Capwn

If you could bring back any TV series from the dead?

For me it would be the series of Darkplace and Jam. Both became hugely popular and often referenced, if it was America they would have had 10 seasons by now but bizarrely both only have 6 episodes. I also think both would still hold up very well on TV today if not more so.

• Upvote 2

Completely obvious answer, but Firefly. Even with the crew being all fat, some dead, and Jayne having started GamerGate.

Most of Graham Lineham's stuff would still work today, largely because none of it outstayed its welcome, although Father Ted would struggle for obvious casting issues. Black Books could be great if they could get the team back together.

And Beadle's About (need a new Jeremy, obviously) could work for a new audience. Proper high value pranks on the public is missed today.

• Upvote 4

Columbo (only if they could go back in time to make more).

Obviously if it was remade today the slow paced nature of it would be spoiled by modern forensic techniques and Peter Falk is irreplaceable.

• Upvote 4

A Ghost Story for Christmas.

There are a bunch of repeats this Christmas Eve, but I wish they’d make more. There are a ton of suitable MR James stories still to adapt, and it could easily be expanded to feature adaptations of other author’s works, or original stories.

• Upvote 5

Well, my vote is for a US comedy drama series called ED.

But I don’t want any new episodes, just for someone with sense to sort out the legal wrangling about the damn soundtrack so I can see it all again, as it’s one of the most charming pieces of TV I’ve seen.

• Upvote 4

Lost.  It might have went out with a bit of a damp squib, but nothing has recreated that cant wait for the next episode wonder of those early seasons.

The wait to find out what was down that hatch was a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael J Glocks said:

Carnivale

that or Deadwood 

I'm surprised they've not brought ER back yet tbh. It seems like a piece of piss. They could do crossovers with that fireman program that has Kareem Said from Oz in it.

• Upvote 3

I still think Angel had mileage left in it, ditto, of course, Firefly. 

There are shows which I would have liked to have seen more of at the time but won't think a revival in 2018 would do them much justice (although that slightly applies to the above two choices). 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

This is almost certainly happening, although a movie rather than a new season. 

Yeah but they’ve been saying that since 2006, I’ll believe it when I see pictures of Al back behind his bar