Capwn

If you could bring back any TV series from the dead?

Another vote for The Lost Room, so much potential and a real shame it had to be continued in comic form. 

Much though I loved Bottom, I'd have to agree with Clippa. The series was a deft blend of puerile and well considered humour, whereas the live shows were tiresome rubbish.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

I was reading this thread just now and thought, Quantum Leap. Given the budgets available to Netflix et al now, it would be utterly awesome.

In a fantasy cast, I'd have Adrian Passdar as Sam and Danny De Vito as Al and I'd keep that fantastic format of having a single episode as a standalone episode - no cliff hangers,

There was a cliff hanger every week! "Oh boy"

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

TheTwilightZoneLogo.png

Considering every premise nowadays is ripped from it anyway it'd be interesting to see what they could do. 

This is actually happening, developed by Jordan Peele. Coming to the CBS streaming service that shows the new Star Trek.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, whizzo said:

There was a cliff hanger every week! "Oh boy"

Was there. I only watched it when it was first aired and never watched any repeats and I'm old and can't remember things :(

Actually, wasn't the cliff hanger that he'd leap and you'd see a glimpse of the next episode. I meant no two episodes ran over - there was a new story every week.

It ended pretty perfectly, but would mark out for Friday Night Lights: Reunion. I want to know Riggins is doing okay in his own messed up way. And get some more Coach Taylor (and Tami) wisdom.

Another vote for Twilight: Zone. Would be a good showcase for up-and-coming directors / writers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

This is actually happening, developed by Jordan Peele. Coming to the CBS streaming service that shows the new Star Trek.

Awesome news! As long as they keep the format the same; short 20 minute episodes.

I bought them all on dvd a few years ago and watched through one a night. Perfect shows. 

The writing and twists have to be up to par though which is going to be tough. 

Firefl--

I was watching a bit of Lexx the other day and that show's aged pretty badly. It was pretty cheap to begin with, mind. Yet it had an alluring tackiness that made it stand out from other sci-fi shows.

So remake that with some modern effects and tighten up the stories a little and I'd be interested.

• Upvote 1

Married With Children

Kolchak The Night Stalker

And just some sorta fun Tiswas/Swap Shop (Tis-Swap/Twat-Pot?) Saturday-morning-kids-magazine-show with an occasional Brian Cox type sat uncomfortably alongside some occasional Little Mix types with cartoons, a nerdy videogame reviewer and possibly a sexy presenter. I cry for Todays youth, I really do.

On 12/21/2017 at 14:07, Fargo said:

Veronica Mars. I'd like to see a series based on the idea she entered the FBI. 

I completely forgot they made a follow-up movie to this. I need to watch it someday.

Wow. Serious nostalgia trip thread.

A lot of these shows ran their natural course, or had steady declines in quality, but I'd love to see more, just to see what everyone is up to:

Oz

Friday Night Lights

The Wire

Sopranos

Band of Brothers

Porridge

Open All Hours (shut up! Shut up! It doesn't exist!)

There's a few kids staples from my youth that I'd like to see again

A Team

Airwolf

Knight Rider

And some music / entertainment shows that just wouldn't work anymore:

Top of the Pops

TFI Friday

The Word

Noisy Mothers

Viva Cabaret

• Upvote 1

If I could resurrect only one series it would have to be the short-lived Middle-Man tv series. It was absolute class with some kooky humour, great performances and was very well-written. I was upset when it was cancelled and it gets an annual viewing now. If you can find it, I'd recommend it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I completely forgot they made a follow-up movie to this. I need to watch it someday.

The movie was ok but they went a little over board with the fan service but it was great to see what the characters were up to. The novels are well worth checking out too. 

Now and Again. Finished on a cliffhanger back in 2000, I'm still salty it was cancelled.

One episode sticks in my head 20 years later. There Are No Words. A side story about words mysteriously disappearing from books in places near where a high tech agent and his handler have worked in the past.

Also while we're putting together a wishlist of stuff that will never recieve more episodes, Good Guys Bad Guys. A weird detective show set in Mebourne in the late 90's with Home and Away star Marcus Graham as an ex-cop trying to run a laundromat while getting dragged into weird detective cases involving the Melbourne underground.