Sign in to follow this  
Tetchy

Happy! New SYFY series - Christopher Meloni

NSFW Trailer.

From Wiki; Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni) is an alcoholic ex-cop turned hitman who lives his days with drugs and cynicism. After he is shot and left for dead, he revives while in the care of paramedics and can now see a small, blue, winged unicorn named Happy (voiced by Patton Oswalt). Happy is the imaginary friend of a little girl named Hailey, who has been kidnapped by a deranged man dressed as Santa Claus, and had escaped to seek Nick's help in finding her. Nick and his new "partner" now must work together to save her.

Just watched the first episode and it's very brutal and quite funny.

• Upvote 4

Renewed for a second season! :D

http://deadline.com/2018/01/happy-renewed-season-2-syfy-1202269250/

Loved this! Batshit crazy and so much fun throughout.. can definitely see the fingerprints of the Crank guys all over it.. (perfectly appropriate given the source material.. which it pretty much lives up to..) it's not ~quite~ as nihilistic as the comic, but it makes up for that with most of the stuff it did add being either even more weird or twisted (or often both!)

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed it as a whole, but I do wonder about the wisdom of a second series. There was a perfect moment to end on in the final episode, and apparently the comics did end there, but with S2 they’ll be into writing completely original material and that almost never goes well. 

Well that was fun! Glad to see it renewed for a second season. It didn't blow my mind or anything but it had a hell of a lot of action and enough weird shit to keep binging through. Planning on rewatching it but with the Mrs come Christmas.

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed that, I was hooked from the Brilliant opening.

Christopher Meloni really plays crazy well, he reminded me of an ultra violent version of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Anyway,it's difficult to say any more without giving away any surprises, but give it a go.

• Upvote 2

Seeing this topic popping up over the last few days  reminded me that I hadn't finished watching so I finished this tonight. Brilliant. Absolutely mental in places but really enjoyed. Not for the squeamish either lol

• Upvote 1

Just finished this. Very enjoyable. A noir / crime / gangster caper just on the right side of realism for me, that is to say a million miles from it. A lot of excellent performances too. I read the comic prior to watching it, it’s basically Grant Morrison channeling Garth Ennis, which is no bad thing. Less multiverse, more multiviolence. 

I’d also be unsure of the wisdom of a second season but you never know. 

• Upvote 1

I quite enjoyed it. I thought it didn't really need some of the lore obviously Crank-y bits with their over-the-top editing of gore and tits, but overall thought the story was surprisingly good. And the main actors (Meloni in particular, obvs) were all great.