Uzi

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (2019) - Get ready to get hooked

Nioh really is fantastic. I normally tap out with Souls-like games, but I stuck with it until the end. DLC is bastard hard, though.

• Upvote 1

I thought Nioh looked great and felt great, but then I became fatigued by the repetition of enemies and the lack of surprise or atmosphere with the level design.

I then looked up how far along I was and it was about a third at best. Abandonado. 

• Upvote 7

The collectors edition has come back in stock at game. Plenty of decent extras for the price (that steelbook is real nice) and you know that statues gonna be worth some dollar in the future. £99

735651_scr1_a.png

Not usually big on CE's, though I've bought a few, but that's a pretty cool looking statue and steelbook combo. The coins are dumb, but hey. Already have it ordered from Amazon, where I think I got the last PS4 copy. Now II can  look forward to it arriving a day or two late.

By the way, anyone looking for some HAWT FEUDAL ACTION might want to check out Blade of the Immortal by Takashi Miike. It's on sale for £4 HD over at Amazon right now, and it's not a particularly old movie. It's not as good as 13 Assassins, but hey. Everyone's seen that by now, right?

You can swim! :omg:

Can't believe how good it looks though. I mean FromSoft games have always been mechanically sound but visually, despite solid art direction, were a bit lacking imo. Sekiro seems to be changing that for the better it looks like. :)

50 minutes ago, VN1X said:

You can swim! :omg:

I'm also on a blackout, so I'm not watching the footage but I expected the swimming - you can swim in Tenchu after all, and even hide by breathing through a reed. A lot of mechanics and animations are straight out of Wrath of Heaven and Kurenai, so I wonder if the swimming is similarly recognisable to me... Maybe I should watch this video. Goddamnit. What's the timestamp on the swimming, please?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm also on a blackout, so I'm not watching the footage but I expected it - you can swim in Tenchu after all, and even hide by breathing through a reed. A lot of mechanics and animations are straight out of Wrath of Heaven and Kurenai, so I wonder if the swimming is similarly recognisable to me... Maybe I should watch this video. Goddamnit. What's the timestamp on the swimming, please?

Click.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Nioh is an amazing 15 hour game stretched to like 100. Just not enough variety to support how long it is. Nioh 2 will hopefully improve that. The combat is exceptional, and ruined every other Souls style game for me apart from Bloodborne.

This looks very Tenchuy