Lorfarius

AMIGArama Episode 26: Space Crusade

Finally got round to listening to the Myth episode. Great stuff.

You hit the nail on the head. How can the Spectrum version be stunning while the Amiga release be so poor? Everything about the Spectrum release that made it so good has been removed.

Aside from the name it's a completely different game.

8 minutes ago, roberthazelby said:

Finally got round to listening to the Myth episode. Great stuff.

You hit the nail on the head. How can the Spectrum version be stunning while the Amiga release be so poor? Everything about the Spectrum release that made it so good has been removed.

Aside from the name it's a completely different game.

The sad part is it came out years later so they had plenty of time to do it well. Such a mistake.

• Upvote 1

Myth on the Amiga is essentially a remake of the C64 version, albeit with a changed sprite. The Spectrum version not only looks different, but plays different - it's more like an old Datasoft platform game like Zorro. The later levels in the Spectrum are especially different with the final "shoot em up" style level completely missing from the Spectrum one.

If you're coming to the Amiga Myth from the Spectrum, yes it's very different and it's probably going to put you off. If you're coming from the C64, it feels like Myth+, but with a different main character, so you'll probably think it's great.

I'm also surprised at just how much the Amiga version is worth these days - especially the CD32 version, which was just the A500 version but on a CD rom.

Myth C64

Amiga

Spectrum

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I'm loving these, but the way. I'm fairly new to podcasts in general, so now have all of these queued up in a playlist. Along with any Cane and Rinse that interests me.

Happy you are enjoying them. If you like this you might enjoy Amigos (another weekly show on the Amiga) and Retronauts. Which is probably the best retro podcast ever made :)