smithstock

Everybody's Golf (PS4) Clubhouse

Sorry, I’m surprised I haven’t already returned to this but Switch has taken over all my gaming time these days. I’ll try to get back on it soon but my scores will be so bad after all this time away that it might not make any difference!

Well I've posted a score, but the wind really threw me. Bloody nightmare. Might try to improve a little later.

Didn't help that a banner was up for first 5 holes across the bottom about unscheduled maintenance. Covered the distance the club would hit as normal!

23 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Some good scores posted so far folks, keep them coming! Round 3 will go live on Monday at midnight.

With the number of participants so far, top two to face each other in the play-off in a fortnight's time.

@PeteBrant @Theholyhogg @b00dles @DC LEMON @Meatball @spanx - Get yourselves involved.

What was the first round of the current game? Or is it the same so I can just add two scores for kanaloa out in the rain?

P.s. I'm not sure if I've added the info to the ladder page properly :ph34r:

Only played the beach course a few times and had a nightmare on the second last hole. Didn't help that my 2 children were playing with me, trying to put me off all the time and being generally really slow and mucking about!

6 hours ago, b00dles said:

What was the first round of the current game? Or is it the same so I can just add two scores for kanaloa out in the rain?

P.s. I'm not sure if I've added the info to the ladder page properly :ph34r:

You have added your details sir! The page has just reordered the scores based on what you input, take a look around the #20 mark - you’re on there. 

58 minutes ago, Kelthink said:

Posted again! Sorry I've been away for a good while. I also want to show my appreciation for smithstock for keeping this going.

Not a problem bud, my pleasure, though I’m trying to keep it low maintenance only because I’m pretty busy these days. I wish I could put more effort into chasing things up and driving more interest but it will always keep running thanks to random generation and you hardcore folk. 

• Upvote 2

Been busy this week and tried to do this last night, however I've not unlocked championship tees yet, what do you have to do for those? 

I think, carry on through the progression with the guy on the desk. You do a challenge with them and then they unlock, quite far through the game though!

2 minutes ago, smithstock said:

I think, carry on through the progression with the guy on the desk. You do a challenge with them and then they unlock, quite far through the game though!

Cheers. I can't be too far off then. Looks like tomorrow is a golf day!

Well I didn't get to unlocking the C tees, so will have to sit this one out. Will be in the next tourney though, and will have everything unlocked by then

Ok, everyone, the RGA Tour 5 is now over! Thanks to all that took part and hats off for a good range of particularly challenge scores.

The MUK Masters V tab is now live and features:

@Mr Majestyk vs @Kelthink

Please try get this played anytime this week before Sunday, otherwise, I'll declare the former the winner by default. Feel free to drop the stream link here too. Also note that @Mr Majestyk, you are required to win by 5 clear strokes overall given that you have a -4 headstart. If the overall score is tied, @Kelthink wins due to having a harsher handicap.

• Upvote 1

Great game fellas and congrats @Mr Majestyk! Really happy to see that the handicap is keeping things competitive and we've had five different winners of the five Masters tournaments so far. Your handicap has now been recalibrated due to your success. Many thanks again to everyone who continues to take part...

As some of you may have noticed, I've been making a few functional and aesthetic changes to the document. Changes are as follows:

• Adjusted layout to emphasise main scores
  • Course choice has been expanded in size alongside branding logos
  • Added several new restriction fields to the settings for more variety
  • Restricted the view of the ladder to the top 32 players
  • Adjusted the graph to show the average forum score as a trend line

The new round will go live on Sunday/Monday, I'll have made a handful of adjustments before then and will post when it's up.

Cheers:hat:

Hey @smithstock didn't @Kelthink win as I didn't beat him by 5 strokes? 

I'd like to suggest we stop using custom clubs going forward? Only use the standard ones we've leveled up through playing. The gold clubs can throw the balance off a bit, but it's a fair win for Kelthink as club type allowed was "any".   

2 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

I'd like to suggest we stop using custom clubs going forward? Only use the standard ones we've leveled up through playing. The gold clubs can throw the balance off a bit, but it's a fair win for Kelthink as club type allowed was "any".   

Apologies, I must have confused myself when I said that! I just meant to say that if your overall scores were level, Kelthink wins. You beat him by 1 stroke, overall, which is fine :)

As for custom clubs, that's part of the reason why I've added those additional fields. I may restrict the next competition to standard club only...

• Upvote 3

Thanks @smithstock for continuing to sort this. As someone who doesn't play that much (still unlocking single player stuff) it's nice to have something as an incentive to keep coming back to it for. And I am definitely noticing that I am getting better, which is always a good thing!

2 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

I'm still confused but I'm fine saying you won!

Sorry I was dead dry last night, I kept thinking I'd put you off or something. I might just treat it like a podcast or commentary or something next time.

• Upvote 1

Right then folks, as promised, I've made a bunch of updates and improvements as follows:

• Fixed various formula bugs on both the RGA Tour and MUK Masters tabs to display the below correctly
  • Revamped the entire randomisation system to allow for improved visibility, more variable granularity and simpler event generation
    • Each round can now be independently randomised, first pass of variables have been input
    • Earlier rounds have a higher likelihood of choosing earlier/easier settings (e.g. Eagle City / Tornado Cups / Regular Tees)
    • Later rounds have a higher likelihood of choosing later/harder settings (e.g. Imperial Garden / Teeny Cups / Championship Tees)
    • I've reduced the chances of the initial DLC courses being selected and have removed the following 3 DLC courses entirely (for now)
    • There is a possibility for "EG Rules I" to be randomised differently to "EG Rules II" - not currently set up this way, but a trivial change to make
    • Restricted the Clubs and Balls to "Standard" though "My Data" progression is still allowed

All of the above is displayed as a tab called "RNG" - take a look and let me know what you think :hat: It's a pretty complex system but it makes everything really easy to change. I can review suggestions ( @Spleen - commenting on too much rain & @Mr Majestyk - asking for standard clubs) and make adjustments between Tours. All types of feedback welcome!

With all that being said and we're just approaching midnight, please feel free to take part...

RGA Tour 6 is LIVE!

• Upvote 3

I can't edit the leaderboard but I got -9

I also can't upload a picture to the forum since my membership ran out :facepalm:

But honestly trust me on this :lol:

Also never use that gauge vanish again it's fucking horrendous :lol:

• Upvote 1

I could believe it. I was -8 until I got to the 8th hole, where it went spectacularly wrong!

I got an amazing amount of perfect impacts with gauge vanish, must've been in the zone!

• Upvote 1

I back in this. I missed the last couple of weeks as my son was in hospital, it all seems better now. 

Got a -8 on my only go so far, had a fair few perfect impacts too, which was nice. 

• Upvote 2

Glad to hear everything is okay buddy :)

Happy to see so many scores already, a wild @DC LEMON appears, maybe we’ll see @Kelthink@PeteBrant or @tyler too?

The handicap is still working great, only 2 strokes separate seven competitors even using standard gear. You don’t have to prove your score @Theholyhogg, this is just honest fun. If only the FIFA league was as dedicated to ensuring competition and balance...

As for the modifier, yeah that one has never came up before. I didn’t like it at first but I was the same shortly after, I got two or three PIs. It’s a timing skill so technically you could do it with your eyes closed. I remember complaining a fair bit when the game first came out about the lack of shot styles because I didn’t used 3-click system but now it’s second nature and that modifier proves it. 

Anyway, keep them coming folks and as always, feedback welcome. 

• Upvote 1