smithstock

Everybody's Golf (PS4) Clubhouse

24 minutes ago, Spleen said:

Bloody hell! 

No Approach shot is a nightmare.

Horrible isn't it?

I don't think I realised how bad it was until I massively overestimated the power needed on the green and another one I literally needed one pixel of power to putt. It is really tough!

I'm still unlocking courses, takes a while doesn't it? All good fun though. Hopefully I'll be ready for next time

Couple of questions as well. Which tee should we be using for official scores? And on some of the videos on here I am seeing a yellow putting guide line. Where do you turn that on? Not that I really want to use it but I can't find the option to save my life. Pretty sure I am missing a ton of stuff that is going on in this game

9 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

The new round shows backspin +1 And no spins. Is it bunker+1 as I can't select both? 

It seems that the randomiser has chosen both :/

Go for solely “no spins” instead. 

• Upvote 1

I can modify the chances of that too if it's an issue. I think it's something like 2/9 chance (22%) for rain, that can be adjusted if it's too much of an issue because it's pretty much a modifier in itself.

Let me know bud, not an issue to adjust it :)

Hey, picked this up at the weekend (only bought a PS4 a couple of weeks ago). What do I need to have unlock so I can join the tourney? (also how do I join?)

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Hey, picked this up at the weekend (only bought a PS4 a couple of weeks ago). What do I need to have unlock so I can join the tourney? (also how do I join?)

You need to progress through the main mode, basically keep talking to the guy sat on the desk and make sure you up the difficulty with the square button. It will take well over 15 hours to unlock all the vanilla courses.

Then follow the link to the spreadsheet in my signature to the standings. Add your score for each 18 hole official round (it will be tagged as such in game) on the “Ladder” tab and it will calculate an appropriate handicap for use in tournaments. If you choose the 18 hole “official” rounds from the guy in the desk, this doubles up as progressing you faster and logs a score for use on the spreadsheet. 

Enjoy! And drop me an add if you need help :)

• Upvote 1

Cheers, I better get playing! (If I can tear myself away from Bloodborne)

I have World Tour on the PS3 so kind of know my way around. Been a long time since I played it though :)

8 hours ago, Spleen said:

It's raining again! Haha. 

Although I seem to have done ok. 

Ha sorry bud! I will change that after this set of rounds. You’ve done really well this time round though, Spleen of old has checked back in. Me on the other hand, I’m feeling the handicap pain!

We’ll look to do the Masters play off next week with the top 2. 

3 hours ago, smithstock said:

Unless there’s a dramatic turnaround in scores today, it looks like me vs @Spleen in the play off...

How does Tuesday evening suit buddy? 9pm?

Yeah, Tuesday at 9 should be ok. 

Hopefully I'll do better this time. 

Congrats to @Spleen who finished the fourth tour in 1st place. Given the lack of scores posted this time round, it will be a top two play off.

This will take place tonight at 9pm. Details are live on the spreadsheet...

@Spleen vs @smithstock

Stream will be posted here around that time.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Crazy I know! Very difficult set up that, lucky I watched a few videos on putting recently or I would have been even worse. 

Hats off to @Spleen, he was pretty consistent throughout and pulled off a handful of unexpected birdies on difficult greens. He did really well on each of the weekly contests too, was always going to be a difficult match. I thought I was going to bring it back to at least make it more of a contest towards the back 9 but I messed up a drive and it went all downhill from there.

Next tour I’ll get set up for the weekend, with a twist. I’ll let YOU FOLKS choose the course, rules and settings. The first 4 pm’s I get, I will use those and substitute any remaining slots with the random generator. 

Alright folks, new Tour is up and running. I made a couple of minor tweaks to the spreadsheet and reduced the likelihood of rain appearing.

I’ve randomised each of the rounds though I did it enough times to prefer the earlier courses being dropped to encourage more players. In any case...

RGA Tour 5 - Round 1 is Live!

• Upvote 2

Not been playing this much as Persona 5 has taken over my life, but I'll give this a go in the next day or so. Are we OK to post a score then post an improvement if we manage one?

Ignore the question, just checked the guide you wrote and it answered for me

Was about to do some 18 hole rounds on the courses I have to get my handicap more accurate. Does the game not record your best scores when you have a course in Mirror? Seems a bit daft. Will just have to make sure I update the spreadsheet straight away.

And a question! Probably just being thick here. How do I set the modifier for very strong wind for the tournament? I am using the machine by the desk to set up a stroke play round and can't seem to find the option

11 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Was about to do some 18 hole rounds on the courses I have to get my handicap more accurate. Does the game not record your best scores when you have a course in Mirror? Seems a bit daft. Will just have to make sure I update the spreadsheet straight away.

And a question! Probably just being thick here. How do I set the modifier for very strong wind for the tournament? I am using the machine by the desk to set up a stroke play round and can't seem to find the option

On the title screen select Multiplayer - and set your game up that way (you can play it on your own despite the name)

Or if you buddy up with someone in here then press start -> online -> game room and set up the game room with the modifier options.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

On the title screen select Multiplayer - and set your game up that way (you can play it on your own despite the name)

Or if you buddy up with someone in here then press start -> online -> game room and set up the game room with the modifier options.

Brilliant, thanks!

3 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Does the game not record your best scores when you have a course in Mirror? Seems a bit daft. Will just have to make sure I update the spreadsheet straight away.

Aye it's a bit annoying.

I've only added it to the spreadsheet for completion more than anything else (I can remove/hide those columns) but yeah, the game only records a single score for your "best official round", irrespective of whether that be on a mirror course or using tiny pins.

We do have some good high scores on the sheet though and with the handicaps being balanced closer than ever, it's good competition outside of the elite strokes.

@PeteBrant @Theholyhogg @DC LEMON @ChewMagma - Do you folks fancy posting a score?

46 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Aye it's a bit annoying.

I've only added it to the spreadsheet for completion more than anything else (I can remove/hide those columns) but yeah, the game only records a single score for your "best official round", irrespective of whether that be on a mirror course or using tiny pins.

We do have some good high scores on the sheet though and with the handicaps being balanced closer than ever, it's good competition outside of the elite strokes.

I'm going to do an 18 on the second course, normal and mirror, then I'll post a score for the tournament. Will get it done by tomorrow hopefully

3 hours ago, smithstock said:

Aye it's a bit annoying.

@PeteBrant @Theholyhogg @DC LEMON @ChewMagma - Do you folks fancy posting a score?

Ill get something posted this weekend