PK

Destiny 2 PC players

I don't think I'm duplicating anything here, but apologies if I am.  Me & my Destiny buddy have decided to play D2 on PC, who else is?  Would be great to team up for raids - although, fair warning, we're both terrible at games, and Destiny in particular.

Battlenet ID in my sig!

clippa#2117

2 hours ago, PK said:

we're both terrible at games, and Destiny in particular.

I've got shaky hands but I try my best.

This is all starting to feel a bit you're-not-my-real-dad-fuck-off but we're gonna smash it!

@Oz You in? Or are you too shit scared?

Judging by the video he posted, @Moz could carry the whole team if he's getting it for pc and is easily flattered/willing to associate himself with this embarrassing ragtag bunch of misfits.

Still no word from @VN1X since he downloaded the beta but he's all over fpseses so that should up the wheat to chaff ratio if he likes the game and is up for babysitting cackhanded bullet magnets.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, clippa said:

Still no word from @VN1X since he downloaded the beta but he's all over fpseses so that should up the wheat to chaff ratio if he likes the game and is up for babysitting cackhanded bullet magnets.

Yeah I played it but it just didn't grab me in any way whatsoever. 

It's a joy to look at but I found myself not really engaging with any other aspect of it. Sorry!

Just now, VN1X said:

Yeah I played it but it just didn't grab me in any way whatsoever.

That'll be reet, that'll be reet.

We're destined to never meet. Someone up there knows what'd happen if we ever did.

I thought it looked a bit flat myself.

14 hours ago, clippa said:

clippa#2117

This is all starting to feel a bit you're-not-my-real-dad-fuck-off but we're gonna smash it!

Judging by the video he posted, @Moz could carry the whole team if he's getting it for pc and is easily flattered/willing to associate himself with this embarrassing ragtag bunch of misfits.

hey! Forum did not notify me of  a mention here! Fucking new forum! I know no fear!

59a2994a88e76_giphy(3).gif.1379790bb50642803d9f7d6724020023.gif

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PK said:

I don't think I'm duplicating anything here, but apologies if I am.  Me & my Destiny buddy have decided to play D2 on PC, who else is?  Would be great to team up for raids - although, fair warning, we're both terrible at games, and Destiny in particular.

Battlenet ID in my sig!

you'd be also happy to know I have fixed what was wrong with my mic as well. so you will now get to enjoy my live commentary. I talk constantly as we are going through. mainly giving other players directions about exactly what to do and how to play properly. most people love it. :hat: edit: I will also talk from time to time about how amazing my PC rig is and how many frames I am getting per second. I like to talk about tech specs. 

• Upvote 3

I'm getting this, Battlenet ID is TerribleOwl.

Chances are I won't be doing any of the raids or end game strikes but if you ever need to make up numbers for the crucible or patrolling and spot me online then I'll be there.

• Upvote 1

how are you guys gearing up? I will jump in for sure.

I've got some tips having played most of it on PS4. but let me know if you'd want to go in blind? 

On 9/15/2017 at 14:58, PK said:

Untitled.png

On 9/11/2017 at 17:40, Orcitect said:

Orcitect#21944

On 9/6/2017 at 21:21, matt0 said:

Chances are I won't be doing any of the raids or end game strikes but if you ever need to make up numbers for the crucible or patrolling and spot me online then I'll be there.

On 9/6/2017 at 21:21, matt0 said:

On 9/1/2017 at 04:08, clippa said:

clippa#2117

On 9/1/2017 at 01:59, PK said:

Battlenet ID in my sig!

7 hours ago, Oz said:

I've got some tips having played most of it on PS4. but let me know if you'd want to go in blind?

Aye, go on, if it's not too much bother, I'd be interested in reading it. Spoiler it and then people can make their own minds up.

• Upvote 1

Please note the following contains facts AND opinions.

Levelling:

1)     Play the story first (maybe even on your own) it takes about 15 hours to complete and by the end of it you will have opened all of the possible activities. It is a good intro to the game, the world, locations the levelling system, etc.

2)     Equip your most powerful gear when going through the story and try to give a shot to everything you pick up so that you find your playstyle and things you enjoy using

3)     Buy the occasional green weapon from vendors for a slot that is weak in your character. This will help the overall power of your gear, making the average drop better

4)     Rare items (blue) will soon start dropping from certain enemies. This is intrinsically better than green or common items because of the perks. This is true even if the power is slightly below. I would try to upgrade all slots to blue if you can at this point

5)     Purple (or rare) items will soon start dropping randomly but the main way to get them is by levelling up a vendor. Each location has a vendor and each vendor has a specific token that increases the rep with that vendor. Tokens are earned by any activity in that area or location

6)     Once the vendor goes up a level he will give you a purple item(s). Try to get all your slots to purple at this point. Things will slowly start dropping at higher and higher power levels. You might want to dabble in infusion at this point but do not overdo it. You will do this later.

7)     Once you have enough purple items you will start seeing your power level stagnate. This is time for phase 2 of the end game

8)     Phase 2 is to focus on your milestones (find them in the ‘director’). These reset every week and give you access to something called powerful gear. These are the only items to drop significant above your existing power level once you hit that power level soft cap.

9)     Once you hit about 265 power powerful gear are the only things that will give you more power. Around this time you can also consider doing location specific post credit missions (blue quest markers). There is one in each location and they give you exotic gear. Exotic gear drops +7 above your level.

10)  Once you hit 280 power mods start becoming and thing. This is about the right time to start paying attention to infusion. Infusion can be complicated so I will cover it in another post as I think it might be a bit too much to digest. Play around with it but be careful.

Other tips:

11)  You can only equip one exotic weapon and one exotic armour at a time.

12)   You can change the colours of each bit of gear by using ‘shaders’. See the ‘details’ menu of items to find out how to use them.

13)  Weapons have stats that increase your mobility, resilience and recovery. Play around with that depending on your playstyle. There is not right or wrong. Some people like being faster and recovering fasters.

14)  Missions have recommended light levels but they never get too easy as the difference between you and the enemies is capped at some point

15)  Pick any class as long as it is not a Hunter. Titans are stronger and Warlocks focus on space magic and being cool.

16)  Power advantages to not apply for crucible. The best weapons for crucible are: MIDA Multi Tool, Scathelock, Uriel’s Gift, Nameless midnight, MIDA Mini Tool, and any fusion rifle. This may be different in PC as hand cannons seem to be most deadly

17)  You can shard unwanted items for glimmer (coins) and weapon parts. Never ever shard blue scout rifles. You’ll thank me later.

Oz warnings:

18)  Do not try to min max your time with the game and get to the highest level possible as quickly as possible. You will just get burned out

19)  The game is best played a little every week when your mates are about rather than on your own. You should always try to play with others. Playing on your own or with randoms is not Destiny. If you want to do that you might as well pick up another game

20)  Because of how rewards work you should probably play around 4-6 hours per week at which point continuing to play is not advised because: you lose a weekly buff that increases your chances to get rewards; high reward activities can only be done once a week and completing the same activity multiple times will not offer any rewards

21)  To get around number 20 people create multiple characters. I think for people with families or in happy marriages this is a super bad idea.

22) A vendor comes every weekend with Exotic gear called Xur. Make sure you are there for that in case he sells something good. You need legendary Marks to buy from him. 

• Upvote 3

Cheers Oz, all sounds like good advice.

4 hours ago, Oz said:

You should always try to play with others. Playing on your own or with randoms is not Destiny.

Are you sure about that? I've always just played co-op and multiplayer games with randoms and never had any issues. The beta with randoms seemed totally fine.

and i get that it's all part of the yawnsome blokey banter around the game but why does everyone keep shitting on hunters?! I wanna be a hunter. My self confidence is bad enough as it is without choosing the wrong pair of trainers! Is everyone gonna pick on me?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, clippa said:

Cheers Oz, all sounds like good advice.

Are you sure about that? I've always just played co-op and multiplayer games with randoms and never had any issues. The beta with randoms seemed totally fine.

and i get that it's all part of the yawnsome blokey banter around the game but why does everyone keep shitting on hunters?! I wanna be a hunter. My self confidence is bad enough as it is without choosing the wrong pair of trainers! Is everyone gonna pick on me?

I sometimes feel like playing on my own in silence. And do from time to time in destiny. But to get the most out of it you really do benefit from talking and making new friends. Coordinating in raids is like nothing else you can play. But getting there will take a while. The hunter thing is totally a joke. No one will pick on you of course. There are probably more hunters in the forum than anything else. Clearly that choice is incorrect though.:)

2 minutes ago, Oz said:

you really do benefit from talking and making new friends. Coordinating in raids is like nothing else you can play. But getting there will take a while.

This is starting to sound less like a fun game and more like cognitive behavioural therapy.

• Upvote 1

Will this be releasing in a similar state as the console versions were at launch? Without stuff like the new faction guys and other bits that have been added since launch or will it all be there from the start on pc?

4 hours ago, spork said:

Will this be releasing in a similar state as the console versions were at launch? Without stuff like the new faction guys and other bits that have been added since launch or will it all be there from the start on pc?

Probably but hard to say as maybe they'll want the two to align either from the start or afterwards. They have not commented. Post on the main thread to see if anyone else has heard. 

Gonna be playing this with Uzi and a couple of others. I believe you need 6 for some stuff? Could potentially do with a couple of rllmukers to fail at raids I mean conquer the raids with glory.

I'm mayonnegg#2772