Sign in to follow this  
tnman

rllmuk Overlords [MUKO] - Destiny 2 Xbox One Clan & Raid Organisation

@Purin, I think there will be 5 of us from MoS on tonight who are looking to do the nightfall (Kryptonian, Kwakpriest, Mystacon, Malevolent Panda and me). We'll likely all be in party chat together so just jump in and we can get two teams together.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tnman said:

Sounds good. When you about?

No set schedule, but most evenings about 8:30.

Thinking about the Raid, perhaps Friday night might be good for some clan members? 

@tnman@Purin   If you need a 3rd for the Nightfall I'm game, 220 ish atm but will have that upped when I get time free today ^^

It's possible I might be raid ready by Friday if we're saying a min of 260? Will just need to cane it when I am free of work...obligations :(

Alright, cool. I'll see you guys at 8:30pm. :)

In other news, I've just written a bit of a policy on Guided Games. It sounds really serious but only because I want to make sure other rllmuk things aren't inadvertently affected in the unlikely event we receive any kind of negativity. We're all sound but I just want to have it stated just in case.

Guided Games

Anybody in the clan is welcome to pursue activities as a Seeker or a Guide in Guided Games. Bungie describe their own rules on Guided Games here. The clan should follow those rules. Under no circumstances should a Guided Game be abandoned - the vote to leave feature must be utilised. Guided Game results and feedback reports will be monitored as closely as the Bungie.net API allows. Because rllmuk as a forum and a name could be brought into disrepute from any negativity, there is the possibility that clan members could inadvertently affect the forum and other Destiny 2 rllmuk clans - as such clan members found to have caused a negative experience will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

• Upvote 1

What you should avoid doing at the moment is collecting anything that might be powerful gear, That is assuming you think you are going to get over 265 this week. All the milestones drop powerful gear but I don't believe that they are set until you actually collect them. Powerful gear is the only way to get over 265 and the activities are generally on a reset.

Basically try hard to get to, or at least close to 265 before picking up the milestone rewards. Remember as well once you are there to check with the Hawthorne to pick up your clan related rewards as they are powerful gear and you'll probably find a some waiting for you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, metallicfrodo said:

What you should avoid doing at the moment is collecting anything that might be powerful gear, That is assuming you think you are going to get over 265 this week. All the milestones drop powerful gear but I don't believe that they are set until you actually collect them. Powerful gear is the only way to get over 265 and the activities are generally on a reset.

Basically try hard to get to, or at least close to 265 before picking up the milestone rewards. Remember as well once you are there to check with the Hawthorne to pick up your clan related rewards as they are powerful gear and you'll probably find a some waiting for you.

Blegh I think I went round and picked up a load last night. Gutted. 

12 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Blegh I think I went round and picked up a load last night. Gutted. 

Also make sure at the moment that you are leveling up all the factions and quest givers on each planet as they will drop legendaries over your level. Especially don't forget that you can give gun parts to the gunsmith to level him up (I had loads of dismantled stuff so used that as a quick way to level up a bit).

It's also probably worth holding off on the quest that gives you Drang, it's powerful gear and will therefore drop over 265 (I don't think this is the case for the Mida Mini tool quest as I have that at 265 but I'm not 100% sure). Also wait to pick up any exotics related to exotic quests, again, as they are exotics will be higher than your currently level so again try and wait for post 265.

Basically getting to 265 is really just about time, and getting engrams, to that end I think the quickest way is to do Public Events, possibly with that consumable medallion active to get higher level/more rewards on.

I'd actually suggest that you are far better off doing that tonight than the nightfall, because 1) you might just find that you end up spending hours doing it and not finishing it for little reward and 2) it's going to drop powerful engrams and you should wait until you are 265 to get the best out of it.

Also just so you know, don't dismantle any scout rifles until you have done a certain quest (you will now that it is when it happens), store them in your vault if needs be but keep hold of them!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Also make sure at the moment that you are leveling up all the factions and quest givers on each planet as they will drop legendaries over your level. Especially don't forget that you can give gun parts to the gunsmith to level him up (I had loads of dismantled stuff so used that as a quick way to level up a bit).

It's also probably worth holding off on the quest that gives you Drang, it's powerful gear and will therefore drop over 265 (I don't think this is the case for the Mida Mini tool quest as I have that at 265 but I'm not 100% sure). Also wait to pick up any exotics related to exotic quests, again, as they are exotics will be higher than your currently level so again try and wait for post 265.

Basically getting to 265 is really just about time, and getting engrams, to that end I think the quickest way is to do Public Events, possibly with that consumable medallion active to get higher level/more rewards on.

I'd actually suggest that you are far better off doing that tonight than the nightfall, because 1) you might just find that you end up spending hours doing it and not finishing it for little reward and 2) it's going to drop powerful engrams and you should wait until you are 265 to get the best out of it.

Also just so you know, don't dismantle any scout rifles until you have done a certain quest (you will now that it is when it happens), store them in your vault if needs be but keep hold of them!

What's the consumable that's good for public events?

Also, I got a 234 Drang. Feel bad now!

Cheers metallicfrodo - all sound advice.

I'm actually off work all week and the entirety of this afternoon will be set on Destiny 2. I'm confident I'll get to to 230 so I'll probably get as much above that as I can (without just grinding as I hate to play only to grind) as there's lots of public events, adventures, lost sectors etc I just haven't touched yet. So then the nightfall may actually push me towards the 260 to at least go and have a look at the raid.

I remember when the Crota raid dropped I popped my head in and ran around the maze just for funsies so if I can pop my head into Leviathan and kill a few adds to have a mooch around I'll be contented with that if I can't play it properly.

1 minute ago, tnman said:

I remember when the Crota raid dropped I popped my head in and ran around the maze just for funsies so if I can pop my head into Leviathan and kill a few adds to have a mooch around I'll be contented with that if I can't play it properly.

Indeed. I'm just happy to get a group for these events to be honest and I'm keen to make friends etc now before it gets to a point where either A) A load of people quit and there's no-one left or B) Everyone has their pre-determined groups of friends they rely on to be on and I have to pug the stuff myself. 

I will do what I can to get close to 260 but I'm not spending hours and hours doing the same stuff cos I'll just burn out. 

3 minutes ago, Varsity said:

I will do what I can to get close to 260 but I'm not spending hours and hours doing the same stuff cos I'll just burn out. 

Same here. If I crash and burn in the Raid because I'm 260 rather than 290 then so be it.

2 minutes ago, Purin said:

Same here. If I crash and burn in the Raid because I'm 260 rather than 290 then so be it.

If it's anything like WoW, you still need some semblance of skill and competency as well as gear...if that's the case I'll just say I'm a veteran FPS/MMO player in shitty gear lol. As long as I don't die horribly first, it's all good :P Should be a blast ^^ 

• Upvote 1

Let's put it this way, we need a sixth for our team tonight, and a squishy 6th is going to be better than no 6th at all, so please don't feel that we'd be annoyed if you joined us if you are a low light level (assuming you aren't locked out of the Raid completely).

• Upvote 1