Gorf King

Rllmuk Renegades Clan

Sorry guys, clan's done for now. I'm going to close applications and make it invite-only from now, and when spaces become free (they will over time as people drop out of playing) I'll send out an invite to forumites with whom we've been playing, or have been otherwise active. Thanks.

Edit: Clan's a bit knackered and won't let me make it invite-only for now, but treat it as if it is.

So, how do we apply for an invite? Post here? I'm posting here right now for safety. This is a post. When I click submit, I will have posted. Post.

Comrade_Al, btw.

The clan's invite-only for now, which means people can't apply - or wouldn't be able to, if the frickin site worked properly (people might still be able to apply, but they can't/won't be accepted). When the game's been out a bit and some people have either quit playing altogether, or near-enough altogether, or never do any team stuff with other clan members, then we'll probably be able to have a prune of membership and free up spaces. This was never done in the original D1 rllmuk clan, which is what prompted me to have to form this clan in the first place - because none of us could get in the original rllmuk clan as it was full, partly of people who rarely or never played. We're at 94 now so I think we're also full, or maybe 1 place away (the 100 limit seems to be broken as it's evidently lower for us for some reason).

I'll post in here when we open it up again, but to be honest if someone plays D2 a lot with people from the clan (i.e. people on their friends list) then when any prune happens they are likely to get an invite - you don't have to be in any particular clan to play with people off here, after all. In the meantime, there's nothing I can do about our being full, so I'm afraid the only option is to do what I did with this one in D1 and set up another clan. This is a reoccurrence of the original clan's situation in the early days, but unlike in that situation I intend to make sure this clan remains relevant, like it did in D1, by pruning people over time so that more active people who participate in stuff together can join and it doesn't just die out. For now though, we're at capacity, and we'll just have to see how it pans out.

• Upvote 1

So how do we best organise some clan action?

i have just opened up the strikes in the game and am keen on some disastrously implemented teamwork death. :)

I need to do some strikes too :)

Unsure if you're already on my friends list, but if not then feel free to add me: tutsiebear (clan roster isn't quite working yet as it's just the loading screen) and just invite me to your team / party or whatever!  Haven't done them yet, and pretty much a noob, but can provide much disasterous implementations!

Hope I'm ok to post this here..?

Similar to many - starting to hit the 260 mark and needing to do strikes/nightfall etc to progress further..

Not in the clan though.. as I have a few friends (& non-forumites) who I played through most of Destiny 1 with, so have always been in their clan (of 4..)

Wouldn't mind having some more players on my friends list to call on occasionally - as we don't have enough to do a raid - or to fill out anyone else's fireteam..

PSN: overstr1ke

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

I need to do some strikes too :)

Unsure if you're already on my friends list, but if not then feel free to add me: tutsiebear (clan roster isn't quite working yet as it's just the loading screen) and just invite me to your team / party or whatever!  Haven't done them yet, and pretty much a noob, but can provide much disasterous implementations!

Excellent. You seem to already be on there. I'm yiggy on there too. Will be on most evenings after 9 or 10. 

Clan is now formally set to invite-only on bungie.net, since the technical problem which prevented this from happening has been fixed. See post a few above this one for details of how we intend to proceed in assessing membership base once the game's been out a few weeks and there are some third-party sites that enable us to do so (however crudely).

In terms of setting up activities and teams, the best thing to do would be what we've always done - set them up as individual threads, e.g. individual raid threads, rather than put them all in here. For one thing, not everyone reads this thread, and you're likely to get greater visibility in separate threads. For another, lots of people who play on PS4 are in other clans, or no clan at all. You'll get a better uptake posting individual team-up threads.

I'll keep this thread updated with any changes to clan functionality, including when the clan roster and guided games go live. On the latter point, we'll have to have a think about how that operates, as I'm sure its intention is to have clans invite non-clan players to complete activities such as Nightfalls and raids from a perspective of helping them, not one of, say, not being able to get a team together at all and more relying on a majority of outsiders to help one of us (e.g. having only two people for a raid and speculatively throwing out a request for 4 others to help the two clan members do it). So we'll have to have a look at how that operates in practice - the clan settings allow for the ability to set up guided games to be restricted to certain levels of membership, and although I don't want to even set different levels of membership up, we might have to look at that if leaving it completely open to anyone to create a guided game invite turns out to produce negative clan feedback reports. ('Seekers' in guided games get to give feedback to Bungie about whether the activity was successful, how competent/friendly etc the guiding clan was, etc.)

More on that when guided games goes live, presumably in the beta later this week. But for now, basically, just use the forum/this folder to try to get teams together - NOT guided games, which are essentially intended to be for experienced clan groups to help someone else through an activity which the clan members know, but which the outsider can't get a team together for and/or needs guidance with.

Thanks.

On another note, it seems we're big and active enough that we should easily achieve a full clan level (the max) per week, and with multiple clan teams already completing stuff like the Nightfall multiple times, I hope everyone's enjoying the extra engrams they're giving everyone (and up to Powerful level, no less). Hopefully we'll all get another from the raid this week, and as the clan continues to rank up normal rewards, like drops, should be enhanced in individual gameplay. By week six our drops should be notably more generous, which will be handy for anyone starting alts around that time. And also note: when you start an alt, each of your characters gets the extra engrams - it's not just per account.

Don't forget to visit Suraya Hawthorne for your clan reward engrams each week.

• Upvote 4

I'd say so. There seems to be demand and it'd be preferable to clan up with people from here rather than randoms. 

But if the Renegades are now the establishment, what would that make us? It's like 80s alternative comedy all over again.

2 hours ago, Yiggy said:

So whos up for doing a strike this evening from 2130? I'm a hunter@165 power. 

Will be my first D2 strike. Have headset. Will not travel. :)

@Rikku You up for it?

I don't think these posts will merge. I meant to quote you in my previous reply!

Guidance for Guided Games is now up, including the requirements and code of conduct; https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46247

The idea behind guide games is that a clan sets up at least half a fireteam and offers to guide others through Nightfalls, raids and Trials. Obviously I know we've people capable of doing that, but we need to make sure that a team that is setting up a guided games session is going to be comfortable with being the helpers. The clan can be reported if the seeker feels they've breached the code of conduct, and they also complete a feedback form at the end about competence, whether they finished the activity, etc. In the end we get rated based on the aggregate of that feedback.

I'm not sure we'll ever actually offer guided games to others, but if anyone's thinking of doing it could we agree to not set up any guided games until/unless a few of us have discussed and agreed it? Have a chat in game if you like, on PSN, or set up a conversation here if you want to set up some guided games.

Can I also ask that we try to keep this thread for stuff relating to the Renegades clan, because otherwise the thread loses its purpose. Hope that doesn't sound rude, but if you're looking to arrange meets and it's not a Renegades thing this isn't the thread to do it in. Obviously any of us would be more than happy to join in activities with you, but a separate thread or threads would be a better idea.

Cheers.

Anyone up for getting a RAID team together tonight around 9pm?

I'm 267 warlock. Might be a bit under leveled. I did pick up Winter Guile gloves last night which coupled with hunger on void walker makes me a Melee machine. It increases the damage melee kills do after every Melee kill, it stacks but I don't know how high. 

Anyway, always a laugh doing Raids for the first time whether we manage it or not. 

3 hours ago, Gerry Helmet said:

Anyone up for getting a RAID team together tonight around 9pm?

I'm 267 warlock. Might be a bit under leveled. I did pick up Winter Guile gloves last night which coupled with hunger on void walker makes me a Melee machine. It increases the damage melee kills do after every Melee kill, it stacks but I don't know how high. 

Anyway, always a laugh doing Raids for the first time whether we manage it or not. 

^ Looking at putting a mob together for tonight for approx 8pm if you and everyone else wanna join up?