Sign in to follow this  
Loik V credern

Your dream game

Not sure if its my dream game but I have an idea for an RPG/survival game set across Europe during WW2.  

You are a downed paratrooper who has lost everything and you need to cross Europe to get to safety.   There would be uncross-able Nazi checkpoints to stop you just running to the exit type thing and you would have to meet up with resistance groups etc and do missions for them before you can clear each checkpoint.  You would have to collect and find weapons, upgrades and outfits etc, each opening up more missions.  Survival wise it would have certain weather types that you would need to deal with as well as eating and sleeping but no base building. It would play as well as an FPS but not actually be a shooter, weapons and ammo would be scarce and being shot will most likely kill you.  Vehicles would need repairing and fuel and be rare so a lot would be on foot, you would have to cross rivers so would have to dump them too.

I have basically designed the whole game in my head, just need to find a developer.

• Upvote 4

I never got round to playing Chromehounds, but now that VR has arrived, I'd love to see something like Chromehounds in VR.

Really though, my dream game is pretty much Project Cars 2.  It's being released next month so I'm sorted!

On 23/08/2017 at 14:35, Pockets said:

I'd like a 'perfect' football game but it'll never happen as how would you then sell next year's?

A subscription model would be the answer of course but I'm doubtful. 

Something combining the best elements of PES and FIFA with all the licences on a truly global scale with FM levels of detail in the career mode, regularly updated, perhaps with year on year improvements to graphics etc as DLC to subscribers as they become possible. 

More or less this. My ideal football game would have:

• The playability of a good PES or FIFA style simulation based game, rather than the arcade play of Sensi
  • A career mode which features league competitions in every country in the world, across both men and women's football. Licensing is ideal, but I'll accept reasonable fudges in the Bhutan National League. Full international, U21 and U19 sides, with accurate competitions.
  • An evolving game world. Both basic political changes (e.g. a unified Korea), or footballing ones (eventual creation of superleagues), giving a bit more life to the long term career game
  • The depth of Football Manager off the pitch - finances, reserves and youth, with the feeling of building a club rather than simply managing the first team affairs
  • Historical international competitions - every World Cup, every Olympic Games, every continental tournament, with qualification and appropriate rules
  • Fully customisable rules. For example, not just turning offside on or off, but tweaking the number of players counted in the rule, whether or not you need to be interfering, whether or not to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, how play is restarted, etc.
  • Modes other than standard 11-a-side. Futsal, indoor football, beach football
  • Individual player career mode, seeing you develop your player from a young age, playing youth football and looking to make it big, continuing seamlessly into the management side of the game when you hang up your boots, with player-management also an option.
  • A fast-tracked mode which simulates games or portions of games throughout the season, dropping you in to play when your team are in trouble or the competition is an important one, so you don't have to play through 50+ games a season for your mid-table, do-nothing side when you're planning for the future, but still have the ability to claw back an unexpected defeat
  • On that note, an in-game AI tracks your play style, whether as an individual player or as a team, so that during the simulation your team play as you yourself would play, rather than just farting out a result using bog standard tactics that don't appreciate what you've been doing
  • Customisable worlds, allowing the creation of fantasy systems and superleagues
  • Local multiplayer providing options such as equalising team abilities, random player drafts, third player acting as the referee, etc.

You know what's missing? Online. That already exists elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

A GTA game that is actually about your ability to make X money after a certain amount of in game months or a year.

Staying with the drug stuff from the Chinatown game to the heist planning stuff with absolutely no story at all and no markers for missions. A smaller scale city but one that actually functions with shifts and people doing jobs with a way to make money legitimately too.

• Upvote 1

Berserkborne/Berserk Souls with a bigger emphasis on story (ie: cutscenes, voice-acting, etc) but not too much though (think MGSV) and crazy amounts of gore & dismemberment. 

I'd die for a game like that. Many times over. 

• Upvote 1

Dream game would be pushing it, but I'd love a multiplayer wrestling game which is true to the form and not the illusion i.e. co-op multiplayer, needing to simulate taking damage and build a relationship with an AI audience.

Some sort of Sonic game that's like Sonic 3 and Knuckles only better. 

Like Sonic Mania.

So that.

I'd like a Minecraft style building game, but using current-gen tech - Spintires had some really interesting terrain deformation stuff where everything in the world had physics, to the point that ground would kind of compress when something heavy went over it and then sponge back to normal, which feels very refreshing when most in-game terrain is still entirely static and unresponsive.

I'm honestly utterly baffled something like this hasn't been announced. Minecraft sold 144 million copies so there's clearly an incredibly large audience there and it's coming up on 10- years old, so the audience for it is surely ageing up. It feels like a platform holder could announce this and have the next Pokemon style evergreen megahit franchise on their hands.

• Upvote 1

On 24/08/2017 at 16:30, Fry Crayola said:

More or less this. My ideal football game would have:

• The playability of a good PES or FIFA style simulation based game, rather than the arcade play of Sensi
  • A career mode which features league competitions in every country in the world, across both men and women's football. Licensing is ideal, but I'll accept reasonable fudges in the Bhutan National League. Full international, U21 and U19 sides, with accurate competitions.
  • An evolving game world. Both basic political changes (e.g. a unified Korea), or footballing ones (eventual creation of superleagues), giving a bit more life to the long term career game
  • The depth of Football Manager off the pitch - finances, reserves and youth, with the feeling of building a club rather than simply managing the first team affairs
  • Historical international competitions - every World Cup, every Olympic Games, every continental tournament, with qualification and appropriate rules
  • Fully customisable rules. For example, not just turning offside on or off, but tweaking the number of players counted in the rule, whether or not you need to be interfering, whether or not to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, how play is restarted, etc.
  • Modes other than standard 11-a-side. Futsal, indoor football, beach football
  • Individual player career mode, seeing you develop your player from a young age, playing youth football and looking to make it big, continuing seamlessly into the management side of the game when you hang up your boots, with player-management also an option.
  • A fast-tracked mode which simulates games or portions of games throughout the season, dropping you in to play when your team are in trouble or the competition is an important one, so you don't have to play through 50+ games a season for your mid-table, do-nothing side when you're planning for the future, but still have the ability to claw back an unexpected defeat
  • On that note, an in-game AI tracks your play style, whether as an individual player or as a team, so that during the simulation your team play as you yourself would play, rather than just farting out a result using bog standard tactics that don't appreciate what you've been doing
  • Customisable worlds, allowing the creation of fantasy systems and superleagues
  • Local multiplayer providing options such as equalising team abilities, random player drafts, third player acting as the referee, etc.

You know what's missing? Online. That already exists elsewhere.

Can we have a 'you are the ref' online mode too?

On 24/08/2017 at 02:40, Untogether said:

I always thought of a Star Wars game (and I don't actually like Star Wars that much) with the tactical overview of Empire At War, the space combat of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and then the ground combat of Jedi Knight.  This was a few years ago, mind.

As a total SW Fanboy, I would love an Elite Dangerous style game in the SW universe (just to see if even I get boarded sometimes!)

11 hours ago, VN1X said:

Berserkborne/Berserk Souls with a bigger emphasis on story (ie: cutscenes, voice-acting, etc) but not too much though (think MGSV) and crazy amounts of gore & dismemberment. 

I'd die for a game like that. Many times over. 

An apostle Boss Rush across Midland where you get the Berserker armour after two hundred hours and then you also have to manage not losing yourself to the beast whenever you get into a fight. Kind of like Frenzy but if you do get frenzied, you basically turn into Bayonetta, only wielding an iron door, and you start to burn and get lacerated to death. Every time you level up there's a rape and your companions die. 

• Upvote 1

On 23/08/2017 at 12:18, Jolly said:

Some kind of platformer with a a rhythm action based scoring system.

I'm basically of the opinion that nothing in gaming quite matches nailing a fast section of button prompts perfectly, but that the dressing and presentation of the actual doing could do with sprucing up a bit.  Imagine something like a 2D Mario where the music plays as you move left to right and extra bits of the track/sound effects get added organically as you collect power ups and stomp on enemies. 

Now get rid of the cartoon atheistic, turn everything Geometry Wars style neon, add a thumping soundtrack and ensure the whole thing is as intense as all fuck.

I'll have that please.

The Bit-trip runner series is a bit like this, especially Runner 2 with the music getting more intense as you collect more pick ups. Not quite what you've described but possibly worth a look if you haven't already.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, keptbybees said:

The Bit-trip runner series is a bit like this, especially Runner 2 with the music getting more intense as you collect more pick ups. Not quite what you've described but possibly worth a look if you haven't already.

Second this. The first is perhaps a purer experience but both are fabulous fun.

I think we've already hit my dream game scenario. One of the first non arcade games I played was Tir Na Nog which had the promise of exploring an entire World and interacting with people. Mass Effect, Horizon and The Witcher have all realised that dream, so just smoother, prettier and less uncanny valley is all I ask for.

Maybe something like Mass Effect/Horizon but with an in-depth RPG fighting system that doesn't detract from the accessibility? Witcher and FFXII come close.

On 24/08/2017 at 12:03, Cool Ben said:

Not sure if its my dream game but I have an idea for an RPG/survival game set across Europe during WW2.  

You are a downed paratrooper who has lost everything and you need to cross Europe to get to safety.   There would be uncross-able Nazi checkpoints to stop you just running to the exit type thing and you would have to meet up with resistance groups etc and do missions for them before you can clear each checkpoint.  You would have to collect and find weapons, upgrades and outfits etc, each opening up more missions.  Survival wise it would have certain weather types that you would need to deal with as well as eating and sleeping but no

base building. It would play as well as an FPS but not actually be a shooter, weapons and ammo would be scarce and being shot will most likely kill you.  Vehicles would need repairing and fuel and be rare so a lot would be on foot, you would have to cross rivers so would have to dump them too.

I have basically designed the whole game in my head, just need to find a developer.

On 24/08/2017 at 01:50, barkbat said:

A GTA style game set in Berlin during the Cold War. It would basically be John Le Carre, the game. You'd be running spies in the East, smuggling them in, setting up safe houses, going on occasional reconnaissance missions to get microfilm of Russian Generals in brothels, plant bugs etc. There'd be all out action missions, but also adventure game surveillance elements - forensic stuff, documentation, listening to phone calls, newspaper cuttings - which could help to ascertain the truth of a situation and which of your spies might be lying to you. The story would start as you being part of a mission to unmask a Soviet spy deeply embedded in the West, but ultimately lead to you being approached to become a double agent etc. The City would morph according to your allegiances, your actions helping to sway the war in a certain direction.

Heh, these are two of mine as well. I think given the popularity and survival games and battle royale modes I think we might see COD or Battlefield, or some other pretender, attempt that first one. It'd need really good AI though. I PUBG shows that there's a lot of mileage in just doing the same scenario over and over again if you hit on something that really works and can shuffle the deck enough between attempts to keep it fresh, even as a single player game. The Division's Survival DLC is kind of along those lines and would be fun even in a single player session.

• Upvote 1

A Settlers style village / town builder where the end of the build tree isn't soldiers. I love the Settlers series - well the first four, at least - but it annoys me that the ultimate aim is to build enough soldiers to conquer the enemy, then that's the end of the town you've built. 

Instead of soldiers, the aim would be to build bigger and better settlements. Resources would be expended on research to be able to build different buildings, craft new resources and produce new goods to keep your villages happy and to be able to do more research. It could be open ended or have mission goals. 

• Upvote 2

On 31/01/2018 at 07:26, Mr Do 71 said:

Nah.

Rockstar could build the engine and most of the game, but with Naughty Dog coming in towards the end to fix the aiming, add the story, and make it look more like this (even though the way it looks is the best thing about RDR):

Yuma.jpg

It's all the silly effin' and jeffin' that undoes so much of their top work elsewhere, shooting for Deadwood and ending up with Danny Dyer's Deadliest Cowboys. It just needs a lighter touch for me; a game you could imagine Van Cleef's Colonel belonging to.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2018 at 12:00, ScouserInExile said:

A Settlers style village / town builder where the end of the build tree isn't soldiers. I love the Settlers series - well the first four, at least - but it annoys me that the ultimate aim is to build enough soldiers to conquer the enemy, then that's the end of the town you've built. 

Instead of soldiers, the aim would be to build bigger and better settlements. Resources would be expended on research to be able to build different buildings, craft new resources and produce new goods to keep your villages happy and to be able to do more research. It could be open ended or have mission goals. 

Yeah, I often stop playing when it gets all war based. I can't remember which one it was exactly but I ended up putting lots of guard towers on my borders and just keeping my little settlers pottering around.

Sim City style gameplay/ expansion with the details of settlers would be great, I love just watching the progression. It's similar to watching factorio doing it's thing but so much more charming.

On 31/01/2018 at 07:58, deKay said:

GTA IV, only with an option to turn the guns and swearing off.

Perfect game for kids.

Oh man I've thought exactly the same thing, you have this incredible playground and my son would love driving and flying around, I mean you have Lego city but that's pretty limited in comparison.

The first The Settlers game was an amazingly charming rural idyll economy simulator ruined by the warfare aspect, the little animations and sounds were great. Would love to see somebody attempt the suggested improved version.