rllmuk
JohnC

Cobra Kai - Karate Kid sequel series on YouTube

Finished watching it last night. Really enjoyed it a lot except for a few minor gripes (the 'funny' nerd kid, the OTT karate moves and no real ending to the series). Regarding the last of those; I know they want to open it up for series two, but it felt as though the series was cut short somewhat. Overall, loved it though.

Season 2 is now online. Frustratingly enough, it doesn't look as though there's an option to buy the series and instead you're forced to subscribe to YouTube Premium to watch them.

3 hours ago, tbb said:

I'm sure there are other ways to get hold of the episodes... 

Yeah someone has probably stuck them on YouTube. 

I really like this show. But 3 episodes in and I can't;t help feeling... Daniel is pretty dull. Mr Miyagi was so cool because he was an enigma, and a total bad ass. But whilst Daniel is a good guy, and has some funny lines, I feel like we're missing something important from Miyagi-Do Karate.

Cobra Kai on the other hand... well Johnny as a character is pretty awesome.

It’s corny as fook but what I’ve been doing is fast forwarding past the ‘saved by the bell’ bits and skipping to Kreese Johnny and Daniel scenes...and even that’s pretty comical seeing Ralph Macchio do his best Roger Moore eyebrow to express emotion, he was an awful, awful actor when he was a kid and nothing’s changed really.

Don’t think I’ll be back to Golf n Stuff/10.

I've now watched all of season 2.

It has some really good moments (episode 6 was a highlight) but 'reminds me of Saved By The Bell' has some truth to it. My kids are watching the more recent series of Power Rangers right now and the school scenes in Cobra Kai Season 2 reminded me of that :(

Johnny scenes were all brilliant though. Kreese was good too.

On 06/05/2019 at 12:45, Minion said:

Series 2 really was dreadful, what a shame.

Dreadful is overstating it. There’s a definite drop off in quality without the tournament to give the season more structure, and the last episode was pretty dire but I’ve still enjoyed the season as a whole. 

Yeah it's certainly not dreadful, still better than most of the crap being put out at the moment. Not a patch on season 1 though. Don't think there is really any need for this to be an ongoing story, S1 told it's tale well enough. 

I don't know what you people are on about but it was great, really enjoyed that last episode. It isn't as good as the first season but it had some great moments.  

It's a TV show made for YouTube.  The quality is still there and what makes it good, are the characters.  Very much looking forward to season 3.

• Upvote 1