Qazimod

New Persona games announced: P3 Dancing In Moonlight and P5 Dancing In Starlight OUT NOW (PS4/Vita) PQ2 also announced (3DS)

More importantly that means there'll be a Joker amiibo!! :omg:

I wonder if this is getting people ready for a Persona 5 switch port, or Golden/FES version. 

Well I'm enjoying this so far, only really played 3 and 4 so far, and am finding it pretty challenging, but having played the demo I know I'll be fine. Am liking the social bit and how quickly things seem to be unlocking in 3. I've not played 4 before, but is really like a visual novel, I didn't realise the story was going to be that long. Only played up to the first song but that seemed to take ages.

Think the move to the more slimmed structure is a good one. 

Still waiting for news of the Q2 release in the west. I can't wait to play that. I can't see how it could be ported to the Switch with the touchscreen mapping being so crucial but they have said the series would continue post 3DS, so maybe they have a plan on how to do it

48 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I've not played 4 before, but is really like a visual novel, I didn't realise the story was going to be that long. Only played up to the first song but that seemed to take ages.

Think the move to the more slimmed structure is a good one.

For what it's worth, if you're not interested in trophies/the story, assuming I remember correctly from the Vita version you can unlock every song in the game without ever touching the story. Of course, at the same time that means you get no story at all, as it completely lacks the 'social' part of 3 (and presumably 5).

8 hours ago, Wiper said:

For what it's worth, if you're not interested in trophies/the story, assuming I remember correctly from the Vita version you can unlock every song in the game without ever touching the story. Of course, at the same time that means you get no story at all, as it completely lacks the 'social' part of 3 (and presumably 5).

I actually enjoy visual novels and obviously the characters, so I don't mind playing the story, it just seems to be more than I was expecting

6 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Mitsuru dancing Burn My Dread (Novoiski REMIX) is worth every penny of the £90 this set cost me.

Burn My Dread with Mitsuru and Light up the Fire with Akihiko (not the weedy version with Ken I've come across so far) were the two songs in the demo and both were bangers to pick, and 2 of my favourite pices of Persona music. I was already sold before I played that but that ratchetted my excitement level up. Why the hell they didn't release the demos in the EU I have no idea. Might have lost a bunch of potential sales with that move.

Just had a funny small issue on this. I'm trying to get as many Brilliants as possible and completely nailed one song, massive high score for me, and only got a Stage Cleared. Thought that was a bit weird so tried it again, got literally 2/3 of my original score and got a Brilliant. But it won't say brilliant next the song which annoys me. So I have to beat my high score and get brilliant for it to register.

Ended up downloading a save from an hour ago as it's going to bug me. But are there some requirements to get a Brilliant that are a bit obscure? Or am I just being too picky with how the game works?

2 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Just had a funny small issue on this. I'm trying to get as many Brilliants as possible and completely nailed one song, massive high score for me, and only got a Stage Cleared. Thought that was a bit weird so tried it again, got literally 2/3 of my original score and got a Brilliant. But it won't say brilliant next the song which annoys me. So I have to beat my high score and get brilliant for it to register.

Ended up downloading a save from an hour ago as it's going to bug me. But are there some requirements to get a Brilliant that are a bit obscure? Or am I just being too picky with how the game works?

I had the same. Got a great score with a combo for most of the song but made one too many misses. It was hard to beat but I did it eventually.

3 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

I had the same. Got a great score with a combo for most of the song but made one too many misses. It was hard to beat but I did it eventually.

Think thats what must have happened to me, but only had 5 misses I think? Ah well, such is life. I'll just have to see it as a challenge to beat it next time!

Well I am loving this, though only really playing 3 so far. And then listening to the soundtrack for 3 while at work....

The DLC is a mess though isn't it? Glad it's bundled the way it is as I'm not getting the accessories or costumes, and had enough Amazon vouchers to get the song pack. Have had to divvy up the 18 songs between the 2 games as I don't want them all on one (or both), and while the split was obvious for some, I just split them otherwise. And I didn't realise the pack of 12 in the cinematic bundle doesn't come till Jan, thats more to look forward to. 20 quid for what will be 30 songs (although lots of remixes etc) isn't too bad compared to the Miku games dlc, which I have spent a lot on in the past. 

Lot of money spent on this so far, but sure my lads and I will get plenty from it. And there's the other character dlc yet too, never mind any P4D stuff that is made available. But I'm a sucker for this stuff, love it.

• Upvote 1

Well there is my first ever Platinum on my various playstations, for P3D. Nice that they made it actually achievable and made me play with some of the silly modifiers.

I get that it's a pretty slight package in a lot of ways, but I'm getting a huge amount of pleasure from it and it's a joy to play a game with these characters again. Plus there is a perfectly frivolous story built in as an excuse for the game, but it works for me. I thought Elizabeth was great in 3, in Q and Dancing she has been a superstar. Can see myself coming back to this a lot to master some of the songs on Hard, but All Night difficulty can sit there forever mocking me as far as I am concerned. On to 5 then! And with some dipping in to 4. 

Demos are finally out in the UK for anyone thinking of trying them

• Upvote 3

OK, platinum on P5D but have moved all the DLC onto P3D as I'll be coming back to that a lot more.

Playing through P4D and my complete Persona nerd credentials were revealed when I let out a little cheer when I got to dance as Nanako to the Junes theme. I'm 46 for goodness sake but the Persona series has the ability to strip back any preconceptions and stereotypes as you really like these characters. 

My boys will get a huge laugh out of that when they get back here saturday. The older I get I find that games that offer an emotional connection to the characters appeal to me way more than the action/dark story vibe of most 'big' titles these days. Persona really scratches that itch. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

How does the game play? Is it similar to the Hatsune Miku games? I see that the Persona 4 Dancing on the Vita is currently on sale, so I’m tempted.

other than being a rhythm action game it doesn't play much like miku. it plays a bit like superbeat xotic, or samba de amigo without the maracas, comparisons which may not be that useful, a video maybe a better explanation, although this is just the first tutorial which doesn't explain everything and a gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMhQ9yvepE

personally i think the persona 4 one is the best one so would say the vita version on the cheap would be a good plan. the story mode goes on a bit mind so possibly might want to skip dialogue by holding triangle.

• Upvote 1

It's nowhere near as good as the Hatsune Miku games as a rhythm action game. Full stop.

But if you like the Persona characters and music, it's great. But if they are new to you I recommend the Future Sound Miku game and expansions for a great rhythm action game. The Persona games are great if you have bought into those games.

I really couldn't stand the music in the one Hatsune game I played and found the leap from normal to hard too big a step so much prefer these.

Been playing the P3 game tonight. Are there really only 20 slots on the online leaderboard? :/

My only other gripe is the game ignores the PS4's overscan settings. Other than that I'm enjoying it immensely. Weirdly, lag calibration is set to 0 by default but seems perfect on my definitely laggy TV. Not sure how they've managed that.

^ yeah it looks like there are only 20 leaderboard slots, unless i'm missing something. shame. sure the vita P4 one had proper leaderboards.

i never really got on with miku either, well i thought it was alright, but yeah also much prefer these, both for gameplay and music.

15 hours ago, Camel said:

I really couldn't stand the music in the one Hatsune game I played and found the leap from normal to hard too big a step so much prefer these.

Been playing the P3 game tonight. Are there really only 20 slots on the online leaderboard? :/

My only other gripe is the game ignores the PS4's overscan settings. Other than that I'm enjoying it immensely. Weirdly, lag calibration is set to 0 by default but seems perfect on my definitely laggy TV. Not sure how they've managed that.

I agree that the move from normal to hard is mad in Future Tone. In the maintream Miku games its a lot more sensible

Cinematic part of the DLC song bundle is out now in the UK, as is the DLC for P4D. Will pick that up next payday. While this was an expensive package, I really have played it to death so well worth it for me

• Upvote 1

edit - not free apparently, sorry.

^ that new dlc pack looks like it might be free? although i did buy the other song pack so possibly that's why it's showing as free.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12813_00-P3DP5DCINEMATICS

also one of the songs and the featherman outfits are free for ps4 P4D.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12811_00-ADDCONTDLCF0000D

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12811_00-ADDCONTDLCD0000E

5 hours ago, spatular said:

^ that new dlc pack looks like it might be free? although i did buy the other song pack so possibly that's why it's showing as free.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12813_00-P3DP5DCINEMATICS

also one of the songs and the featherman outfits are free for ps4 P4D.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12811_00-ADDCONTDLCF0000D

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2475-CUSA12811_00-ADDCONTDLCD0000E

^ all thos

Yep, that pack is free if you bought the first song bundle. The charts are pretty tricky for some of them as well. I wish there were more character based songs, bit it's good to have more music to play through

• Upvote 1

And for anyone thinking that Maze of Life and the Chibi characters are great and have not played Persona Q.......get a 3DS and buy it now. It’s an astonishing game. I know I bang on about it but as a spin-off of an obscure enough game it deserves more love.

22% off the Endless Night collection at ShopTo - this brings the price down from £90 to around £70:

Endless Night Collection bundle includes:
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
- Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night - digital download
- Hardcover artbook packaging

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4PE19-persona-3-5-endless-night-collection-inc-shinjiro-and-akechi

Noticed that Persina Q2 had received a classification in Australia, so I’m taking that as confirmation of a western release! Can not wait for this