deKay

SNES Mini

Been playing mine and still got them F-Zero skills. I've had to order extenders as I want to put my feet on the foot stool.

It's a little beauty though.

IMG_7012.JPG

• Upvote 1

Super Mario World definitely has slightly different music.  On the first world (Yoshi's Island) there's supposed to be a little whistle of 3 extra notes as the theme repeats, & the sound that plays when you put a secret key in a keyhole now sounds rather downbeat, like you've failed rather than succeded.

Not that it matters mind.  I still love it to bits, especially where if you leave it alone for a few minutes on the main menu Mario will access your save states  & you'll see a replay of what you did leading up to that save.

SNES TV.  Genius.

Oh man. Plugged my Wii Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick in and it worked perfectly for Street Fighter II Turbo: default buttons were correct and everything!

I've mostly just sat with it on in the background, watching its game demos. It's been worth it for that alone already. SNES music! <3

Gonna play Mario World with my wife tonight and get all 96 exits before bed, hopefully!

• Upvote 6

Anyone noticed frame drops in Yoshi's Island?

The first main level, go to the underground bit with the stone you can roll, and coins in the air... start firing shells about. Holy crap it's bad! Was the original like that?!

edit: seems that because I haven't used this hdmi socket before the tv defaulted to a horrible preset. Enabling game mode fixed the frame rate issues. Stupid technology!

Game order delivered to neighbour who refused to answer the door when I went over (despite the fact I could see him in his front room watching Emmerdale). He dropped it around after:

6RksuKv.jpg

Willing to trade one for a new TV ;)

• Downvote 3

Yoshi's Island is fantastic! :wub:. Hugely under-rated game!

The music in the "Throwing Ballons" sub game, just sublime. In fact, the music composition throughout the game is some of Nintendo's finest.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Game order delivered to neighbour who refused to answer the door when I went over (despite the fact I could see him in his front room watching Emmerdale). He dropped it around after:

6RksuKv.jpg

Willing to trade one for a new TV ;)

You don't mess with a mans Emmerdale.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not to this level, it didn't. I played the SNES version and a version on Virtual Console in recent years and it was never this dramatic.

The Wii U version will have been just as bad, as it was the US version. Definitely prefer the PAL version.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Apparently Mario Kart is the 'spiritual successor' to F Zero :blink:

It started out as two-player F-Zero apparently.

11 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Original Mario Kart is wank when you have MK8.

Nah. I don't find Mario Kart 7 or 8 too thrilling at all and have long held Super Mario Kart as one of the the most perfect games Nintendo have ever made. I find it near flawless.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Super Craig said:

The Wii U version will have been just as bad, as it was the US version. Definitely prefer the PAL version.

It started out as two-player F-Zero apparently.

Oh, is that what it is? There's a second fire monster just after the first, where there wasn't one before. I thought it was perhaps both of them unfurling at once that did it, but either way it got me killed. 

Exposed my 4yo to a few of the games tonight. Zelda was great but he kept passing the controller to me every time a baddie appeared on the screen. "The Monkey Game" held his attention for longer. Kirby is a lot harder than I remember it.

Having thirty years on him does not make me any better at Ghouls and Ghosts. :/

29 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

Yoshi's Island is fantastic! :wub:. Hugely under-rated game!

The music in the "Throwing Ballons" sub game, just sublime. In fact, the music composition throughout the game is some of Nintendo's finest.

Plus it has a secret 2-player balloon game if you hold select and press X, X, Y, B, A!

• Upvote 1