Plissken

Football Thread 2017/18

Really?

A quick check of their website says they will stream it for free via their website.  But if so, that would be great.

For the good of European football it really should be Liverpool tonight.

Three wins for Real, and the fifth Spanish team to win in a row, makes a bit of a mockery of the rest of Europe.

I am sure we are all pushing for a Liverpool win to break up that stranglehold La Liga has on Europe.

try as hard as I can there is no way I can root for Liverpool to win tonight, maybe if they were playing Stoke in the final I could but other than that can't think of a team I'd want them to beat in the final.

Yes. If it was any other English team in the final, I'm sure I'd be rooting for the opposition too. Maybe Arsenal, I would grudgingly support but only if they were playing a Real or someone similar.

I've got no expectations of non-Liverpool fans supporting us tonight and that's perfectly OK.

Imagine if Liverpool win. We'll all have to put up with hearing about "that day in Kiev" for the next decade. Fucking awesome! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 2

5 minutes ago, spork said:

Imagine if Liverpool win. We'll all have to put up with hearing about "that day in Kiev" for the next decade. Fucking awesome! 

United fans never talk about ‘99 and all that...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glb said:

United fans never talk about ‘99 and all that...

No where near how Liverpool fans go on about Istanbul, no. We won it again in 2008 but you've obviously forgotten that because we don't go on and on and on about it. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, spork said:

No where near how Liverpool fans go on about Istanbul, no. We won it again in 2008 but you've obviously forgotten that because we don't go on and on and on about it. ;)

We’ve obviously met different fans. Don’t blame them, it was a ludicrous finale to a treble-winning season.

But how dare supporters celebrate monumental victories, eh?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, spork said:

Yeah, but that was only your third though. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, spork said:

No you just go on and on about having more league title than us now. Jealously looks ugly on you spork 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spork said:

2008 was cancelled, everyone knows that

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I'll be cheering them on. They've been the most exciting team for me this season. I think they deserve something.

As for the 1999 and 2005 finals, they were both bloody incredible. If Gillingham ever did anything like that I'd be banging on about it for years.

• Upvote 3

Urgh, Glen "what I think they should do is score more goals than the other team" Hoddle..

Does my head right in.

Just now, Silent Runner said:

A Ramos special there, taking Liverpools best player out of the game. 

that fucking armlock...

Salah off, hurt, in years - Ramos went for that pull.

The Manyoo fans must be happily creaming themselves over Ronaldo now, enjoy.

1 minute ago, Dinobot said:

The Manyoo fans must be happily creaming themselves over Ronaldo now, enjoy.

You're team is playing in a champions league final and all you can do is think about us :wub:

• Upvote 3