gospvg

Metro Exodus

As Artyom, players will lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an “continent-spanning journey” across the post-apocalyptic Russia landscape.

Your goal? To search for a new life in the East.

Players will have to content with the vast, non-linear Russian landscape spanning and entire year of seasons, all the way through to a nuclear winter.

Here’s a list of features provided by publisher Deep Silver

Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.

Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels

A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather

Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.

Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.

The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – the game will immerse and terrify you like no other.

Metro:Exodus is slated for release in 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

• Upvote 2

It looks great but the appeal of the first two games for me was their tight, focussed, story-driven nature.  I'm going to reserve judgement until they show a little more of just how survival sandboxy this is going to be.  Either way, I'm glad the franchise is continuing.

I finished the first one and have the second sat on my 360. Is that one worth a play, does it run ok on 360. I remember hearing it was a bit of a dog to run on PC or something.

I've heard the second one was a lot better, but had some obviously cut content (you get to a big hub location and your entire time there is an on rails cutscene)

It's one of few games to give me motion sickness though, so I never got very far.

I'm really hoping this is basically a Stalker game ripoff which it looks like its becoming. Hopefully open environments that you can move between rather than completely linear. I live in hope.

On 2017-6-12 at 17:46, amc said:

I finished the first one and have the second sat on my 360. Is that one worth a play, does it run ok on 360. I remember hearing it was a bit of a dog to run on PC or something.

They re-released both games as Redux versions, making them look better and run smoother on PC.

2 hours ago, Karzee said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-20-metro-exodus-looks-like-the-stalker-2-well-probably-never-get

A big fan of the Metro games I'm very interested in this new direction to include elements of STALKER.

That sounds amazing! Stalker is fucking Incredible and unlike anything else. This is great news and the way the dev describes it they've found a perfect way to combine the best of both series 

This has gone to the top three of my most wanted list after reading that!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, futureshock said:

They re-released both games as Redux versions, making them look better and run smoother on PC.

The redux versions on console also have redesigned gameplay and other things retrofitted from the sequel into the first game. They did a lot. It's cheap now so well worth it

• Upvote 1

Aye, I've been replaying Last Light recently as part of my backlog and it's worth playing. I actually enjoyed it a bit more than the first one which I found a bit slow at times. The different difficulties are nice too. Spartan = Lots of Ammo/Shoot everyone. Survival = Less ammo/more stealth ^^

On 16/05/2018 at 09:52, Mr Do 71 said:

Delayed until Q1 2019.

Looking forward to this, but not enough to be upset about this delay. Rather play a finished product than a rush job.

• Upvote 1