Thor

The Orville - hang on, its actually good!

Lovely sweet episode, could have tipped the wrong way but managed to wield it's sentimentality well. The subplot was hilarious, my wife doesn't care much for the show but was crying with laughter at the hidden cigarettes scene.

• Upvote 1

Been catching up with season 2 of this, up to episode 6, and it's a show in which I like spending time with these people and getting to know them. There was even an episode where I'm sure they were trolling Discovery as well. They had it all wrapped up in 45 minutes and with no grim dark edge lord bullshit, just straight up story telling.

Tony Todd still manages to be recognisable under a ton of prosthetics.

Also, good episode. And amazing fight music.

• Upvote 2

Great episode this week. Really tight classic TNG morality play. Absolutely running rings around Discovery.

• Upvote 2

Loving the 2nd series of this - seems every episode just gets the classic Trek formula correct. In contrast I’ve yet to actually feel any need to watch discovery s2 as I don’t actually care about the characters. 

That’s how she’s always sounded, she only put on an accent to try and sound more alien but Deanna would have been 100 times better if she’d just gone with her natural Albert Square.

”What the fack am I doin’ on a fackin’ warbird and what have you bastards dun to my face? You slaaaaaaaaaaaaags.”

New ep was good, the cross cutting of space and planetside action all the while that anthem of liberation played was perfect.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

That’s how she’s always sounded, she only put on an accent to try and sound more alien but Deanna would have been 100 times better if she’d just gone with her natural Albert Square.

I had a similar problem with Idris Elba. My introduction to him was, obviously, The Wire. I was convinced he was from Baltimore. Then I watched Rock'n'Rolla, and thought he was putting on the absolute worst "cor blimey guv'nor!" accent ... nope, that just his accent. :lol:

No-one else instantly recognise the other major TNG cameo?  The dude's voice is quite distinct. 

Spoiler

image.png.39e9916d7031296c56e66d8f73f0b14d.png

The whole business with

Spoiler

well, what if the people you went rogue to help were lying to you?

is something I’ve longed to see a genre show like this do and it added so much genuine tension to that scene. And the way that the main family conflict kept simmering away in all the episodes between the set-up and this one was so realistic. Real problems like that don’t get wrapped up when the episode ends!

Dang this is a smartly written show.