5 minutes ago, KriessG said:

There was a teaser image from Ubi a few weeks back which featured the Far Cry 3 island wasn't there? 

Yeah, it was just a "throwback" image and nothing to do with a new Far Cry.

Loved 3. It was about you and your friends and your decisions.

Hated 4. It was about my mum whom had no relationship with and my dad whom I had no relationship with, some bad guy I did not care about, and incompetent and lazy islanders. Also, annoying and irritating quest givers. In the end I killed both quest givers and spared the bad guy. Fuck you islanders and your shitty island. Enjoy the EEEAAAGLEEESS.

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Yeah, it was just a "throwback" image and nothing to do with a new Far Cry.

Ah, shame. Not that I can't imagine the cry's far and wide on the web if they used the same island again.

Can't wait for this always enjoy a new Far Cry I think Blood Dragon is the only one I haven't 1000G'd so far (yes I know it only has 200 point stands). All in for Scorpio version.

3 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Can't wait for this always enjoy a new Far Cry I think Blood Dragon is the only one I haven't 1000G'd so far (yes I know it only has 200 point stands). All in for Scorpio version.

I hope the boss fights are better though, that Payback boss fight was awful and extremely annoying.

I have to remain silent about 2. I played it for about 3 hours before I gave up and all I can remember is brown, malaria and weapons that broke just by looking at it. I must have been in the wrong mood when I played it, maybe I was expecting a different type of game.

• Upvote 3

I didn't really get on with Far Cry 2, but I appreciated what it was doing.

As a result, I was very late to the party on FC3. Played it about 18 months ago, loved it, and played FC4 about 6 weeks after.

Very much up for this. I know the issues people have with the formula, but it's one that I really enjoy. Although I tend to leg it through the trippy sidequests as I don't enjoy those as much.

Hopefully they'll change it up again. Far Cry, 2 and 3 were all really different games based around an island settings, so if they can move things along in a similar vein I'm in day 1. 

Failing that i'm looking forward to climbing towers and attacking encampments when it's cheap. 

20 minutes ago, df0 said:

I have to remain silent about 2. I played it for about 3 hours before I gave up and all I can remember is brown, malaria and weapons that broke just by looking at it. I must have been in the wrong mood when I played it, maybe I was expecting a different type of game.

If you played it a bit further, you might've found the gold weapons which don't break at all. ;)

On Easy Allies they were talking about how the rumour is that this is set in Wyoming with the player going up against those weirdo "patriot" movement types.

3 minutes ago, Comrade said:

On Easy Allies they were talking about how the rumour is that this is set in Wyoming with the player going up against those weirdo "patriot" movement types.

Wouldn't be a bad place for it in all honesty.  Maybe the main character is an average park ranger at Yellowstone (or whatever they end up calling the park), and some crazy shit goes down, and suddenly he knows how to use an arsenal of weapons within seconds...  like the other games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cohen205 said:

Post Zelda BOTW everything needed to up its game.

Post Puyo Puyo Tetris everyting needed to up its game. 

• Upvote 1

I can't believe anyone is interested.  Unless it's a huge departure from the last two (which it won't be), I don't understand how anyone can enthuse about unlocking all the same old shit again , climbing all those towers, yawwwwwwwwwwwn. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It makes me feel stupid for saying so, but I will be totally if it's literally the same old shit again.

The shooting feels good, the sense of humour is right, and taking out outposts is (almost) always a fun puzzle.

That being said, I don't really play any other yearly AAA franchises, so this is my guilty pleasure. Also, I love 'expedition gone wrong' stories, no matter how implausible.

Which settings would people like them to try? Maybe something Middle Eastern or Russian? Giant Bomb mentioned rumours of a cowboy-themed game (which were debunked), but I think I enjoy my high-powered rifles too much.

• Upvote 3

Some games thrive on a tropical island. Far Cry and Just Cause are just two examples. 

Also, what is this nonsense about guns in Far Cry? Bow and arrow is where it is at.

• Upvote 1

Just now, df0 said:

Some games thrive on a tropical island. Far Cry and Just Cause are just two examples. 

Also, what is this nonsense about guns in Far Cry? Bow and arrow is where it is at.

It's nice to have the option :eyebrows:

Much as I enjoy the Far Cry series, 3 and 4 were just the same game but in different locations. At least 2 did something different and was much more atmospheric. No chance of them going back to that type of game anytime soon though.

@sofasurfer 3 is a great game though and was different to 2 so you can't knock it for that. 4 wasn't as good as 3 and was just trying to be a direct sequel in style and it didn't manage it.

I gave up on 4 and Primal didn't interest me either, but Blood Dragon is awesome. I'm not sure why but I'm slightly optimistic this might be a return to form.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, dood said:

I can't believe anyone is interested.  Unless it's a huge departure from the last two (which it won't be), I don't understand how anyone can enthuse about unlocking all the same old shit again , climbing all those towers, yawwwwwwwwwwwn. 

were there towers in the caveman one? I (and everyone else apparently) didn't play it.