rllmuk
cassidy

Dredd: Mega City One

Nothing about a network it would air on, so I assume they've yet to make such a deal.

mc1_poster.jpg

• Upvote 2

It's still bloody exciting news mind. I reckon Urban will do it for minimum wage. 

• Upvote 8

This could be brilliant if they take their cue from the late 70s-mid 80s golden age of Dredd. Less grim and gritty future dystopia, more tales of all those crazy people packed in together.

Otto Sump!

Uncle Ump!

The League of Fatties!

Boing®!

Mopads!

Kneepads!

Max Normal!

The Smokatorium!

The Palais de Boing®! (I really like Boing®)

Blobs!

All presided over by Judges Cal and Fish.

I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?

• Upvote 6

:omg:

I am cautiousy optimistic, only because the Kingsley's are very protective of 2000AD characters and they seem to be closely involved. Unleash the hype beast!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

:omg:

I am cautiousy optimistic, only because the Kingsley's are very protective of 2000AD characters and they seem to be closely involved. Unleash the hype beast!

This is no time for caution, I'm freaking out here. Set the hype-o-meter to max (thrill) power. 

• Upvote 7

Obviously depends hugely on the network as to whether it'll be worth a damn. They must have learned something from the (eventual) reception of the 2012 flick though.

This has literally just made my day. I can't believe how long it has taken. Judge Dredd isn't that well known but he's my all time favourite comic-book character without doubt. An episode of the Pug Uglies needs to be done; it'd fit in with the whole botox and plastic surgery themes. Dredd has some great villains - something Marvel stuff really suffers from. The Angel Gang (not the rllmuk angel that was disgraced), Father Earth, Troggies, Death and even Elvis :)

http://megacityone.co.uk/

I hope it's a Netflix original.

It's being filmed in the UK. Everyone on the 200ad forum wants Karl Urban to reprise the Dredd role. That would be amazing. Urban was Dredd for me. He was perfect in the role and made the film feel and look authentic to what I imagined Mega City to be when I was a little kid coming home from the corner shop with my 2000ad or Dredd special in my hand. I'm really thrilled for this. I hope it gets a big budget from one of the big streaming sites like Netflix. Fuck you Marvel and your Iron Fists, this'll truly kick ass.

• Upvote 2

So much potential. I said way back in the Dredd 3D thread that I'd love to see this done as a series. Considering the quality of some recent shows, this is going to make my year if they get it right

• Upvote 1

PJ Maybe, forgot to add him.

Is it too weird to be a TV show though? The film wasn't that strange at all and they referenced a lot of the non-Judge characters in subtle ways at the beginning. It might be a bit too risky to have some of the more bizarre characters.

Well that really made my day. Was just listening earlier to this week's thrillpower podcast. They were interviewing the chaps from Rebellion who were saying that they get lots of offers from TV and film companies but always say no as they're very protective over 2000ad and will only allow versions of a certain quality and reverence. They gave me great hope for this.

• Upvote 1

Fuck yes!

how great would it be if it got like game of thrones budgets? 

Please be good.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

PJ Maybe, forgot to add him.

Is it too weird to be a TV show though? The film wasn't that strange at all and they referenced a lot of the non-Judge characters in subtle ways at the beginning. It might be a bit too risky to have some of the more bizarre characters.

In a world where American Gods and Preacher are two of the biggest shows on TV I don't think there's anything too weird any more.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Also just saw that Karl Urban re-tweeted the announcement 

Capture.PNG.2983648c1b99c7fbadd981a84d9e8534.PNG

Dont bloody tease us Urban

• Upvote 4

YES.

Now don't be shit.

Give me Urban, violence and decent production values across 6 episodes and everyone will be happy. No need for a series long arc, villain of the week will do.

• Upvote 1

This won't be US network stuff, surely it's cable or direct streaming? It'll be woeful if network based.

Otherwise, literally the best news I've heard today. 

I'm mildly disappointed, unless Urban get's the job again. Thought the last Dredd film was a very decent effort.