Clipper

Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Storm King's Thunder

On 14/04/2018 at 20:44, Clipper said:

Session 41 - Half-Orc, a Gnome and 2 Half-Elfs minecart ride!

:P

too obvious :D

That was a very scattergun but I enjoyed it - kept me on my toes as so many options! There were many many ways for that to pan out - maybe after the campaign we could have a Q&A where I can divulge the other options and outcomes :D

The ship stuff at end - I know in past random stuff has failed alot - this time, well lets just say it happened to dovetail nicely with current events :D Sopmetimes the rolls just feed the story nicely.

It was a good session. Very varied and certainly didn’t go as I expected. 

Foehammer is very wary wary of assisting Zolto. Particularly as we seem to be assisting him to build some sort of super weapon. :ph34r:

But he equally isn’t sure how else we are going to get a conch and get to the Storm giants. 

Just a heads up - I shall be away the May bank holiday and so unavailable on the 5th. 

That's a point. I'll be abroad on the 29th April so I won't be around for that session. Sorry! :blush:

Farren's not too happy about helping Zolto either, but he definitely wants to avoid a fight if he can and sees it as the best chance of getting a working conch, and hopefully freeing the slaves.

It sounds like you all expected Billin to be pasted :P

But yeah that was an interesting mix of tension, explore and fighting (working out how to attack the giant on lift was fun).

Not sure about helping Zolto - but really don't see how we can take on that base (Zolto, Zaltember, 9 Fire Giants, ~10 Ogres, ~10 Orcs, 30(?) goblins....). While mentioned trying Cloud Giants - the fire giants have slaves we might free...

I do like the idea of getting a false flame for him though.

49 minutes ago, Hexx said:

It sounds like you all expected Billin to be pasted :P

I didn't. I thought he’d get away. 

49 minutes ago, Hexx said:

But yeah that was an interesting mix of tension, explore and fighting (working out how to attack the giant on lift was fun).

Not sure about helping Zolto - but really don't see how we can take on that base (Zolto, Zaltember, 9 Fire Giants, ~10 Ogres, ~10 Orcs, 30(?) goblins....). While mentioned trying Cloud Giants - the fire giants have slaves we might free...

I do like the idea of getting a false flame for him though.

Yeah, I didn’t want to take the fire giants head on. I was thinking of a proper guerilla action and keeping them guessing. 

I’m nervous about cloud giants though - they are more powerful than fire giants. 

Billin is fast so i didn't think he'd get caught - my only concern was how he'd get back when the route wasn't clear but you sorted that

Yeah at the start I was planning to head south (opposite the way I wanted to go) , then broom, head underneath out of sight and go back north. Trying to send them on a wild goose chase.

Then in turned out South was straight into Zolto :lol: Still handled it cool as a cucumber and didn't panic or anything.

Edit - Gone a level of Rogue now, so +13 for stealth. We should totally sneak back in

On that note: I like how I suddenly learn Theives Cant :) Also where do you buy theives tools :D

26 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Yeah at the start I was planning to head south (opposite the way I wanted to go) , then broom, head underneath out of sight and go back north. Trying to send them on a wild goose chase.

Then in turned out South was straight into Zolto :lol: Still handled it cool as a cucumber and didn't panic or anything.

Yeah - we effectively did that by getting in the carts when they thought we were heading to the mines. I really didn’t fancy getting trapped in the mines. 

26 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Edit - Gone a level of Rogue now, so +13 for stealth. We should totally sneak back in

On that note: I like how I suddenly learn Theives Cant :) Also where do you buy theives tools :D

I have a set I can lend you. 

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

You had +9 before and still got spotted twice ;)

I was quite torn about whether to try and steal that flask or not, but I felt that Farren would have been quite convinced about just how dangerous the primordial was. I did wonder briefly if it might be safer with us, but again it was too risky for Farren.

i was cheeky to give you the option as usually if you dont say then you arent trying

But I felt in circumstance it was fair to give you the moment to consider.

16 hours ago, Mogster said:

I was quite torn about whether to try and steal that flask or not, but I felt that Farren would have been quite convinced about just how dangerous the primordial was. I did wonder briefly if it might be safer with us, but again it was too risky for Farren.

I thought about swapping their flask for ours for a moment, but after speaking with the dwarf, Kel had been persuaded that doing anything but leaving the Titan trapped here seemed a Very. Bad. Idea.. and definitely doesn't want Zolto to get anywhere near possessing something that dangerous..

He felt sympathy for the Drow, but (from what he said) he couldn't go back having failed, the dwarves weren't going to keep him alive long (even if he healed)..

Letting them end his suffering seemed the kindest bad option..

• Empathy 1