VN1X

Friday the 13th - Te-te-te-ah-ah

Wn0eBqS.png

By IllFonic

Official Site | Steam | PS4 | XB1 | FAQ

Release date: 26 May, 2017

I just wanted to post this trailer really. It's pretty damn good (and very silly). :D

Did anyone here play Dead by Daylight? That was all the rage on twitch for a while and still has quite a few people playing. Maybe I'll jump on this myself (because Jason) if it still manages to retain a decent community after a few months. 

• Upvote 4

I was addicted to the BETA at xmas and loved it. It however, needed ALOT of work. Glitches and server issues where a bit of an issue.

If it has several more maps and objectives then this could be really good. I heard they delayed it for the single player mode but from what i have heard the single player part has been delayed till summer.

Well, it looks rough as hell (seemingly huge downgrade from the trailer - which wasn't the most beautiful thing) - but it does look like great fun!

51 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Yeah I have heard of a lot of balancing issues. I'm surprised that no reviews are out considering it's out tomorrow?

Wait... what?! :lol:

Based on that Gamespot footage I'd say it needs like another 6 months in the oven, at least. 

Just now, VN1X said:

Wait... what?! :lol:

Based on that Gamespot footage I'd say it like another 6 months in the oven, at least. 

Yeah 26th May. I already see it's being streamed on youtube.

£31 on psn and having issues on the Xbox store so not up yet.

Will be interesting to see if it can sustain a decent number of players. With the high price for such little content it's going to be a challenge. 

27 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

No single player (yet) and only 3 maps. 

Apparently also really buggy and lots of server issues. 

This was my main issue with the beta at xmas, the server issues did my head in. The game felt janky as hell but i still enjoyed it. 3 maps is slightly disappointing too.

Watching Twitch streams of this and it definitely it looks unpolished and glitchy, but the overall concept and mechanics look really interesting. I just saw a stream/review where they'd managed to fix up the car and were driving out of the camp, but Jason stopped the car by force just before they escaped, pulled everyone out of the car and butchered them one by one. Looked really tense and exciting.

Dilemma - if you buy it now it will be buggy and frustrating, but at least the day one player base will mean you should get games consistently. Wait a few weeks for it to be patched though and no doubt it will be barren online and everyone will have moved onto something else. Hmmm. It does look pretty interesting and different though.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's about where I am with it, having watched some streams. A lot of online multiplier no longer appeals to me, and it's actually quite rare for a multiplayer game to catch my attention like this.

It also looks thin on content, incredibly janky, and like the type of game everyone will have ditched after three weeks. It screams the type of game you have to jump on now or miss the zeitgeist entirely. The question is whether that's worth £30.99. Half that and I'd be all over it. 

I am the worst day one noob ever. My first game ended with me trapping myself in the bear trap I laid for Jason. The worst thing is this is exactly how my attempted survival would play out in real life too.

Hey, a Trophy is a Trophy. I did that to my own leg.

DAxKDDUXcAAMLe0.jpg

• Upvote 4

I love the idea of this but yeah, it's a real shame they have had to drop the quality of the visuals which really added to the atmosphere. 

Searching for sessions

Checking session for room

Searching for sessions

Searching for sessions

Searching for sessions

Watching some of this on Kickstarter, well after I managed to find a stream without a ’personality' who made me want to jam knitting needles in my ears anyway. It looks fun, but buggy as fuck and hard to find a game. I feel they're charging about twice what people would go for, given the scarce amount of content. There's some merit to the Overwatch model of launch somewhat basic and add in free content over time. But Blizzard games have a level of polish that's absent here and a level of trust in the community that he promised support for the game will happen and I've seen so may games underdeliver of launch promises that I'm not really willing to splash cash on the benefit of the doubt. I feel this is the kind of game that will be a ghost town in a month or so. I appreciate that if others think like me it becomes kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This is rough, but they're on to something.

Playing as Jason is great, they have lots of well-thought out mechanics and levelling to unlock new variants and weapons is great.

Playing as the counselors needs work, better movement options: vaulting, prone, lock-on melee. More to do other than hide and open drawers.

The cabin interiors are like Postal 2 meets Resi 4. It's just janky. Opening drawers to find items is no fun, opening and closing windows is frustrating as more often than not you'll jump back out rather than close it. Some sort of object physics would go a long way.

And it needs more maps. 

But what there is can be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 2