Sign in to follow this  
VN1X

Bright - Will Smith Hunts Orcs & Elves

Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it. 

Bright is available only on Netflix this December. Bright is directed by David Ayer (Training Day, End of Watch, Suicide Squad) stars Will Smith (Men in Black), Joel Edgerton (The Great Gatsby), Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Lucy Fry (11.22.63), Edgar Ramirez (Hands of Stone, Zero Dark Thirty), Margaret Cho (Drop Dead Diva), and Ike Barinholtz (Suicide Squad). The movie is written by Max Landis (Chronicle) and produced by Ayer, Eric Newman (Narcos) and Bryan Unkeless (The Hunger Games). The Netflix Original Film will launch globally this December. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's a cop who loves facing danger.

He's a cop with a dangerous face.

Now they've got a case to solve together and things are about to get...ugly.

Netflix presents a comedy action thriller of orc-some proportions.

In video stores now.

• Upvote 4

Goodness that looks terrible. It also looks like it cost about $10M as opposed to the reported $100M. And it screams of 'swearing is cool and edgy'.

The thing about max landis scripts is, I feel like he could do something amazing, but they never are. I wondered why I always find his stuff mediocre despite his energy and passion. I think it’s cause he has ADHD and literally just pumps out like a script a day. Feel like he doesn’t nurture them or think about it long enough. So there’s always a thread of something exciting but never any proper depth 

• Upvote 2

On 21/12/2017 at 06:44, Pelekophoros said:

I didn't really get why Will Smith had made this, but I just looked at his filmography and I'd completely forgotten how far his star had fallen. He's had a lot of duds since I Am Legend. 

According to Wiki, he's next in the Guy Ritchie directed/co-written live action version of Disney's Aladdin. What could go wrong ?

On 12/21/2017 at 06:44, Pelekophoros said:

I didn't really get why Will Smith had made this, but I just looked at his filmography and I'd completely forgotten how far his star had fallen. He's had a lot of duds since I Am Legend. 

I don't even think I Am Legend is that great really. The only scene that stands out is the one with the Dog dying.

He last top performance and film was Pursuit of Happiness. 11 years ago.