Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Orion said:

My nephew recently got his first skateboard at age 7 and wanted a Skateboard game to play. His mother has no idea about games so refuses to let him play any games cert 12 and over. The Skate are all like 16 plus. Tony Hawk remaster is 12 plus. I thought this Skatebird thing might at least be suitable even if its kind of rubbish but no because somehow the makers have managed to get a 12 certificate for edgy language on a game with cute, little birds on skateboards 🤦‍♂️

 

Thankfully I've got him hooked on Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts but fucking hell.

Is Tony Hawks a 12+? How? Why? 

 

I let my five year old play it without a second thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, deerokus said:

I don't want to trigger another frame rate discussion but superliminal gives me a headache. So damn jerky (on series X too)

How strange, I’ve just completed this in two sittings on Series X and was amazed when I realised it was a unity game as I thought the performance was nigh on perfect. The only slight issue I had was feeling a little queasy after playing yesterday because of how fish eye the perspective is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hitcher said:

No VRR?

I just have a boring old 60hz TV.

 

Edit: apparently movement speed is 30hz, maybe that's the issue, not so much frame rate per se but a strange mismatch between frame rate and movement?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have thought the bail videos in the THPS remake were enough to get the game a 12 rating. They don't seem quite as savage as some of the stacks in the original game's videos - no shots of someone coming off a rail and landing nuts-first - but some of them are pretty brutal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/08/2021 at 13:56, Gaz said:

Gamepass is great, but Gamepass on the PC is a constantly dissapointing and frustrating mess.

For some reason since the last windows update, I can no longer play Football Manager 21, which I play pretty much daily. There are now 3 different xbox apps, as well as the microsoft store.

This happened to FM20 as well at some point, although the error was different and it wouldn't load at all whereas now the game loads but it can't recognise that I'm logged in so it crashes.

 

On 22/08/2021 at 12:45, Mogster said:

I had some kind of of account issue on PC XGP a few months ago. I tried a bunch of stuff and can't remember what worked, although it might have been resetting the Xbox app. If you find the app in Apps and Features, click on it and select Advanced Options, then scroll down to Reset. A repair will attempt to repair it without losing data, while a reset will wipe it's data and require you to log back in and stuff. It won't wipe your games. Since then I've had no issues at all.


A month later and I'm back to complain about the same issue.

I did all the rest things, I reinstalled the xbox app, re-installed the game etc and no dice. After about a week or two it just started working again by itself. I did another windows update yesterday and boom - it's gone again.

It seems to be a common problem with Windows update killing Football Manager specifically
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamepass-pc-error-code-0x80004005/70361030-0fe0-4038-9f17-030845a551fd?page=2
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

S

22 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I'm thinking about buying some batteries. Any tips? I got some from Amazon and they seem pretty good, but I'm not sure if there are better ones or not out there. 

 

Someone recommended Eneloops to me on here years ago. They are really great and worth the extra money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to say I’m really disappointed with Aragami 2. The original was a really good stealth game where each level was a puzzle, where getting spotted meant instant death, where you had a set of tools to move around silently and invisibly, where you had to take your time and think carefully about how to reach each objective.

 

But just from the tutorial alone it’s clear that the sequel is a very different game, with a focus on very clunky combat. The whole thing is more complicated and has lost focus on what made the original work.

 

And that’s without mentioning that it’s jettisoned the stylised, almost cel-shaded graphics of the original for much uglier generic 3D, or that it suffers from constant, awful screen tearing.

 

What a shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Am Fish was supposed to be my game for this weekend but after playing through a couple of levels I’m done with it (not completed it).

Controls are shit and isn’t helped in the slightest by the omission of inverted camera controls, rendering the game nearly unplayable for me, but even if it had inverted camera I’d still struggle with the really annoying feel of the controls.

Too many instadeath traps for my liking too.

Shame, as it did look rather charming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Sorry to say I’m really disappointed with Aragami 2. The original was a really good stealth game where each level was a puzzle, where getting spotted meant instant death, where you had a set of tools to move around silently and invisibly, where you had to take your time and think carefully about how to reach each objective.

 

But just from the tutorial alone it’s clear that the sequel is a very different game, with a focus on very clunky combat. The whole thing is more complicated and has lost focus on what made the original work.

 

And that’s without mentioning that it’s jettisoned the stylised, almost cel-shaded graphics of the original for much uglier generic 3D, or that it suffers from constant, awful screen tearing.

 

What a shame.

 

It's really bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloody hell, I think Aragami 2 must have had a budget you wouldn't get change from a Happy Meal.

 

It feels like someone found an old forgotten Saturn game in creepy abandoned Woolworts and decided to remaster it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I'm thinking about buying some batteries. Any tips? I got some from Amazon and they seem pretty good, but I'm not sure if there are better ones or not out there. 

Batteries? Pfft, so passé, I plug my controller straight into my solar powered fedora whilst playing on my rooftop terrace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Bloody hell, I think Aragami 2 must have had a budget you wouldn't get change from a Happy Meal.

 

It feels like someone found an old forgotten Saturn game in creepy abandoned Woolworts and decided to remaster it.

That’s so disappointing, the first one was alright. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Quest said:

Quality of some of the recent Game Pass indies has been a bit iffy of late. Hopefully Sable is at least interesting.

Isn’t that just the quality of games in general? Most are shit to average with just a few being really good. I don’t mind what they put on there as long as those rare gems keep appearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JPL said:

Isn’t that just the quality of games in general? Most are shit to average with just a few being really good. I don’t mind what they put on there as long as those rare gems keep appearing.

 

True enough. They could stop adding games for a year and I'd still have enough to keep me busy, it's just a bit disappointing is all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Not really as Superliminal and Flynn: Son of Crimson are both really good (and completely different).

Superliminal is unplayably uncomfortable for me unfortunately due to whatever it is that makes it so weird and jerky and headache inducing.

 

That's a lot of UNs.

 

Game seems good if you can tolerate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.