Revival

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Bloody loved this game so a sequel is a definite purchase.

Would be great if they could somehow expand the nemesis system which I thought was awesome.

I've got the DLC for this but I don't think I've played it. I must go back to it.

The original is excellent, it just lacked voice acting for the protagonist and a memorable last boss. The sequel is a definite purchase.

• Upvote 1

Finally a sequel to Shadow of Mordor !

I really enjoyed the first game, even if the boss fights were a bit too easy.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion 
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion 
Gold War Chest - Is this in-app purchases?
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Edited by gospvg
  • Upvote 2

Just now, VN1X said:

Couldn't just name it Shadow or Mordor 2 could they? 

They have kept that Middle Earth tag, the name is ok I'm just hoping it is not swamped with in-app purchases.

• Upvote 1

I've not seen anything on this O.o is it PS4 exclusive?

*edit* that moment you realise you ask a dumb question when being on the internet *edit*

Edited by Profgoten

Just now, Profgoten said:

I've not seen anything on this O.o is it PS4 exclusive?

Nope it is coming to XB1 & PC I assume.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I must be the only person who didn't like SoM but I truly thought it was one of the worst games I have played of recent.

It was another open world game but I loved the nemesis system & the stealth in the game was such good fun.

The boss battles were pretty easy (not sure if the game had a difficulty setting, if it did I probably played it on normal).

5 minutes ago, df0 said:

Name change request to Uncool Ben.

Nooooooo..

5 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

What did you dislike out of interest?

I can't quite remember what it was, but after the 5th time of being chased around the map by a horde I just gave up.  I think it was being spotted when I really should have been able too and some other bug that annoyed me.   I did really want to like it and put in 8 hours but it just wasn't for me.

I only played about 3 hours of Shadow of Mordor, but thought it was incredibly generic. I kept meaning to go back to it, but could never muster enough enthusiasm to give it a go. It sits on my shelf, mocking me. 

3 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

I can't quite remember what it was, but after the 5th time of being chased around the map by a horde I just gave up.  I think it was being spotted when I really should have been able too and some other bug that annoyed me.   I did really want to like it and put in 8 hours but it just wasn't for me.

It starts off tough because you need to unlock some skills to become tougher but half way through the games these hordes are running away from you!

Edited by gospvg

I don't think it was very well balanced in terms of difficulty. The opening half a dozen hours are very unforgiving, but you only have to look at an orc in the second half of the game and it runs away shitting its pants.

I think I spent the first 10 hours of the original just engaging large groups of orcs dribbling with excitement. Swords and sword fighting is just one of those things I've retained a child like glee for, so this was just perfect. "I'll buy it at a high price".

Kill the orcs, slay the orcs, DECAPITATION !

Loads of fun, basically Arkham with a massive sword, fighting enemies who have made it personal, so stabbing them in the face before doing a cool conan stayle backhand head chop to seal the deal never got boring.

Must be a very ambitious game as Monolith seem to have taken a long time to develop it. Expect great things from this one!

Edited by Down by Law