mdn2

Avengers: Infinity War - April 2018

On 05/09/2018 at 01:36, Chadruharazzeb said:

Why would he be? Job done, he's not a threat any more. 

He's a maniac with a fully operational Power Mitt.

Also, can you imagine the reaction...Ok, Thanos was successful half the heroes you love are dead, now here's Galactus with a plan to use the Earth as a cruton. Move on everybody!

Galactus, the Silver Surfer and Heralds done properly. Now that's something I'd like to see in Phase 5.

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Hopefully they'll leave that stuff to the credits scenes. The Tony Stark stuff in Spider-man: Homecoming was the worst thing about it.

Oh absolutely. Mid credits. Captain America says they need to talk

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Because time travel tidied up the x-men films, innit?

Time travel is a part of the MCU now though. That's not a theory

Watched it again for the first time in umpteen months and I’m still kind of amazed at how well it works. It’s not perfect but something this complicated shouldn’t stand up and jog around and do fancy tricks like it does on the first try.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, whizzo said:

No. I'm not talking "characters who lived through the 90s"

I'm talking the 2018 avengers. 

Time.travel.

I'm going with "none of them".

If there's time travel, it's Fury's pager message going back to the past. I mean, it's a pager in 2018.

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

If there's time travel, it's Fury's pager message going back to the past. I mean, it's a pager in 2018.

They're in New York, one of the most hipster-infested cities in the world. I bet everyone has a pager "ironically". 

It was clearly modded with some blinky shit, but I think it was space technology and she wasn't on the planet at all during any of the events of the previous movies.

If there’s any time travel or Avengers/current hero appearances I’d wager it would be Dr Strange coming back to warm Fury to only use the pager to call her after the snap.  End scene is Marvel going off somewhere in deep space to help protect something and gives Fury the pager saying if she’s needed to use it and she’ll be back.  Cut to credits.  Mid credit scene, Fury is sitting there when Strange pops up, warning not to use it until the right time. Doing the whole “not saying what happens in the future” thing, Fury will ask how he’ll know when to use it.  Zoom in on Strange’s face and he’ll say about “when the world is turning to ash”.  Or something.

Thatd be my guess of how they’ll explain where she’s been.  Wherever she is, she’s obviously not somewhere it’s easy to get news of what’s happening to, or just difficult to contact in general.  Strange knowing she’s needed for the final battle to defeat Thanos and being able to sneak back in time to say not to contact her seems too convenient not to use.

• Upvote 1

I'm rather hoping we're going to have a bit of a heist movie vibe running through a part of Avengers 4...

I can imagine Thanos taking a kip, having put the glove on his bedside table. Ant-man will shrink in, grab it and get out quickly. 

Presumably things will go a little wrong, but that general idea :p

• Upvote 1

Everyone decides that the people who dissolved were lame anyway and enjoys a blissful life on earth which is now a paradise due to the overabundance of resources.

Thanks Thanos.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JoeK said:

I'm rather hoping we're going to have a bit of a heist movie vibe running through a part of Avengers 4...

I can imagine Thanos taking a kip, having put the glove on his bedside table. Ant-man will shrink in, grab it and get out quickly. 

Presumably things will go a little wrong, but that general idea :p

Yeah I like that. It paves the way for Hawkeye to come back and completely boss it black-ops style too. He'll be like "I've been fighting people more powerful than me for years, why did you even try to take Thanos head-on?"

• Upvote 1

Mark “unsanctioned press release” Rufallo says the ending for the sequel is going to be done on reshoots. I think it would be reading too much to suppose it’s a consequence of the Gunn firing and the loss of their lead producer for the cosmic stuff they supposedly planned for phase 5; it sounds like it was always their plan to add an ending later.

This seems like an insane way to make a movie. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-ruffalo-suggests-avengers-4-is-still-flux-1140981

14 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Mark “unsanctioned press release” Rufallo says the ending for the sequel is going to be done on reshoots. I think it would be reading too much to suppose it’s a consequence of the Gunn firing and the loss of their lead producer for the cosmic stuff they supposedly planned for phase 5; it sounds like it was always their plan to add an ending later.

This seems like an insane way to make a movie. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-ruffalo-suggests-avengers-4-is-still-flux-1140981

It's partially to make sure things don't leak.

• Upvote 2