mdn2

Avengers: Infinity War - April 2018

He's great in the role and the whole collection of films have been building to Infinity War and its sequel, so I'm more than happy to see him finish what he started.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

They're not going to be called that now though, so you may as well change the name to something incredibly time sensitive like "first trailer out soon" and leave it like that forever.

I'm pretty sure Part 1 is called Infinity War, and Part 2's name is unannounced I believe.

This film gun b crazeeeee, I hope Universe splicing and stuff because of the scale the directors talk of this film being on

7 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Seriously looking forward to more of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark.  He's been in so few of these movies over the last ten years.  You would think they would have used him more often!

He's expensive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Summer 2018 do we think?

Part one has got an April 2018 release. 

7 minutes ago, McFly said:

Is Joss Whedon directing still? 

No, it's the Russo brothers (who did Winter Soldier and Civil War).

Meh, after Civil War I can't really see this living up to the hype they're trying to produce. Maybe it will be ok, but Civil War and AoU were more boring and generic than really bad. Can't be arsed to pay for another ticket for that kind of movie.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I don't really get the criticism that Robert Downey Jr has been in too many of these as well. He's been in, what, 6 of them (Iron Man 1,2 and 3, Avengers 1 and 2 and Civil War)? Chris Evans has been in 5 of them (6 if you include his small cameo in Thor 2) and he doesn't get the same amount of criticism.

I dunno what it is about this stuff but despite any disappointments along the way seeing something like the clip in the OP still sends shivers down my spine. Even if it's shit it's going to be awesome.

• Upvote 2

The Cap films are the most successful at integrating with the other MCU films, whilst also telling their own story. Iron Man's films all but vibrate apart when the MCU intrudes - IM3 excepted because Shane Black is a wonder. (No-one tell LeChuck I just said that.) Thor's run is incredibly patchy though I hold out hope for Thor: Ragnarok now that Taika Waititi is in charge. 

I’m equal parts excited and sceptical about this film.  At last check I think I counted 15 heroes confirmed, with another 10 or so more likely to appear.  That is a lot, especially considering that it’s now been confirmed to be one film rather than two.

I appreciate that the vast majority of these characters will already be set up, but in addition to making it feel natural and fun they need to build up Thanos properly, who hasn’t fully shown his motivations or power in other movies.  Marvel comic crossover events of this magnitude are notorious for throwing around a lot of characters and action, but they are sorely lacking in story or heart.  It’s a huge undertaking.  But if anyone can do it, it’s the Russo brothers. 

Something I’d like to see in this movie is two or three characters getting killed off early doors, making Thanos a real threat and also allowing Marvel to clear the decks a bit to introduce new heroes in future films. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NickC said:

I’m equal parts excited and sceptical about this film.  At last check I think I counted 15 heroes confirmed, with another 10 or so more likely to appear.  That is a lot, especially considering that it’s now been confirmed to be one film rather than two.

I appreciate that the vast majority of these characters will already be set up, but in addition to making it feel natural and fun they need to build up Thanos properly, who hasn’t fully shown his motivations or power in other movies.  Marvel comic crossover events of this magnitude are notorious for throwing around a lot of characters and action, but they are sorely lacking in story or heart.  It’s a huge undertaking.  But if anyone can do it, it’s the Russo brothers. 

Something I’d like to see in this movie is a two or three characters getting killed off early doors, making Thanos a real threat and also allowing Marvel to clear the decks a bit to introduce new heroes in future films. 

Totally agree with the last part, real danger must be created! 

There's got to be at least one major death, surely?

Spoiler

Because Vision has the Infinity Stone, I assume Thanos is going to kill him to get it. 

Apparently...

Spoiler

Thanos and Vision play poker and he loses it that way.  Vision has to walk around the rest of the movie with a lucky charm piece of cereal sellotaped to his head instead.  Only Groot notices, but he can't tell anyone as there are only so many ways he can say "I am Groot".

• Upvote 4

In that video you also see

Spoiler

him holding the purple stone (can't remember what one that is; the Power Stone, maybe) so he'll be fucking up Xandar en route to Earth, which is how I'm guessing the GotG get involved.

1 hour ago, NickC said:

Something I’d like to see in this movie is two or three characters getting killed off early doors, making Thanos a real threat and also allowing Marvel to clear the decks a bit to introduce new heroes in future films. 

I want Thanos to kill/trap all Avengers minus Hawkeye and Black Widow cause they aren't really special (same with Iron Man kinda), but then they face Thanos and Coulson shows up with his shield thing, and the super-powerless Avengers hold up their own for a while against Thanos. That'd be awesome, also I love Coulson in the movies.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

I would actually give anything for Squirrel Girl to be in the MCU.

But then you wouldn't need the rest of the Avengers..

• Upvote 2

Just now, MDY said:

But then you wouldn't need the rest of the Avengers..

Yes you would, comic book characters power levels are adjusted depending on the writer and what story they want to accomplish.

Squirrel girl is garbage annoying, and she didn't even properly beat Thanos - but everyone likes to say she did cause theres a poster of her standing on Thanos' head.