Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Santa Clarita Diet - Netflix

On 02/03/2017 at 09:55, Boothjan said:

Really enjoyed it, it's great when you just happen to start watching something with no previous knowledge or expectations of it and it surprises you (in a good way).

The wife and I just discovered this too, she doesn't normally like "silly tv shows" but I have heard her giggle a few times.  I think it's great, Oliphant is fantastic and i'm looking forward to finishing S1 off and watching S2, which comes out on my birthday.  Don't want to watch the trailer yet in case it spoils the end of season 1.

I remember enjoying this when I watched it, but couldn't for the life of me tell you how S1 ended...Anyone got an easy recap video anywhere

s2e1 now watched. not grabbing me as much as the first season but i will carry on though.

the highlight is still olyphant, closely followed by his and barrymore’s chemistry. think the daughter is good and well played too.

Binging the whole lot of Season 2 right now. I fucking love this show; proper pleasurable. Plus Barrymore dropped the C-Bomb. She’s so fuckin’ hot, funny and clever. I think I love her in everything. 

Yep, S2 is great. Funniest moment for me so far: Up to episode 4 spoilers:

Spoiler

"How do you have so much testosterone with no balls?" 

"She asked you a question, Joel."

:lol:

• Upvote 3

Spoiler

That wilfully stupid bit of business with him looking at the bookcase...

...in episode 3. That tickled me somehow.

• Upvote 2

Yep, Joel is the glue that holds it all together. I thought Abby and Eric really stepped up this season too. It didn't matter who the show cut to, everyone was great. Felt more like a great ensemble this time round. 

Also, how is this show just a 15 with all the c and f bombs? I'm not complaining,  just very surprised. 

I was recommended this by my sister in law. I wasn’t excited as she normally watches (in my brothers view) complete shite.

But boy, I haven’t laughed so hard at something on tv for ages. Love it. I also have a man crush for Olyphant who cracks me up with everything he says. 

He also has great hair.

Seriously folks, if you haven’t already, give it a go. 

I'm near the end of Season 1 - is Season 2 significantly better? I've found it ok but I don't know if I really need another ten episodes unless it steps up a gear.

I’m up to episode 6 of season 2 and I think it’s slightly better than 1 but IMO it’s got the balance of moving things along and doing stand alone episodes just right.

i.e I’m not shouting at the TV “Get the fuck on with it” like I do with The Walking Dead ;) 

i think one one more season should be it though. Like all comedy series, best to go out on a high.

Honestly what surprised me the most about season 1 is probably the quality of the cliffhangers for each episode. Much more 'oh go on then, just one more episode' than I expected.

The stuff with the adults is generally fairly good, I think it's the scenes with the teenagers that really drag it down. I could lose them entirely and wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything good. My attention tends to wander during their storylines.

• Downvote 1

We just finished both series of this and loved it. I think S2 had more out and out laughs in it, but we really enjoyed all of it. Is a S3 confirmed yet ?

I think this may be the best thing Timothy Olyphant has been in since Deadwood. I never had him down as a comic actor but his delivery is perfect.

My wife started this last year and as she half way through season 2 I got drawn in. It's great, I really enjoyed it. So I've gone back to start it from the beginning.