Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

Gorf King

You bloody do for the second step. I did the hand cannon part of the Iron Banner quest at the same time and for the sheer volume of games I played I got more kills than the 50 required for the Catalyst. It absolutely didn't go up with any kills other than with the Cryosthesia.

I was probably lucky in terms of Iron Banner and being matched with people with a lower light level, but the gun did seem surprisingly good. It was orders of magnitude easier than trying to get PvP kills with Ticuu's, which was an exercise in negative fun. The only workable way of doing it I found was to play Gambit and use it for invasions, because at least then you generally had the drop on people. 

The catalyst quest is a bit weird, as its got three criteria for the last step - kill 100 combatants, kill 50 guardians, and run 200 playlist activities. I have no idea what the point of the 'kill 100 combatants' criterion is for, as there's no way you could even get close to doing the other two without fulfilling that one as well. You could kill 100 enemies in a single strike. 

Don't forget that rank 22 of the season pass is a 4x catalyst progression boost so it only works out as 13 or 14 kills or something. Whilst this still requires going in to crucible with it, which is obviously akin to eating your own faecal matter, 14 kills can be done in 1 or 2 games. 

Not really enjoying this seasonal event. It doesn't feel like there's 6 people playing. The gambit bit goes on for too long, and then the boss falls in no time. I've already noticed a lot of people realising how little you need to participate given you cant fail. Not picking up motes, waiting to be dragged forward automatically, 5 second respawn. I don't want these public activities to be rock hard, but some challenge and jeopardy would be nice.

12 hours ago, pledge said:

some challenge and jeopardy would be nice.

Try going in to VoG in contest mode. :lol:

We strolled in there last night with memories of breezing through it in an hour and then promptly noped out half an hour later after getting massacred. 

I love the GM Nightfalls but a whole raid's worth of +20 enemies is too much for this old man. 

Got to the conflux checkpoint though and it looks absolutely stunning. For a 3 year old game, D2 is still a top tier showcase for next gen consoles.  

Got a Vision of Confluence which doesn’t auto fire and a Praedyth’s Revenge that doesn’t shoot purple bullets in our short time in there. Problem with nostalgia is that it was definitely better the last time out and these Diet Coke guns remind you of that, unless challenge mode is gonna offer some proper Oracle rinsing bangers in their perks.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Well, some of the original rllmuk renegades managed it earlier this evening. 

E2A_NctWUAE5Pon?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2A_NuwWQAAJwp5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2A_NEuXsAw1gtX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2JST2CWUAIofOv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2L4yauXMAUeh_q?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2JSULIXsAYULKl?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2L4tPrXsAYHs2D?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2L401OXEAETDGf?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

E2L4k9vWQAMorR6?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Does...does...this mean I can collect my clan raid engram?!

I've not played Destiny 2 in ages, I think the last expansion I bought was Forsaken. How's the game now compared to back then? I felt it was a bit meh, especially in the end game and that's why I kinda gave up on it. I'm getting some new hardware soon and was wondering if it's worth to start a new save on the new Xbox (as I'm assuming I won't be able to move my PS save over to the MS platform)?

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

I've not played Destiny 2 in ages, I think the last expansion I bought was Forsaken. How's the game now compared to back then? I felt it was a bit meh, especially in the end game and that's why I kinda gave up on it. I'm getting some new hardware soon and was wondering if it's worth to start a new save on the new Xbox (as I'm assuming I won't be able to move my PS save over to the MS platform)?

You can, you link your accounts then choose which characters you want to play. All your shit is saved on Bungies back end (fnarr) so it's just there once you've done it.

There isn’t a local save. Activate cross save on the Bungie site and you’re good to go. 

The game is still Destiny. If you didn’t like Forsaken there’s no reason to suppose you’ll like it now. It is quite similar. 

With my PS5 behaving itself this morning I managed to grab our successful run at Atheon:

edit: Nope, that was a failed run!! I'll have to check my PS5 footage! 🤦‍♂️

Miss the ease in which you can stream  and capture on PS5. Some great memories forever lost in time from our Rllmuk’s First* race, falling backwards off ledges and accompanying Warlock slander, general Ding Dong Calamity, going back and absolutely 1 phasing bosses. 

*verification pending

I quite like the generosity of drops when preparing for the seasonal activity. In Season of the Hunt I had to run a bunch of strikes just to get one charge for the Wrathborn Hunt thing - here, one strike instantly gives you 50 Ether... aka one key code. So at the moment it's: go to the strike playlist, spend 10-15 minutes hauling ass through a strike, then jump straight back into Override to get more Decrypted Data.

Of course, the prices of the later gauntlet upgrades are still intimidating, but that's your long-term season goal, so I expected nothing less.

Oh no, I’ve started playing this again. It is still very nice but incredibly confusing, just loads of stuff to do all over the shop and no idea what to prioritise beyond current season stuff. Some questions from someone who’s barely played since Shadowkeep, and not seriously since whenever Menagerie was a thing. 

1. what should I prioritise of the things I’ve missed? I had a Cipher in my inventory and spent it on Witherhoard which is fun. It seems Xenophage is a fairly important thing, no?

2. I want Anarchy but looks like I need some kind of raid mats to get it. Is there any way of getting these as a solo player? I suspect I’m not going to like the answer to this. 

3. Are any of the old dungeons doable solo? What about for someone who is rubbish?

4. I think that’s it. Oh no, wait: what are some good legendaries? Just for general PvE mucking about really.