Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken. No raid spoilers please.

Just read on Eurogamer that the Gambit part of the Cayde-6 quest is the opposite of what the quest text implies. 

Spoiler

"Get 5 invasion kills with a Hand Cannon in Gambit"

To me, that implies you invade, and kill the other team with a Hand Cannon.  EG are saying you kill the person invading your game. 

True?

3 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Any way I can get Masterwork Cores without finding gear with them inside and dismantling those? Without DLC. Thanks

My brother has just finished the base campaign and asked me the same question. 

It doesn't seem like there is but given the new infusion system is so dependent on cores, I can't believe Bungie think that is a good idea??

Still a great roll though, especially if you never got Midnight Coup (sniff). 

Just about out of powerful gear routes now - until I farm up armour sets and get powerful enough for higher Well tiers anyway. Be interesting to see how the game feels tonight after reset when there’s theoretically none of the major weekly stuff left to do. 

42 minutes ago, Janski said:

My brother has just finished the base campaign and asked me the same question. 

It doesn't seem like there is but given the new infusion system is so dependent on cores, I can't believe Bungie think that is a good idea??

Yeah it kinda sucks, I can only level up weapons to 3 before I need cores. And infusing costs 2 cores. So basically you're relying on extremely rare drops. I guess its fair enough as the game's moved onto DLC but for those with the base game only it makes it way too grindy. I'll just mop up the remaining quests and wait to do the Leviathan raid and then peace out probably. Still don't understand why they don't have matchmaking for the Heroic Quests, Nightfall etc. They have the tools to help solo players team up with each other but refuse to use them? Doesn't make any sense.

Been finishing more Adventures and quite a few of them are better than the main campaign missions. More interesting ideas and level design imo.

never played Osiris and haven't got a clue where im up to or what my light level is.

Im actually reinstalling it, so is it easy to get back in to or do I need to go back to school?

2 hours ago, lewismistreated said:

Random thoughts:

- In trying to get hold of the complete Season 4 Crucible armor set, I dunked all my tokens into Shaxx. Didn't get the MARK, which is all i NEEDED, but the horned git did give me at least 3 Better Devils', complete with all the new rolls. Still looking for the Best Devils, but if anyone wants to get hold of a decent 500 hand cannon, that seems to be a good way of going about it.

Same. Emptied about 1k of tokens into the horny faced twat and got about 5 of everything except the bloody cape.

If you ask me, this is a decent roll...

40986011_10156029807482880_8380743640003117056_o.thumb.jpg.8c8efe4772259fd0440b00daf46e6299.jpg

Full auto, Outlaw, Steady Rounds. 

Could be pretty tasty in crucible. :)

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

40986011_10156029807482880_8380743640003117056_o.thumb.jpg.8c8efe4772259fd0440b00daf46e6299.jpg

I got that in Gambit and love it, full auto is a bloody great roll so I hope to get one with it as fave gun at the moment!

@Scruff, @hobo and me found and figured out an Ascendant Challenge earlier. Took a few goes, but we did it. It's pretty fun. Haven't tried (or even seen) the Well yet. Also, we went on a massive explore of some really hard-tier areas.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

For me personally, that’s a God roll. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

@Scruff, @hobo and me found and figured out an Ascendant Challenge earlier. Took a few goes, but we did it. It's pretty fun. Haven't tried (or even seen) the Well yet. Also, we went on a massive explore of some really hard-tier areas.

Give a yell if you do blind well!

Got my second subclass unlocked! Spoilered if for some reason you don't want to know how:

Spoiler

Tier II Blind Well run. Think the Seed of Light is a random drop, but got mine on my first completion. 

Went for the Sentinel, 'cause those barrier/healing abilities seem like they'll be real good in Raids. Also because the Arc human missile thing looks very silly.

5 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Got my second subclass unlocked! Spoilered if for some reason you don't want to know how:

Reveal hidden contents

Tier II Blind Well run. Think the Seed of Light is a random drop, but got mine on my first completion. 

Went for the Sentinel, 'cause those barrier/healing abilities seem like they'll be real good in Raids. Also because the Arc human missile thing looks very silly.

The Code of the Missile melee is crazy good for crowd control and Insurmountable Skullfort makes if feel hilariously broken. Having my fun with it while I can until the inevitable "NO FUN ALLOWED" nerf.

2 hours ago, lewismistreated said:

Reveal hidden contents

Grats! 5 randoms couldn’t do it - but I don’t think most of them realised tactic 

3 hours ago, Mafro said:

The Code of the Missile melee is crazy good for crowd control and Insurmountable Skullfort makes if feel hilariously broken. Having my fun with it while I can until the inevitable "NO FUN ALLOWED" nerf.

I guess my only other issue with the Arc class is the whole 'slide over ammo' thing to activate its top perk. I think anything that changes how you fundamentally move around the world is a big ask, and I sure as hell wont remember to run and slide over every piece of ammo that's lying around.

Got an energy bow now too. With Rampage and Archer's Aim (or something like that - decreases draw time after a crit).

Guys this game is pretty good.

Well, that was a pretty fun night. Hit the Blind Well (if that's what it's called, and I haven't got confused) several times. I think I have 2 clears at Tier 2, and 6 or 7 at Tier 1. Got some decent loot from completing the relegated weekly bounty and its follow-on, and now have some very confusing new ones to look at.

There seem to be secrets all over the place.

Really enjoying this so far.

Also, to ease @Mr Ben's mind, from the TWAB today:

Challenges and Resets

With the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, challenges have become a new avenue for players to acquire powerful rewards. 

There are two types of challenges: daily and weekly. Now, these types behave a bit differently when it comes to resets.

Weekly challenges follow the weekly reset each Tuesday at 10 AM PDT.

Daily challenges, on the other hand, offer a unique challenge each day, and they reset every four days. Here are some examples:

The first daily strike challenge was offered on Tuesday, September 4. So, the next daily strike challenge will arrive with a reset on Saturday, September 8. 

The first daily Gambit challenge was offered on Wednesday, September 5. So, the next daily Gambit challenge will arrive with a reset on Sunday, September 9. 

However, players will retain daily challenges until they’re completed. 

If a player completes the daily strike challenge on Friday, September 7, the challenge will be offered once more on Saturday, September 8.

If a player does not complete the daily strike challenge by Saturday, September 8, they will not receive a duplicate challenge. Instead, the challenge will be reset and progress will be cleared.

This might go some way to explaining some of the weirdness, and also means you should be able to trust you've got the rest of the week to do the weeklies.

Dailies reset each day if you don't finish them, and only refresh to new ones every 4 days. So tbe Clan ones for Arc and Melee kills can be completed one a day for 4 days, and will only change to something else from Saturday.

7 hours ago, Flub said:

Power level matters in Gambit against other players. Simulant is apparently super OP in Gambit at the moment (Can take out a fully overshielded invader with a single body shot)

Ah crap, is that true? Explains why I never lost a game in the trial withybold origin story/Prometheus Lens/curtain call load out from the when I was raising just after Curse of Osiris came out but haven't won a game since the trial ended and everyone increased their stuff. I've been getting melted by invaders and thought it was just because I haven't played PvP for about a year. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Also, to ease @Mr Ben's mind, from the TWAB today:

This might go some way to explaining some of the weirdness, and also means you should be able to trust you've got the rest of the week to do the weeklies.

Dailies reset each day if you don't finish them, and only refresh to new ones every 4 days. So tbe Clan ones for Arc and Melee kills can be completed one a day for 4 days, and will only change to something else from Saturday.

I dont think it explains the weirdness of Gorf not having any daily challenges in strikes and crucible at all.

Anyway, Gorf and I did a load of Blind Well runs (Tier 1+2) before he had to go to bed. Almost everyone (all the rando's too) got a seed of light from the first tier 2 we completed pretty easily (I think we did 2). I wont say anymore, as Gorf will have flashbacks.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I did not get a Seed from my two completes either.

Did tou get powerful gear from the quest turn in? It sounded like you did on comms. Both Gorf and myself didnt, though it says on the bounties they're just legendary rewards, not powerful gear anyway.

I only got Legendary gear for turning in the weekly for the 10 completes, I'm pretty sure. I think I got Powerful for the Oracle Offering, not from the bounty but from the chest. But it was getting quite late, and I'd had a lot of gear in fairly short order, so I'm not 100% what dropped from what. Also, I had a Prime Engram in my inventory I cashed in, so it might have sounded like a rush at my end slightly artificially.

How did you guys get on, then?