Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken - Festival of the Lost

3 hours ago, Jerec said:

Ah man every time I read this thread I want to play Destiny 2 and think that I'm missing out on loads of cool new stuff!

Then 3 days later I realise why I stopped...

Not even touched the second campaign mode yet!

Hmm maybe a quick go won't hurt...

One more taste won't hurt. C'mon, you know you want to...

• Upvote 1

Just on the infusion thing. If you infuse  a weapon of the same name in to another one it only costs a small amount of glimmer. So potentially worth holding on to something you like even at a low level until a higher version drops. 

I enjoyed the main Forsaken campaign although found the final mission a slight let down vs what had come before it. It certainly feels like there is loads to do again though - I’ve got bounties coming out of my ears! The real end game seems to be managing tasks so that you are effectively completing multiple bounties at once! 

• Upvote 2

I’m not madly keen on the way that you have to physically go to an NPC to pick up bounties. The process is so drawn-out and the cost of getting them so insignificant, that it makes more sense to have them active at all times, a bit like the way the old challenges used to work. Looking at what the activities are for a particular activity would at least give you something to do while you’re waiting for the activity to load. Loading up a social space, then running from vendor to vendor feels like preparatory work or admin, rather than the actual game itself.

Good to know about the weapons with the same name. Especially with random rolls. 

4 minutes ago, Marmite said:

The real end game seems to be managing tasks so that you are effectively completing multiple bounties at once! 

That's Destiny 1 year 1. I actually really enjoyed doing that. Where can I go to do that and get this done. Oh, can get that one done as well. 

:)

58 minutes ago, K said:

I’m not madly keen on the way that you have to physically go to an NPC to pick up bounties. The process is so drawn-out and the cost of getting them so insignificant, that it makes more sense to have them active at all times, a bit like the way the old challenges used to work. Looking at what the activities are for a particular activity would at least give you something to do while you’re waiting for the activity to load. Loading up a social space, then running from vendor to vendor feels like preparatory work or admin, rather than the actual game itself.

Yeah, it's probably my only gripe so far.

Oh, and there's a lost sector in Tangled Shore which made me chuckle:

1 hour ago, Capp said:

One more taste won't hurt. C'mon, you know you want to...

Just ordered GTA V again. This week has loads of GTA Online freebies when you login, plus Amazon just chucked me $1,350,000 free Online dollars.

And BF1 Season Pass is free from 11th Sept, so much stuff to do!!!!! :hmm:

The artificial extension of stuff like travelling times has never been quite so obvious. They’ve quite deliberately placed landing zones such that you still have a schlep to get to where you want to go, which as others have said is particularly annoying when you just want to pick up some bounties or advance a quest. 

Apart from that, the slightly deflating intro to the postgame and the fact that the gunsmith refuses to give me another bow because bows are fucking amazing, I love it so far. We’re now having to delete things from the pursuit screen because there’s so much to do. Already itching to get back to it. 

I’m not too worried about the infusion economy. It’s still very early, when resources are bound to be tight but you shouldn’t be infusing much yet anyway. Plus the game throws mats at you on the destinations you actually spend time on. It’ll all be fine eventually I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, K said:

Yeah it's pretty annoying to have to go back to the Tower all the time to pick up quest rewards and deposit items in the vault, mainly because the loading times are slow as feck.

If anyone is Level 20 or above and not doing the DLC, if you want to team up to do endgame stuff like Adventures/quests/Strikes on PS4, gimme a shout. All endgame randoms I meet are already in fireteams.

PS, K I did have to a long walk to get my PS+ freebee, to the fridge for my beer and back again. On the plus side you can laugh at the massive download I had to do last night of content I will won't play for months.

8 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Yeah it's pretty annoying to have to go back to the Tower all the time to pick up quest rewards and deposit items in the vault, mainly because the loading times are slow as feck.

Use an item manager like Ishtar Commander to put stuff in and take stuff out of the vault, it's a million times easier than physically going there (or as physically as you can go there in a game). Ishtar Commander is pretty great - it's free, and the UI is really good. They just need to add loadouts, and it would be perfect.

A version of Ishtar for bounties and activities would be amazing.

Thanks, will check it out.

Main problem is I like to swap my weapons around a lot so I don't get bored, so I usually have 6 or 7 of each weapon type in my inventory, so it fills up too fast. I don't like sticking to one favourite, for me the fun in Halo was always having to use what you picked up on the fly.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the amount of times I've flung that ridiculous little sun hammer off into the distance when I meant to melee the guy standing right in front of me is starting to grate. Not to mention the times where I actually do end up hitting something with it, but then have to spend the next 5 seconds scrabbling around in the dirt trying to figure out exactly where the hell it awkwardly bounced off to. This is usually right when I need the instant health regen gained from grabbing it, and right when 3 other fuckers are shooting me in the face.

Whatever. I supposed I should be grateful that we have the luxury of picking our specific size and quantity of Hammers That Are On Fire now. Small/Medium/Grande, what's your flavour.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the amount of times I've flung that ridiculous little sun hammer off into the distance when I meant to melee the guy standing right in front of me is starting to grate. Not to mention the times where I actually do end up hitting something with it, but then have to spend the next 5 seconds scrabbling around in the dirt trying to figure out exactly where the hell it awkwardly bounced off to. This is usually right when I need the instant health regen gained from grabbing it, and right when 3 other fuckers are shooting me in the face.

Whatever. I supposed I should be grateful that we have the luxury of picking our specific size and quantity of Hammers That Are On Fire now. Small/Medium/Grande, what's your flavour.

I'm really getting to love my throwing hammer. And if you get it right, it bounces up in the air and you catch it and feel AMAZING.

I'm 500 Light now, having just finished the main revenge story parts (I can see there's more to do.) Got a 2nd bow from a drop (can't remember if it was Gambit or a Challenge reward.) Turns out, bows are fun! Really enjoying this so far.

4 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

What can anyone tell me about weapon tiers, upgrades, costs and masterworks?

This is based on my experience - might be wrong

Weapon (and armor) tiers are the new MW approach. Incremental rather than one off costs. Adds the stat and eventual MWs. Costs glimmer/shards/MC as the number increases up to 10

Upgrades - not sure what you mean? Mods? They are much more limited in spread now. I've seen CD, Boss damage, radar retrion. 5k to install. Gunsmith sells 2 each day

Costs - Glimmer, MW cores and planetary mats are all used alongside glimmer

Just done my first of the barons

Spoiler

The Rider

and enjoyed it a lot. With that and the opening, this story content has a few great set-piece showdowns already. :) 

I'm currently at LL434. Probably going to start hunting down those barons tomorrow. It's fun to be back in the levelling curve again. 

I did have to laugh at this guy on Resetera who appears to have forgotten how to play

2 story missions, 100+ vanguard tokens, 200+ crucible tokens, 200+ EDZ tokens and 3 hours of grinding PEs in the new area, net me 6 levels and 7 LL to be 417 with all shitty blue gear because fuck off with me having to travel to 5 other planets wasting more hours of gameplay just to get mats to infuse and get rid of this trash equipment ad actually use stuff want to.......

This is not fucking funny at all.

I've just been doing PEs in the new patrol zone and my LL is going up super fast considering the amount of work I'm having to put in.

3 minutes ago, Flub said:

I'm currently at LL434. Probably going to start hunting down those barons tomorrow. It's fun to be back in the levelling curve again. 

I did have to laugh at this guy on Resetera who appears to have forgotten how to play

I've just been doing PEs in the new patrol zone and my LL is going up super fast considering the amount of work I'm having to put in.

That guy also has no ideal how to increase power either. If you do PEs etc in the old zones they seem to be power capped.

And once you get to 40 (and then 50) the increase from turn ins insane. (500+ seems to be back to the "powerful" grind as far as I can see but there's about 4-5 more sources than before)

22 minutes ago, Hexx said:

That guy also has no ideal how to increase power either. If you do PEs etc in the old zones they seem to be power capped.

And once you get to 40 (and then 50) the increase from turn ins insane. (500+ seems to be back to the "powerful" grind as far as I can see but there's about 4-5 more sources than before)

That's been my experience too. Up to 40 my gains were slow and steady. Now I'm post 40 they're accelerating fast. It's a shame the old zones seem to be power capped at about 380. You'd think it shouldn't matter. Especially when you factor in flashpoints. I like the new patrol zone but I'd like having the option to shake up what PEs I do by going to another planet. Given that bounties are on every planet you'd think the PE rewards would keep pace. Maybe it's just a bug. And that were all going to be farming infusion mats eventually.

Just did my first new strike and it was brilliant, best strike I’ve played in Destiny 2 so far.

Spoiler

Prison of elders one, brilliant turn from old whiny bollocks!

500 does seem to be the soft cap but got there very quickly, had loads of fun today and loving the music - feels like Destiny is back  :) 

Does anyone else have this daily for the strike playlist? Asking as Gorf does not have it, and has not done a strike in the playlist today:

41115514_10155419964840146_1197872817010

Seems milestones/challenges are quite a bit buggy.

We had a bit of bugginess in our Fireteam, too. For example, I've lost 4 matches of progress to the Crucible milestone at some point this evening, and I appear to be able to complete the Flashpoint (which will be for a second time.)

I had the Daily and Weekly one from your screenshot, although I've now completed them. I think maybe it relates to when you hit lvl 50.

For those wanting to know what lost sector each wanted bounty is tied to, here is a handy map of each planet with all lost sector names on them (thanks to reddit):

https://imgur.com/gallery/nhZhkOZ

I had to google each one earlier this evening, which is just daft when it should be in game when you mouse over them on each planet.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

We had a bit of bugginess in our Fireteam, too. For example, I've lost 4 matches in the Crucible milestone at some point this evening

I thought you were going to put your losses down to bugs for a minute there Mike! :lol:  I was going to remember that one for my own excuse pool but then you ruined it; you square :(;) 

I've got that card @Mr Ben and I've only done one strike and that was with gorf.