RJames

Consolevania's back...

1 minute ago, sir shrew said:

This is great news, will make the pledge later.

That's great man, but what about this consolevania.

Obviously pledged.

I put it on the Patreon but I'd love to get more commentaries for old CV episodes. You don't get creative insight about bees in the loft otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Oh, happy day. I loved the shit out of CV. I was happy to see the new series of Videogaiden last year but it was missing something (i.e. The freedom to be completely daft and profane). Have signed up for 15 dollarydoos. Phone me a pizza!! Is it there yet??

• Upvote 2

Pretty sad that only backers get to see it. I'm skint and cannot afford to be Patreoning anyone. And frankly, it makes little commercial sense - if you're not putting your stuff up on Youtube or wherever you're massively limiting your audience and the chances of your audience broadening, which in turn will reduce patrons.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Comrade said:

Pretty sad that only backers get to see it. I'm skint and cannot afford to be Patreoning anyone. And frankly, it makes little commercial sense - if you're not putting your stuff up on Youtube or wherever you're massively limiting your audience and the chances of your audience broadening, which in turn will reduce patrons.

For someone called Comrade you seem to buy quite heavily into the capitalist fantasy of "making commercial sense"

Just now, joeplus said:

For someone called Comrade you seem to buy quite heavily into the capitalist fantasy of "making commercial sense"

The "capitalist fantasy" of wanting more people to donate to your Patreon? All right mate.

37 minutes ago, Comrade said:

They've had multiple TV series and had shows online before (albeit not on YouTube due to soundtrack issues, I think) and the patreon still isn't exactly going a mile a minute despite consolevania and videogaiden having quite a vocal fanbase. 

Meanwhile people who basically just whine on camera and ask for donations are making tens of thousands of dollars a month.

I can sort of see why they're restricting it to backers only. I think in today's shouty, loud YouTube age this is going to be something quite niche, anyway.

8 hours ago, Comrade said:

The "capitalist fantasy" of wanting more people to donate to your Patreon? All right mate.

It was a dig mate, a little joke. Not a very good one, sorry to be a prick. If you're hella skint, I'd sub you a Patreon so you can watch it, if you want. If Patreon lets you do that, I don't know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have any dollars, only pounds, and nice as a new CV would be I'm too lazy to go to the post office and get my money changed.

• Upvote 1