rllmuk
Yoshimax

Forza Motorsport 7

Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive. Experience the danger and beauty of competitive racing at the limit in Forza Motorsport 7. Enjoy gorgeous graphics at 60fps and true 4K resolution in HDR. Collect over 700 Forzavista™ cars, including the largest assortment of Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis ever. Master over 30 famous environments with race conditions that change every time you race. Available October 3, 2017 on Xbox One and Windows 10. Coming Holiday 2017 for Xbox One X.

I really enjoyed Forza 5 and 6, but the paucity of tracks compared to the 360 games was disappointing.  I like the Prague, Abu Dhabi, California and Rio tracks, and didn't mind the removal of New York, as I hated that track, but I've been playing Forza 4 recently and had forgotten how many great tracks there were in it.  As well as the afore-mentioned Fujimi Kaido, there are all the other Japanese tracks - Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi, Tsukuba, European ones - those Spanish ones in the mountains, Amalfi Coast, and that American one in the desert, where the track is half in the stadium and half outside it - can't remember the name.  I'd love to see some of these tracks brought back.

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2017 at 17:49, Boozy The Clown said:

e.g Jackie Stewart "You're going to the Nurburgring, I actually shat myself here once mid race when a dug ran out of the trees in front of me." 

:lol: oh Jesus christ you ended me there. The missus asked what's so funny so I read it out. A blank stare and a "you & that forum are weird " later she went back to ignoring me.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, smelly bastard said:

and didn't mind the removal of New York, as I hated that track,

I assume you never played the original FM on the first xbox - the New York track on the 360 was the short version of the original track, which was fucking awesome.  I'd be made up if they brought that one back, but I don't think it'll happen unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I wonder what hook they'll come up with for this - a 3rd straight track racer with improved car interiors and even better tyre physics isn't going to excite many (other than the hardcore) on Xbone.

I far prefer the Horizon series now and actually don't feel the need for 7 on this gen of machine - if Scorpio is out and this is a 4k HDR launch title then I may be drawn back in (providing my Thrustmaster wheel still works, MS can't stitch us up again with peripherals)

9 hours ago, smelly bastard said:

I really enjoyed Forza 5 and 6, but the paucity of tracks compared to the 360 games was disappointing.  I like the Prague, Abu Dhabi, California and Rio tracks, and didn't mind the removal of New York, as I hated that track, but I've been playing Forza 4 recently and had forgotten how many great tracks there were in it.  As well as the afore-mentioned Fujimi Kaido, there are all the other Japanese tracks - Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi, Tsukuba, European ones - those Spanish ones in the mountains, Amalfi Coast, and that American one in the desert, where the track is half in the stadium and half outside it - can't remember the name.  I'd love to see some of these tracks brought back.

Forza 4: 28 environments (counting the three parts of Camino Veijo/Ladera/Ibera seperately, and Nordschleife and GP seperately), with 147 total configurations

Forza 6: 27 environments, 140 configurations.

There's really not that much difference between 4 and 6. and I'll happily lose some of the crappier fantasy tracks (Sedona, Sunset) to get better real-world tracks not often seen in games equivalents (Watkins Glen, Lime Rock).

I would like to see the long Positano track back, as it's a great venue for historic cars.

1 hour ago, King A said:

Original New York, Mapel Valley, Fujimi Kaido & Almalfi Coast need to return.

That would be amazing and I'd consider getting an xbox again if it happened.  I just can't see it though, with turn 10's insistence on replacing their amazing fantasy tracks with boring ones like the Alps and Prague.

I'd add Sunset Peninsula and Sedona to your list as well.

I loved old Forza. Loved it. Played them all to death all the way up to 4. 5 I played a chunk and enjoyed it, but not as much as the old ones, and I just couldn't stick with 6. Yes the graphics and handling are wonderful. It runs really well, but it just feels dull to me now. It's certainly not track racers that do it to me. I'll happily do 3 free practice sessions, qualifying then a 50% race on F1. I just find Forza a bit stale these days. Like GT, just not as bad.

Fair enough - it felt like fewer tracks to me, but I haven't counted them - I'll take your word for it.

I liked Sedona Park though.

I haven't okayed the first Forza, sadly.  I have owned an X-box.  It's a pity - I actually collect racing games from old consoles, so I'd love to play it, and PGR1 and 2.

12 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Just over-familiarity maybe, but the games definitely seemed to lose something over time for me too.

Maybe it's the career structure of F1 I like? The thing I struggle with on the Forza Games (Including Horizon), is it is just too easy to get into the fast cars very quickly. It doesn't take long before you can get another vehicle. I like the challenge of having to start as a rookie and fight up, getting access to better championships as you go along.

In F1 I'm currently playing as MclarenHonda, fighting for 7-10th place in races with the expectation to have the car developed to the point of fighting for the win in 4 seasons. It's great fun.

One thing that always seem to hold the games back is the lack of accurate car damage and just how limited it currently is, I wonder if that can be rectified to any better degree with the Scorpio version?

Definitely needs a refresh of some sort though.

You can have better damage. Usually it's not the game engine holding us back, it's the car manufacturers not wanting to allow X amount of damage to show on their cars.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, King A said:

I loved old Forza. Loved it. Played them all to death all the way up to 4.

Same, first 3 Forza games I played loads of, but my interest in them has died off. I kinda feel like the series is being milked for all it's worth. They ARE great games but I personally don't need a new Motorsport entry every 2 years. I'll likely just stick to the Horizon series as long as they continue to be fun and interesting.

I do agree that the career side of things could use a shakeup. The problem is, while some players find getting to the fast cars too quickly a turnoff, others hate having to wait.

While F1's system, based around sticking with a single car and improving it, probably wouldn't work, there is a model going begging in modifiying GRID 1's career system.

Start as a rookie in formula ford or karts, build up cash (for results) and reputation (based on getting the most out of a given car's capability and racing cleanly - forza already measures how well you're driving and maximising the car with the "good corner" ratings). Spend cash to buy your own cars and eventually set up your own team hire team-mates, etc, or spend rep to get drives for other teams.

Even when driving you own team's cars, rep still matters because that's what attracts car makers to offer you the opportunity to run the factory team, where they give you a high-end car for nothing, loads of cash, but the stakes are high. so you could progress up the ladder (maybe 3 or four ladders - Open wheel (F Ford>F3>Indy>F1)/ Prototype (Radical>LMP3>LMP2>LMP1)/ GT (B/A/GT3+GTE) / Touring (B/A/BTCC+WTCC/V8SC/DTM))

Of course, usually the best racing in the game is in E/D/C class cars which would still exist as a "club racing" tier. spend your own cash, buy your own cars, and have fun.

The old way of playing would still be there, all the way to the top, but players would be able to get deeper into it by getting in to running teams, hiring drivers and engineers (though I don't think I'd want to go as far down as having sponsors to deal with) or just focus on driving by working their way up as a driver for hire like in PCars.

A new Project Gotham could sell me a Bone. Another Forza less so (well, I've been eyeing those Forza Horizon games with some envy, but fortunately the whole American "yo dude check out this rad festival word to yo' momma" stuff has put me off sufficiently). I've played the first 4 Forza Motorsports and they're great, but they're also more or less all the same.

The only game on the current gen that comes a bit near the PGR series is Driveclub, but that also fell short really.

3 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Horizon is essentially an open world PGR. You're missing out.

I just want a standard PGR style game. Menus to select the events and racing. Not fucking about driving to a championship, doing the race, driving accross the map to the next race, doing that, then driving back accross the map to the next race. I love the racing on FH, I just can't be arsed with the fucking around driving across everywhere to start events. Especially when the game has thrown 30 of them at you at the same time to complete.

• Upvote 1

Bring back private lobbies for general online racing and organised events.
Bring back in-game clubs.

Ditch tying achievements to the endless career races in single player as it's meaningless when you can set everything to the most basic levels.

Have specific lobbies set to manual/TCS off

Some kind of forced penalty for collisions in the first sector of the first lap of a race - e.g 5 seconds ghosted off-throttle.

And bring back my 4 wheel drive S Class Toyota Yaris :)

6 hours ago, Gotters said:

I far prefer the Horizon series now and actually don't feel the need for 7 on this gen of machine - if Scorpio is out and this is a 4k HDR launch title then I may be drawn back in (providing my Thrustmaster wheel still works, MS can't stitch us up again with peripherals)

As much as I love this series, that's it in a nutshell. I don't know what the point of 7 would be now. A showcase for Scorpio would be the require lure, though.