TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

WipEout Omega Collection - VR Update out now

Well if you are anyway involved with this @Strangelite take a bloody bow.

My mind is blown. Instantly up there with Rez VR. Fucking chills on my first win and then the victory lap in VR. 

Just superb. If this doesn't make you sick then it's a must play. No issues for me using the standard settings. 

Should I turn anything off seeing as I have my VR legs? 

I’ve turned the helmet setting to off, that makes the biggest difference. Then try setting the camera to ship, or if you feel ok, to pilot for the full effect... you can try the settings from in game, no need to quit btw.

This is quite something. I mean, I feel fairly revolting after three races, but it's just so fucking cool.

Between this and Rez, PSVR has the dad-dance, Superhans, nightclub casualty market all sewn up.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Yeah, I’m enjoying the full fat experience now and feeling no side effects in the high speed classes.

Omega Collection is an undeniable 10/10 as a package now.

So much positivity about Wipeout VR I've had to reserve it at Argos to pick up tomorrow after work.

Havent played any Wipeout since on the saturn in 1997

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ. 

Had a quick go tonight. Oh my... 

THIS is what VR is made for :wub:

Not only does it look incredible, but its just SO smooth, and just so, SO GOOD!!! 

• Upvote 6

Go to Wipeout HD.  The Challenge 3 race on Moa Therma. Game warns you we are turning the “Nay vomit” settings on. Turn off settings, win race. 

Enjoy the victory lap around the sideways purple bit and look left at the ocean and ground below and feel like a boss. You won’t regret it.  I’ve never seen/felt anything like this game yes that’s real Hyperbole.

No motion sickness at all either,  with all comfort settings off. I’m smashing my times in VR. 

Yeah, this is genuinely really good. It's not just the sense of speed that's enjoyable, but also the way that you really feel connected to the experience, bouncing around the place and weaving past the explosions. The simple transition from looking at the race on a screen from the comfort of your sofa to being in the cockpit makes such a difference. And of course the futurism of Wipeout was always an obvious fit for VR - like vanilla Rez and Infinite, this feels like the obvious next evolution. :D 

I'm still finding new VR thingies that immediately make me want to message people and have them come visit to check it out, and as my brother was a big Wipeout fan I know he'll want to try this... :) 

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Also if you play with the VR setting to cockpit then your view will stay centered while the ships rolls around you so that it's fine for barrel rolls.

I believe this is one of the toggles you can turn off - it's not really that bad since it happens so quickly and you're probably going to be headed in a straight line when you do it anyway. :) 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I believe this is one of the toggles you can turn off - it's not really that bad since it happens so quickly and you're probably going to be headed in a straight line when you do it anyway. :) 

Yeah I have it set to pilot view now. Barrel roll is intense. First track I tried pilot tracking on was Sol, OMG what a rush!!!,

• Upvote 1

wow, this is amazing, almost worth buying a psvr setup for this alone. I cannot believe how sharp it looks and how smooth it looks for PSVR

Sony have been amazingly canny: dropping the price of VR / releasing this for free / coinciding with Ready Player One's release. If that doesn't push people into buying VR, nowt will! 

• Upvote 1

Wow! just come on to say it's fucking amazing. It looks stunning and is as smooth as Black Dynamite. 

I have very good VR legs but i felt a little queasy and stopped (after an hour) but i did turn all comfort settings off (i think)

This will scare the shit out of other VR developers. No more PS1/2 graphics in future thank you. I can't believe this is a free update. Puts GT Sport to shame. 

Just popping in before I go for a very much needed lie down to agree that this is an absolute masterpiece, right up there with Resi 7 and Rez as one of the best PSVR games and I one of the best gaming experiences of my life.
From linking up two PSOnes all those years ago on tiny portable tvs to being fully immersed in the cockpit of my anti-grav racer against a friend, what a time to be a gamer.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

It’s never been on Plus as a freebie.

not the omega collection, no...

I've had ps3 and vita wipeouts on psplus though, maybe they're thinking of that?

I only played this on my OG PS4 by the way if anyone was wondering what the non-pro experience was like, I didn’t feel it was at all lacking (will move my psvr to the other room to try it on the pro over the weekend)

Fury has always been the weakest part of the collection for me and the one that I largely ignored last year, but the combat it focuses on is vastly improved in VR so that’s another victory for this update.

It’s amazing how I’m seeing graphical details in the tracks that I never noticed in the 4k version too.

15 hours ago, cassidy said:

Well if you are anyway involved with this @Strangelite take a bloody bow.

My mind is blown. Instantly up there with Rez VR. Fucking chills on my first win and then the victory lap in VR. 

Just superb. If this doesn't make you sick then it's a must play. No issues for me using the standard settings. 

Thanks, but we (Clever Beans) had nothing to do with the VR mode (beyond watch it be developed and a bit of cheering) - the awesome EPOS games studios did the VR version. 

They've done a smashing job though, as always. :)

• Upvote 1

I've heard there's a bug with this particular combination of hardware set up:

VR

A PS4 Pro

A non-4k Telly

PS4 Pro set to "Super Sampling mode"

This causes the game not to boot up in VR / Crash.

The way to [temporarily] fix this is to turn off super sampling mode (or alternatively, buy a 4k telly - a good excuse for the partner if needed)

I think it'll be fixed in another patch soon,

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

Thanks, but we (Clever Beans) had nothing to do with the VR mode (beyond watch it be developed and a bit of cheering) - the awesome EPOS games studios did the VR version. 

They've done a smashing job though, as always. :)

I have to say, they've added a great deal of VR-comfort toggles and it's very well done.

Just very sad that I'm imcompatible with it. :(