IGNORED

Cars 3

JohnC

It looks quite grim from that short clip. Well, it can't be worse than Cars 2 I suppose which was piss poor.

Maybe Lightning will be critically ill in the garage (hospital) and Mater will donate a couple of parts at which point Lightning will then make a recovery but spend the rest of the film playing a banjo and going "hyuck hyuck" to himself.

I quite like Cars, i think it was harshly treated because the standards for Pixar were so high back then when each new release was expected to scale the same heights as before, but in retrospect if they'd just left it as a standalone film and only allowed Toy Story 2 to be their only sequel it'd be looked upon more favourably. The desert looked beautiful, and i liked some of the races. It was too long, and not funny, but it wasn't a disaster. I like it more than A Bug's Life and The Good Dinosaur.

Yeah, Cars 2 is pants, but my son still wants to watch it all the time. I try to get him to watch the first one as I prefer the soundtrack.

This one looks a bit bleak, but who is it aimed at? I can't show my kids, they won't understand "no, we can't actually watch it until next Summer."

Fuckin grimdark.

And why the hyper-realism?

But you never know, aside from mater, has the series ever dealt with disabilities? McQueen gets fucked up, and his friends have to look after him, while he comes to terms with never racing again?

I mean, planes 2 has dusty unable to race due to a cracked gearbox or something, so he becomes a fire fighter.

I'm another that thinks Cars is a pretty good film.

Cars 2 though... yuck.  

I wonder if in Cars 3 they are going to gloss over the fact that Lightning's rusty old best friend Mater now has rockets and can fly.

10 minutes ago, NickC said:

I'm another that thinks Cars is a pretty good film.

Cars 2 though... yuck.  

I wonder if in Cars 3 they are going to gloss over the fact that Lightning's rusty old best friend Mater now has rockets and can fly.

Cars 2 features on-screen (9) and off-screen (2) deaths. It actually has a bodycount.

[edit]

http://www.ew.com/article/2011/06/27/cars-2-death-count

Edited by SeanR
numbers

8 minutes ago, Bucky said:

It'll be like Creed movie with Lightening playing the trainer/out boss/Rocky character.

and he'll be all messed, up slurring his words, and shit.

Owen Wilson has never been more perfect in the role.

is what they'll say.

Jayden Smith to provide the voice of the rookie, Jackson Storm.

or something

• 1 month later...

I'm not able to watch with sound right now, but that looks like Days of Thunder. Plucky rookie winning races, has a big crash, fancy new driver turns up and wins instead. Previous rookie has to make a come back. There's even a shot with a barn, which looks like the secluded house of the other driver Cruise went to visit to take over his ride.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

That looks better than both the first and second films. Because they were both trash. For me, Cars is, by far, the poorest Pixar movie.

As someone who's watched it a few dozen times with the kids, I wouldn't say the first one is that bad. Cars is certainly easy to watch without the emotional manipulation that Pixar like to sprinkle in their other movies. Cars 2... less so. That one's more of a Dreamworks movie.