A great gaming track a day

Illumina! (PC-98) - Illumina - Composer Akira Sato

Whenever I hear this track I can't help but be reminded of .....

Spoiler

Gyakuten Saiban - GBA (Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (NDS)) - Questioning ~ Moderato 2001 - Composer Masakazu Sugimori

Two for the price of one!

Mime (PC-98) - Wish - Composer Hiroaki Sano

In the spoiler is a version using ......

Spoiler

.... both a Roland SC-55 external midi module and the internal Yamaha YM2608 sound chip together. I'm not the biggest fan of early midi, although the sound does have it's own charm. I prefer the sound of the YM2608 sound chip just on it's own. However, this track is the one of the few exceptions where I do like the midi arrangement as well. 

Algarna (Sharp X68000) - Mountain Of Patron - Composer Yuzo Koshiro -(Forgive the first couple of seconds of this, the Youtube time stamps haven't been executed that well).

The Curse Of Mars (Sharp X1) - BGM3 - Composer Yuzo Koshiro

This track is a couple of minutes long, but as the whole soundtrack is only about 15 minutes in total it's well listening to it all!

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Panzer Dragoon series the original composer, Saori Kobayashi, plays an "on the spot improvisation" of some of the music on the piano. There will be a few of these coming .... as I'm a pianist I'm a little biased and very much in favour of highlighting any live performance of video game music. It's rare live performances & video game music come together, especially when performed by the original composer!

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn) - Ecce Valde Generous Ale - Composer Saori Kobayashi

Groundseed (PC-98) - Shop Demo - Composer Ryu Umemoto

Sadly no longer with us, a very prolific composer who has left behind a great videogame musical legacy. It's well worth hunting down more music of his to listen to. (Espgaluda II, Mushihime-Sama, Ketsui, Nin2Jump are more recent works that you'll be familar with)