Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2

I think it sounds really promising and I'm certain when we all start playing we'll be sucked into a super immersive game world. This is Rockstar games and they're one of the best in the business, like top three for me.

• Upvote 3

This is the only game I’ve wanted to play for about a year.  I’m playing other things to fill the time, but this is the one for me. 

I’m not fussed about the online at all, and not even really bothered about the solo campaign. I just want to ride around in that world every night after work. Can’t wait. 

• Upvote 3

I found my RDR disc whilst having a sort out a few weeks ago so thought I'd try the Xbox BC.

The BC is pretty spectacular to be fair, the game does not look it's age at all. Sadly, I remembered why I stopped playing after only a few hours upon the original release as, despite the beautiful environment, the gameplay just bored me to tears - no fun at all for me.  The fortuitous disc find has at least saved me from getting hyped up and buying RDR2, which I might well have done as that environment does again look lovely..

• Upvote 4

On 23/09/2018 at 16:54, Capwn said:

Starting the 'should I be getting a 4K tv and PS4Pro for this?' conundrum in my head in the lead up to this -___-

No, The PS4 Pro won't be anything close to native 4k. You'll need a 4K TV and an Xbox One X.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Revival said:

No, The PS4 Pro won't be anything close to native 4k. You'll need a 4K TV and an Xbox One X.

Oh, so PS4 pro doesn't really do 4K? 

21 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Oh, so PS4 pro doesn't really do 4K? 

qzVWDm.gif

no no no no no...

depends on your definition. it's 4k enabled for video playback.

games, at 3840 × 2160, not so much:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/03/23/ps4-pro-4k-vs-xbox-one-s-4k-which-is-the-resolution-king/#37ee5eb530a4

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Pro_Game_Upgrades_and_Differences

18 minutes ago, SeanR said:

it's 4k enabled for video playback.

You mean streaming right? It’s worth noting that the Pro doesn’t have a 4K Blu-ray drive, but the X does. If that’s of any importance.

I have an Xbox One S and a 4K TV and Assassins Creed Origins blew me away in places. I don't think it's the resolution, more the way the game handled lighting and darkness. This is likely to be the same - a sunset through the trees, camp fires, the full moon. 

I'm 100% buying this one on day one. I loved the 360 game. It's been a while since I finished Breath of The Wild so I'm looking forward to a game set in the wilderness where you can just go anywhere. I hope that this is truly open world like Breath of The Wild. 

31 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I have an Xbox One S and a 4K TV and Assassins Creed Origins blew me away in places. I don't think it's the resolution, more the way the game handled lighting and darkness. This is likely to be the same - a sunset through the trees, camp fires, the full moon. 

I'm 100% buying this one on day one. I loved the 360 game. It's been a while since I finished Breath of The Wild so I'm looking forward to a game set in the wilderness where you can just go anywhere. I hope that this is truly open world like Breath of The Wild. 

I really hope it sacrifices some of this openness in order to create a cohesive and immersive environment instead of just a playground. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Vin said:

Woody Jackson back for the score. Aw hells to the yeah son. 

Great news.  Was listening to the score from the first game last week.  Still so good.

The hunting looks amazing.  And the snow.

I think I might even pre-order digitally.  Something I've not done since Bloodborne.  Just so I can buy it TODAY.

Edit: LOL.  £60 quid on the PSN store.  Never mind, then.

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

Great news.  Was listening to the score from the first game last week.  Still so good.

I think I might even pre-order digitally.  Something I've not done since Bloodborne.  Just so I can buy it TODAY.

My god I've just done the same "you know what? I might go digital" -> to the PSN store... £59.99

Close

Amazon

55 quid because I've paid for the fancy postage... knowing full well when my realistic brain kicks in, I'll downgrade the postage to free, oh the postage merri-go-round

games are expensive nowadays eh?

12 minutes ago, Strangelite said:

games are expensive nowadays eh?

Depends if you go digital, and if you trade your old stuff.  As digital is still over-priced, I'll go physical and probably trade Spider-Man, so I guess I'll pay £25 quid max for RDR2.

At some point you need to drop some cash, but using the play-trade circle of life I get an awful lot of gaming for my money every year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Depends if you go digital, and if you trade your old stuff.  As digital is still over-priced, I'll go physical and probably trade Spider-Man, so I guess I'll pay £25 quid max for RDR2.

At some point you need to drop some cash, but using the play-trade circle of life I get an awful lot of gaming for my money every year.

Yeah I'm a dirty boomeranger game rental user... so I save myself a flipping fortune..

Just some games (read: RDR2, and maybe fallout76) I buy because I know I'll be playing them 6 months +

3 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Admittedly it's not a huge saving but if you really wanted to go digital there's a few ways of getting cheaper funds in your PSN wallet.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards

I'm going back to finish RDR1. I did enjoy it but then it got bogged down during those Mexico missions. Always wanted to finish it but something else always came along.

2 hours ago, catinthehat said:

The above is generally the best way of doing it. However, I’ve gone digital for RDR2. Bought off the US Xbox store with some discounted US store credit from CD Keys, so it came to £40. £60 on the UK store is hilarious.

28 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

I'm going back to finish RDR1. I did enjoy it but then it got bogged down during those Mexico missions. Always wanted to finish it but something else always came along.

This is where I am in the replay I started a few years ago. I now think it might be a bit too close to RDR2 to play through what’s left...

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

Ugh, still over a month to go...

Mate, this game wasn't even a thing too long ago. I'm stoked to fuck that in a month I'll be playing Red Dead fucking Redemption 2.

• Upvote 3

Agree digial pricing is ridiculously inflated, however I went the cheap psn credit route with the recent ebay 20% off offer to still buy digital.

Going digital works out for me because my son can play the game on his PS4 & so can I. Still cheaper than two physical purchases.

Hopefully with RDR2 I'll be playing it longer than my last digital pirchase. Destiny 2.

I'm booking the Friday off work to enjoy on release day. Can't wait!

Ugh, Rockstar are pulling the same shit they done with GTA V and not announcing a PC version then releasing some months later. They want the double dip money.  Good thing I’m patient and have plenty of other games to play. 

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

Agree digial pricing is ridiculously inflated, however I went the cheap psn credit route with the recent ebay 20% off offer to still buy digital.

Going digital works out for me because my son can play the game on his PS4 & so can I. Still cheaper than two physical purchases.

Hopefully with RDR2 I'll be playing it longer than my last digital pirchase. Destiny 2

But what about the paper map? How will you get the paper map??

27 minutes ago, Pob said:

But what about the paper map? How will you get the paper map??

He's going to draw his own, old school style.

Graph paper (stolen from school, obvs) at the ready.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Fusty Gusset said:

Admittedly it's not a huge saving but if you really wanted to go digital there's a few ways of getting cheaper funds in your PSN wallet.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards

Actually, I'm tempted by this.  I'll trade Spidey for some Game store credit, use that to get some PSN credit, then top up the rest from CD-Keys.

Cheers for the link.  

• Upvote 1