rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

On 06/11/2019 at 17:10, JoeK said:

They are. You've still got that slightly weighty feel to them, but it's doesn't actively feel like it's holding you back now. 

They did patch the physics recently, it made me start playing again. 

22 hours ago, Flub said:

The online is incredibly buggy. Cripps packs up my camp at random and I swear half the time it forgets to spawn in animals.

Yeah that’s maddening. If you’re struggling to find animals, do a resupply mission - it will put you in a solo session and you can hunt to your heart’s content surrounded by wildlife. 

Also, if Cripps won’t set up a camp, try hopping into a solo session. This is why I always focus on camp stuff at the beginning of of the play session - your carcasses disappear if you session hop to get a new camp. 

3 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

They did patch the physics recently, it made me start playing again. 

Yeah that’s maddening. If you’re struggling to find animals, do a resupply mission - it will put you in a solo session and you can hunt to your heart’s content surrounded by wildlife. 

Also, if Cripps won’t set up a camp, try hopping into a solo session. This is why I always focus on camp stuff at the beginning of of the play session - your carcasses disappear if you session hop to get a new camp. 

Resupply missions are timed though. Won't it just drop me out of the solo session when the time runs out? Also how do I get into a solo session?

*Edit* Lol. Didn't realise you could scroll down the player menu

Just decided to do some hunting. Everything was going fine. Then every npc/animal in the game decided to freeze. Had to quit losing all my skins.

14 minutes ago, Flub said:

Resupply missions are timed though. Won't it just drop me out of the solo session when the time runs out? Also how do I get into a solo session?

1. Yes, but there’s no penalty for failure so you can just start another one. You can drop off carcasses at the table while on a mission. 

2. With luck, or difficulty. Many “missions” - resupply, Sale, some bounties - kick you into solo session

I'm having nothing but problems tonight. Just started up again and getting massive stuttering that I normally get only very rarely.

*Sigh* If the game hadn't charmed me so much I'd be packing it in about now. I suspect it's not making Rockstar anywhere near enough money to put much effort in either.

Top tip for new players. If you have Twitch prime you can get the Hunter license and some gold free from the Twitch rewards page.

I think I posted this before but make sure you do all or at least some of your daily challenges. If you get a streak going the multiplier is great. Currently I make 3.5 gold bars + 1.5 gold bar bonus for doing them all and there are rewards for doing your role challenges also. You can view those by scrolling right in the challenge menu. 

32 minutes ago, Pug said:

What's the online play like on this now?

Didn't enjoy it when it first went live.

Sparse, very buggy, strangely chill. I haven't bothered with any PvP. Just PVE stuff.

• Upvote 1

The thought of returning to it fills me with joy, but the realisation when actually playing can be a bit of a chore. The Map is too big and its pretty boring.

It's such a shame, as i think they did such a great job with GTA online. I still play it today, and still love it as much as i did when i first started.

I think part of the problem is the rewards. Due to the era of the game, it cant really dish out anything too fancy. In GTA online you can have guided missiles, flying bikes, yachts, the lot.  

29 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

I think part of the problem is the rewards. Due to the era of the game, it cant really dish out anything too fancy. In GTA online you can have guided missiles, flying bikes, yachts, the lot.  

As far as I'm aware Rockstar would like the game to stay as authentic as possible which sadly rules out Steampunk giant spiders and Back to the Future train. I like that aspiration though. However I do think the game needs an awful lot more activites (Both PvE and PvP). There's going to be loads of professions and things to do that they could add. The same with cosmetics. I just don't think they make enough money from the online to make it very worthwhile though.

At the very least I'd reduce the cost of fast travel significantly and place down more vendors. Every settlement of a certain size (Especially the towns) should have a the full compliment. Sometimes you have to trek for miles just to find a butcher.

Level 65 to be able to buy a fast travel point for you camp is pretty bad too. I'd negate the level requirement for that and let people buy it with gold early.

I see the game as more a "Wild west life sim" than a gta chaos engine.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:44, cohen205 said:

The thought of returning to it fills me with joy, but the realisation when actually playing can be a bit of a chore. The Map is too big and its pretty boring.

It's such a shame, as i think they did such a great job with GTA online. I still play it today, and still love it as much as i did when i first started.

Good. The rocket-spewing bikes were fun for a minute but fairly game-breaking. Stopped playing it shortly after buying one. Too much griefing  to get anything done. 

this, on the other hand, is finally shaping up to be fantastic. I love the shit out of it. The collectibles take you to really awesome random locations, great for sightseeing, the trading is super relaxing, the bounty hunting can be tense and fun. The daily challenges have me doing things I’d never think to do, and keep it super fresh. I love stalking deer along the river in big valley. Can’t wait to see what content they add.