rllmuk

That extra mini-ep of Tilly spending 45 minutes in real-time curating a playlist for some crew member, who we’ve never met but who simply adores her, while humming along and tapping her hairbrush to the tunes, was especially amazing. And then the last quarter hour where she was called on a dangerous away mission, and spent the firefight and aftermath flicking through pictures of puppies on her tricorder. Followed by the moving finale where she laughed so hard during the full-dress wake for all the fallen that a little bit of coke came down her nose. So Tilly! *

* this would be deKay’s favourite episode of anything, ever.

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, jonamok said:

That extra mini-ep of Tilly spending 45 minutes in real-time curating a playlist for some crew member, who we’ve never met but who simply adores her, while humming along and tapping her hairbrush to the tunes, was especially amazing. And then the last quarter hour where she was called on a dangerous away mission, and spent the firefight and aftermath flicking through pictures of puppies on her tricorder. Followed by the moving finale where she laughed so hard during the full-dress wake for all the fallen that a little bit of coke came down her nose. So Tilly! *

* this would be deKay’s favourite episode of anything, ever.

It really would!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

They're all under the "Trailers and More" section on Netflix. I haven't watched them myself, although I hear a couple are meant to be decent.

Ohhhh, I didn't know that! Cheers!

Two of them were decent.

Calypso was pretty good, even though I have no fucking idea how the dude got into sickbay from his ship.

On 24/04/2019 at 14:46, Moz said:

I've watched two seasons of this and only now realised I didn't know the names of most characters. Other than Pike, Spock, Saru, Tilly and Burnham you could have told me someone was called Jigglypuff and I'd probably have believed you.

Also I think I missed an episode because I had no idea who the wretched ice cream princess was.

Jigglypuff works in engineering. The real engineering. That we have never seen that presumably has a chief engineer that nobody ever talks to. Poor fuckers down there in steerage must feel so unwanted. I bet nobody even asked them if they wanted to go to the future.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Flub said:

Jigglypuff works in engineering. The real engineering. That we have never seen that presumably has a chief engineer that nobody ever talks to. Poor fuckers down there in steerage must feel so unwanted. I bet nobody even asked them if they wanted to go to the future.

It's the only Trek show where they haven't shown the warp core isn't it ? 

Stamet's mushroom cupboard seems to have taken it's place plot-wise.

Jesus, I'd never even thought about that. Maybe Reno will be the chief engineer in season 3, and we'll get an engineering set...AHAHA nah not really. Of course we won't.

1 hour ago, Ste_S said:

It's the only Trek show where they haven't shown the warp core isn't it ? 

Stamet's mushroom cupboard seems to have taken it's place plot-wise.

I assumed the warp core is the red glowy tunnel thing behind the wall in engineering. TOS had a similar setup, which makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Flub said:

I bet nobody even asked them if they wanted to go to the future.

LOL, I never really thought about that, there must be a lot of people on board, all of which just gave up the chance to ever see their families again.  For what reason, oh yeah, to help Burnham's mummy.  Fucking stupid show, it better sort itself out for season three or I am going to be most annoyed!

• Upvote 1

The bridge crew all volunteered, which at least implies that the ship can be flown with a skeleton crew so the rest of them probably didn't need to come. But no doubt their undying love for Michael Burnham and despair at the thought of being separated from Tilly drove them to their doom, even the ones they'd never met.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

which makes sense. 

I think this might be the first time anyone has used this phrase in relation to discovery 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Mogster said:

I assumed the warp core is the red glowy tunnel thing behind the wall in engineering. TOS had a similar setup, which makes sense. 

I think it is too. However Stamets definitely isn't the chief engineer. That's Jigglypuff's boss who we haven't seen yet.

15 hours ago, Huz said:

The bridge crew all volunteered, which at least implies that the ship can be flown with a skeleton crew so the rest of them probably didn't need to come. But no doubt their undying love for Michael Burnham and despair at the thought of being separated from Tilly drove them to their doom, even the ones they'd never met.

Hilariously, there were loads of bloody randoms in the finale still on the ship too!

2 hours ago, Flub said:

I think it is too. However Stamets definitely isn't the chief engineer. That's Jigglypuff's boss who we haven't seen yet.

Yep - there's a Chief Engineer we've never met (and I think we've never seen Engineering either). Stamets ends up being the go to guy for anything (even though he's SporeGuy)...unless it's Translator Issue when you take Burnham. 

There's also the Chief Medical Officer we see every now and again. But most times it's Culber that's present. (Like when Burnham was on that planet dying) - they didn't send the top doctor to help her...because...

New Eden:

DISCOVERY DOING DOUGHNUTS FUCK YES

Tilly incredible again with her dead imaginary friend.

And a proper Trek story! No angry Klingons and blood and guts! They even used TNG incidental music.

More like this pls thx 

• Upvote 1

On 25/04/2019 at 18:05, Huz said:

I might not be remembering this correctly but what I don't quite understand is how Spock, Pike and Tyler

Spoiler

all convince Starfleet that Discovery was destroyed in the fight against Control, yet a suspiciously high number of Discovery's crew all hotfooted it to the Enterprise in the middle of the battle and survived. Presumably those hundreds of people are all sworn to silence about Burnham and Discovery as well?

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Tilly incredible again with her dead imaginary friend.

At this point you must be on the wind up.

It's working. I badly want to insult you.

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 2

8 hours ago, jcafarley said:

Yeah, about that....

There isn't any more like this? :(

• Empathy 1

7 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

At this point you must be on the wind up.

It's working. I badly want to insult you.

No, she's silly, and really clever and awkward and fun and has the best hair. Her bursting onto the bridge in essentially her nightie was great. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyboy said:

What? Guys, I think we might need to stage an intervention.

You know when you see past all of a girl's obvious failings because you really fancy her?

I think someone has a crush.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

There isn't any more like this? :(

It begins.

3 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

You know when you see past all of a girl's obvious failings because you really fancy her?

I think someone has a crush.

She is weirdly attractive.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

I had really high hopes for the season after New Eden. I felt it was going to turn into Star Trek again. I feel sad remembering that now :(

• Upvote 1

Yep. It's like they needed to chill with the budget a bit after that season opener, so made something that was... Star Trek.

I still liked it up until episode five or so, and then it was just like... wow. How can a show drop like a brick in quality so hard? (Blame Kurtzman taking the reins after that episode)

• Upvote 1

Klingon baby episode was surprisingly uneventful. Saw the Section 31 thing a mile off though.

Episode with the sphere after it was great. Saru now looks like he just needs to beef up and kick some arse.

Reno and Stamets are fantastic together. Whole thing with them and Tilly trapped in engineering was brilliant. Tilly’s hair after getting frazzled :wub:

Number One and Pike throwing pre-shade on Scotty was funny. More reverting back to TOSness with Pike banning holograms too.