Nathan Wind

Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

for the sake of space, i use my ngcd pads with my AES, rather than my two sticks, which kinda defeats the purpose, but its all good.

The street fighter 5 stick turned up, I have removed all the insides, removed 4 buttons and added 4 blanks. now waiting for the Siemitsu SS stick to show up then I will do the wiring.

pics to come.

21 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

An AES, an MVS or an FFS? Tough choice.

I want an MVS Robo Army at a decent price.

I’ve got a whole truck of FFS right now.

didnt you have Robo already?

I haven't bought a homecart in about three or four months I don't think. Really fancy a kabuki klash or savage reign. Both about £260 though

My issue is I’ve (as I probably stated before) reached the limit of AES games that are sub £100. Well the ones that are any good. Bad as it is I’ve been tempted with World Fighters 2/Jet on occasions. Not stooped to the Soccer games though. 

I am full of so much regret that I sold the likes of Thrash Rally and Blazing Star when my 3rd AES died. 

18 hours ago, super_quincy said:

My issue is I’ve (as I probably stated before) reached the limit of AES games that are sub £100. Well the ones that are any good. Bad as it is I’ve been tempted with World Fighters 2/Jet on occasions. Not stooped to the Soccer games though. 

I am full of so much regret that I sold the likes of Thrash Rally and Blazing Star when my 3rd AES died. 

Lots of good titles in the 300 range

Lb1, ss4, KOF 2002, RB2, RBS, 

• Upvote 1

Apparently the later 3-6 revision home system motherboards have the headphone jack L/R reversed. I'll be testing this later on and swapping scart cable pins accordingly. They did fix it eventually though. Hmm

On 13/02/2018 at 13:22, kernow said:

Apparently the later 3-6 revision home system motherboards have the headphone jack L/R reversed. I'll be testing this later on and swapping scart cable pins accordingly. They did fix it eventually though. Hmm

I’m going to have to check what revision my Neos are. One is certainly newer than the other, but I still haven’t got round to fixing the sound. 

It's actually really difficult to tell without headphones. I'm just going to alter the scart cable if it's the case though. 

SS1 blew my 15yr old mind on release. Then you'd go home and play your SNES version and cry etc

98 - first year of uni, I didn't even realise there was a sequel to samurai showdown until then. The last advert I saw over here was kof96 in a magazine in the dentist's. Amazed me they were still making games for it. 

I originally got into it via MVS and the local arcade which constantly cycled through about 40 MVS games in their multi slots.

Never saw a home system until I owned one, there was always rumours about the rich kid down the road owning one. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone who saw neo games running in the arcade knew how ridiculous they looked at the time. It really was like being a whole generation ahead.