Nathan Wind

Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Been playing some LB2 and RB2 on the neo in 480p via the OSSC. Even though my LCD TV was pretty good with SD over scart, it's incredible over this - properly aligned with CRT scan lines and no lag at all. Best coin I've ever spent. 

One really cheap on eBay right now too. Latest model 

20 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just accepted a friend request from the guy who was responsible for marketing and distribution of the neo in the UK. Woo? 

Tell him he did a terrible job! ;)

On 17/12/2017 at 00:16, kernow said:

Been playing some LB2 and RB2 on the neo in 480p via the OSSC. Even though my LCD TV was pretty good with SD over scart, it's incredible over this - properly aligned with CRT scan lines and no lag at all. Best coin I've ever spent. 

One really cheap on eBay right now too. Latest model 

this one?

42 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just accepted a friend request from the guy who was responsible for marketing and distribution of the neo in the UK. Woo? 

ask him if it's some kind of long game... that he's sitting on a load of stock that he trickles in the channels.

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

ask him if it's some kind of long game... that he's sitting on a load of stock that he trickles in the channels.

Well there certainly does appear to be more AES games on ebay than were ever made.....

It must be the only explanation.

49 minutes ago, kernow said:

Hard as hell not to crack the inner casing on the old style cases. I have no cracks in mine though :)

Thats because you purchase two, make a good one out of them and flog the leftovers on fleabay! ;) 

4 minutes ago, KriessG said:

@SeanR Do feel free to PM me when you sell it all next year ;)

He is amassing some decent games. Should be a great fire sale.

i have first dibs on his OSSC, which he doesn't have yet but will. 

On 12/16/2017 at 22:46, kernow said:

Aof2 is ridiculous

It's very pattern/rote learning-based and somewhat sussable. I used to be able to get to Geese but doubt I could anymore!

• Upvote 1

Im sure you've all got this but if not its an absolutely incredible book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neogeo-Visual-History-Bitmap-Books/dp/0995658641/ref=sr_1_1/257-0526338-2120125?ie=UTF8&qid=1515077297&sr=8-1&keywords=neogeo+a+visual+history

Reading it last night I had no idea a sequel to MOTW was in production in 2005 and got canned, here is a little grab of the finished sprites and new characters.

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 14.50.31.png

I am interested to know which sticks you are all using, I was never a fan of the original sticks, even back in the day I sacrificed two Neo sticks to make my own sticks.

cirrently I have two of the kidney shaped Neo CD sticks but am planning to make a really nice one out of a Mad Catz arcade stick and a Seimitsu LS30, buttons .... undecided but think I prefer Seimitsu.

for the sake of space, i use my ngcd pads with my AES, rather than my two sticks, which kinda defeats the purpose, but its all good.

The street fighter 5 stick turned up, I have removed all the insides, removed 4 buttons and added 4 blanks. now waiting for the Siemitsu SS stick to show up then I will do the wiring.

pics to come.