Robo_1

The ZX Spectrum Next - Kickstarter Now Live! : Now Funded!

24 minutes ago, deKay said:

Sure, but is it possible it's the same issue? Raspberry Pis had it too. Perhaps there's a common flaw that drivers keep missing.

Again an excuse. A simple check before they were green lighted and shipped would have easily caught this problem.

10 minutes ago, ulala said:

Again an excuse. A simple check before they were green lighted and shipped would have easily caught this problem.

I'm not making an excuse, I'm genuinely wondering if there's a consistent "gotcha" with HDMI, or perhaps specific chipsets, that keeps being overlooked.

Just now, deKay said:

I'm not making an excuse, I'm genuinely wondering if there's a consistent "gotcha" with HDMI, or perhaps specific chipsets, that keeps being overlooked.

What sort of "gotcha" would let things ship without one person saying, you know what Pete, why don't we test a couple before we send it?

24 minutes ago, ulala said:

What sort of "gotcha" would let things ship without one person saying, you know what Pete, why don't we test a couple before we send it?

Maybe there's a quirk you have to implement to make it chat nicely with certain other kit? Some sort of handshaking thing perhaps.

I don't know. I just thought it odd there's at least four disparate devices that all had similar issues. Five, maybe - I think my MacBook Pro had a similar issue in Windows 7, although that could be something else.

On 02/01/2018 at 21:03, hat said:

The day HDMI is superseded I'll be a happy man.

Well, it's better than SCART. 

Is anyone interested in buying a Next pledge? I went for the Accelerated one which has all the features of the Plus version (RTC, Wi-Fi), plus the Raspberry Pi Zero accelerator plugged into the accelerator port.  Paid £240 for it. Would be looking for Paypal gift or BT.

I've looked into the details and all I would need do is change the pledge address details.  If for some reason it appeared at my house I'd just post it on!

• Upvote 1