chris on the moon

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

40 minutes ago, Nick R said:

No Everything in its Right Place? :o

The opening synth would likely give me goosebumps in a live setting, they do that incredible live, but the rest of the track doesn't do much for me. Similar to the live versions of Let Down I've been listening to, it's very evocative at the beginning, maybe it'd be worth hearing them both live just for the opening synth or chords giving an immediate rush. 

It is one of life's enduring mysteries, how those so fond of The Bends can't find anything of their later stuff to enjoy. Tbh I struggle with the concept they're 'miserable'. I rewatched the 2003 Jonathan Ross interview again, that perception seems to come from when you just compare them with the outwardly happy music, as though when you cross into the mainstream you abide by those rules. There's plenty of genuinely dour bands who lack the creativity, variety and sense of fun of Radiohead. Not to dismiss the depth of Radiohead's music, but it's the best melancholic pop, and clearly uplifting rather than dour, not easy, they're so musically creative, they've never become a parody of themselves, they've just accepted it's what they do, and continue to evolve naturally retaining the musicality. I think Bjork has been more experimental in her last two albums in terms of unorthodox time signatures, her voice and the music being at odds, it's more avant garde. Not like it matters. 

• Upvote 2

On 6 November 2016 at 10:16, cerseis eyebrows said:

Dream set list;

Planet Telex

The Bends

High and Dry

Fake Plastic Trees

Bones

Just

My Iron Lung

Black Star

Sulk

Creep

Encore 

The Bends

Creep

Needs some Fog. I'd also like some True Love Waits - but not the MSP album version. And Killer Cars.

On 04/11/2016 at 10:10, Broken Richie said:

there was no waste presale this time. We're a long way from the no logo tent tour aren't we.

Just seen this; we got standing tickets for Manchester because of the waste presale. Didn't realise others had issues getting tickets but we got them a day (or two?) early and it was a piece of piss. Sorry to hear people missed out; I thought all went well for people wanting tickets. 

After buying all the albums, EP's, a handful of singles and 2 solo albums by Thom Yorke I finally today got The King of Limbs. I bought it last because I was under the impression that it's not well regarded. Maybe I misunderstood but I love it! It's been on repeat for the last 2 hours :wub:.

• Upvote 1

More tickets seem to be available

Following the enforced cancellation of their two dates at Manchester Arena on 4th & 5th July, Radiohead will now play Manchester Emirates Old Trafford (home of Lancashire County Cricket Club) on Tuesday 4 July.

Additional tickets will go on sale at 10:00AM BST tomorrow, Saturday 17th June.

Please see W.A.S.T.E. HQ for all ticket details.