Nintendo Switch

12 minutes ago, deKay said:

As my Online is up for renewal, and my daughter is likely to get a Switch with Pokezman and Animal Crossing and ting in the relatively near future, where's the cheapest family online account at the moment?

I would like to know this also. How are you going to transition from one to the other, just cancel auto renewal? 

1 hour ago, sir stiff_one said:

Oh my lord there appears to be online multiplayer on the SNES games with friends

Hopefully SMK is so I can destroy @skittles just like the good old days!

17 minutes ago, deKay said:

As my Online is up for renewal, and my daughter is likely to get a Switch with Pokezman and Animal Crossing and ting in the relatively near future, where's the cheapest family online account at the moment?

Here I think https://www.shopto.net/en/ndo10001830-nintendo-switch-online-12-month-365-day-p61002/

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Have you tried Fitness Boxing? It's excellent and there's a demo on the eshop.

I haven't actually. Any good? I didn't think it was an official Nintendo offering. It reminds me a bit of Wii Boxing which was not really the best part of Wii Sports.

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Just had a go at F-Zero. Christ allmighty I’m terrible at it now. I can’t remember it being this fast. It went well for the first couple of courses but when I got to the Death wind course I died. I was flung all over the place and struggled to do the hairpin turns while compensating for the wind.

While F-Zero ran smoothly, Ghosts n Goblins had some terrible framedrops at times, making it even harder. I hope this isn’t a general emulation issue.

Was replying to this :D

While waiting for midnight I fired up Lumines, had not played it since the first month of release. Patch came out that has fixed the stutter when changing songs. But what struck me was hd rumble. 

I cannot remember the HD rumble being so good in it (playing portable with Joycons attached). Really added to the experience rumbling with the music/changing per song. Headphones + HD rumble it was bliss... I guess they patched an update to improve rumble? I cannot remember it being this good. 

15 minutes ago, Chopsocky said:

I haven't actually. Any good? I didn't think it was an official Nintendo offering. It reminds me a bit of Wii Boxing which was not really the best part of Wii Sports.

Yeah it's great for burning a few calories and toning up. It's by Imagineer but published by Nintendo. It's not like Wii Boxing at all, it's an out and out fitness app - perhaps give the demo a try? 

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah it's great for burning a few calories and toning up. It's by Imagineer but published by Nintendo. It's not like Wii Boxing at all, it's an out and out fitness app - perhaps give the demo a try? 

Sure. I'll give it a go!

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I couldn't download the SNES app from the main latest release part of shop, had to go into the nintendo online section on the left hand menu to be able to

It was a little finicky for me too, when I clicked on it in latest it told me I had to have a membership(which I have) and there was no download to click. I had to click on membership options and then go back, then I had the option to download :) 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

It was a little finicky for me too, when I clicked on it in latest it told me I had to have a membership(which I have) and there was no download to click. I had to click on membership options and then go back, then I had the option to download :) 

This happened to me too.

I said something similar when Virtua Racing came out on Switch but if Nintendo got M2 to give Stunt Race FX the same treatment, it would be received just as well. As things stand I’m trading on nostalgia for Aqua Tunnel alone and it’s still a welcome reunion with the 4WD (not so much the 2WD). This bond cannot be broken by frame rates.

PS. My former Super Tennis skills are MIA.

3 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

PS. My former Super Tennis skills are MIA.

I could hardly return the ball in super tennis, I used to be good at it.

Still bullseyed the first couple of Pilotwings parachute landings though - just playing it made me happy but sad, its crying out for nice bright 60fps HD new game on the switch.

17 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Can you do it before your current one ends though?

You can, but if you switch to a family membership it essentially replaces your single user one - so you only really want to change type when you are near the end or you'll lose whatever you have left.

BLOT: You get 12 months of family from whenever you enter the code, it won't stack or add-on to the end of a single-user membership.