rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, NEG said:

Where'd you order?

Shopto for Astral Chain, Smyths for Links Awakening and The Game Collection for Witcher 3. I had £7 credit there, so it only cost me £35.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Shopto for Astral Chain, Smyths for Links Awakening and The Game Collection for Witcher 3. I had £7 credit there, so it only cost me £35.

The sums work out.

• Upvote 1

£80 for the limited edition? Crikey, I assume that is roughly the going rate these days for limited editions.  Think it'll be standard only for me but I would love that book :(. Not sure what I'd want the tin for. 

Edit - £70 from Smyth's.....more tempted. 

The Game Collection have some good pre order price currently (5% off under £75, 10% off over £75)- I just ordered Pokemon Sword, Luigis Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Mario Maker 2 for £36 each.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

The Game Collection have some good pre order price currently (5% off under £75, 10% off over £75)- I just ordered Pokemon Sword, Luigis Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Mario Maker 2 for £36 each.

Do they charge now or upon dispatch?

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Do they charge now or upon dispatch?

Usually a couple of days before dispatch, their website I think say's they wait until they have them in stock

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Better than nothing! I'll grab it on pay day

I was contemplating this, does it actually help towards fitness or is it actually a game?

51 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Usually a couple of days before dispatch, their website I think say's they wait until they have them in stock

Cheers. Looking at it, though, the two games I'd be interested in pre-ordering (Link's Awakening and DQXI) are both £45+, so I'll see if I can get them for sub-£40.

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Cheers. Looking at it, though, the two games I'd be interested in pre-ordering (Link's Awakening and DQXI) are both £45+, so I'll see if I can get them for sub-£40.

The best price i've seen for the second game is £39.85 at shopto if that's of much use :) 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Luseth said:

(Re: Fitness Boxing)

I was contemplating this, does it actually help towards fitness or is it actually a game?

FWIW I picked this up a few weeks ago and (particularly as a fairly unfit bastard) it's great for a workout, and definitely aimed at that. You can select one-off workouts yourself and/or set it to provide a daily workout for a range of durations. It's not exactly AAA production value stuff, and the music selection is limited, but if you're looking for something to incentivise you to get regular home workouts in, this will do the job.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

2019-2020.jpg

Jesus, there are at least 16 games in that list I really want, plus the ones I have already and the Indies I have also earmarked that aren't listed there. 

Yeah 2019 has been poor for the Switch. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Jesus, there are at least 16 games in that list I really want, plus the ones I have already and the Indies I have also earmarked that aren't listed there. 

Yeah 2019 has been poor for the Switch. 

I’m back in to BOTW, reckon I might finally be done in 2020.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Luseth said:

It's not a game, and yes it really helps.

• Upvote 1

Not seeing them on that release list, but the remasters of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale all come out for Switch on 24 September, which is four days after Link's Awakening and three days before Dragon Quest 11. Slow this shit down, please!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Not seeing them on that release list, but the remasters of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale all come out for Switch on 24 September, which is four days after Link's Awakening and three days before Dragon Quest 11. Slow this shit down, please!

If they did that the accusation that the switch has no games would start again though :)

On 12/06/2019 at 09:29, Ran said:

As per the E3 thread Nintendo have exposed my weakness and inflicted massive damage once again! I am one of you now, is it worth me picking up the pro controller? Main focus will be Zelda and Mario Odyssey for the time being.

I find the Joycons much more precise for aiming etc in Zelda than the Pro controller, due to the shorter length of the sticks. And I put around 300 hours into it.

Plus the Joycons allow you to play in split mode, which is the best controller experience ever, frankly.

The Pro is a useful spare to have on hand, but the Joycons are far superior I think.

• Upvote 2

I find my shovel hands can’t hold the individual joycon comfortably. Do you use them with or without the shoulder rails on?

I got on ok with the joycon grip but the Pro controller is definitely best for me. 

• Upvote 1