deKay

Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I don't think you guys understand that this doesn't actually somehow disprove the point that plenty of games have been announced waaaaay in advance. :lol:

Nintendo would like to announce games closer to release but they ain't only doing that are they.

Nobody said that's all they're doing.

17 minutes ago, deKay said:

Nobody said that's all they're doing.

I didn't say that's all they're doing either. :lol:

I said they could very well have other titles in the pipeline, ready for an E3 unveiling. You're the one who brought up the "Nintendo only announces games half a year in advance" bollocks which clearly doesn't hold up. I don't know why that's still thrown around on places like this or Era. As soon as companies announce games by ways of logo's or whatever you know for a fact it won't see the light of day for a very long time. So even though Nintendo would prefer to announce games closer to release, history has proven they aren't doing that.

I'm not arguing they don't have more unknown projects in the works, I'm simply pointing out that which isn't true. That plus I'm bummed out with the current known release schedule as it isn't looking too hot*. 

Spoiler

In mY OpiNIOn

6 minutes ago, VN1X said:

You're the one who brought up the "Nintendo only announces games half a year in advance" bollocks which clearly doesn't hold up.

I wasn't. But they often do.

2 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Anyway, the dead and buried game Nintendo are bringing back is apparently Scalebound. That'd sure be something.

I said that jokingly, surely that ain't true.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stanley said:

Nah, I mean if it was salvageable MS wouldn't have dropped it when their first party release schedule was threadbare.

I'd have a lot more faith in Nintendo being able to salvage it than Microsoft.

26 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

I'd have a lot more faith in Nintendo being able to salvage it than Microsoft.

Why's that? 

2 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Why's that? 

Nintendo have a long track record of successful collaborations with other companies and they already have a great relationship with Platinum. They also know a thing or two about making great games so can actually provide meaningful support. Microsoft on the other hand has a piss poor track record.

• Upvote 7

Platinum have prior for rebooting a long delayed and cancelled project, although it was someone else’s in the case of Metal Gear (Solid) Rising.

20 hours ago, Stanley said:

Mario Maker 2, Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, Bayonetta 3 (tentative), Astral Chain, DQXI, DQB2, Doom Eternal, MKXI, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Pokemon.

I mean, come on now, that's a good line up, and it's far from complete.

This whole conversation started with VN1X bemoaning the known release list, and as he stated he much prefers playing multiplatform games on other platforms, what is left for him to get excited for? He got his answer and with the known facts can make as an informed decision on where to spend his hype energy budget.

As it looks now I've only got Astral Chain to look forward to so I'm hoping that will deliver! :)

Hype Thrusters: Charging

37 minutes ago, VN1X said:

As it looks now I've only got Astral Chain to look forward to so I'm hoping that will deliver! :)

If you like the look of Astral Chain, then surely there's a wee-spark of interest in Bayo 3 as well.... #doublehype

I believe the Hori has no HD rumble or gyro but I could be wrong. Pro Controller is my favourite ever controller, just fits great in my paws. XB1 is my next fave which is better in some ways but Pro material and feel is so good. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rgraves said:

If you like the look of Astral Chain, then surely there's a wee-spark of interest in Bayo 3 as well.... #doublehype

Yeah I'll be hype once we know it's 2019.