deKay

Nintendo Switch

I was always wondering why Nintendo never released official SNES or NES themed joycons. I guess this is why. I’m sure we’ll see SNES controllers with the rail released next year along with a SNES library.

Well, this NES stuff has been an instant hit in our house. My kids were like "it's Mario Run!" when I put Mario World on. The phrase "old games are hard" was used a lot too, they're really not used to the concept of dying all the time, and the point being to get slightly higher scores each time. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

When I go on ‘back up save data’ it just says backup pending and sticks at 0%. The only cloud save is for Mario Odyssey and that was done automatically. I’ve not even put the cart in for weeks.

What am I missing here?

Same here. All been sat on Pending all night, except Mario which I backed up manually. Can’t back up anything now,

6 hours ago, Isaac said:

I don't get why you'd buy this when there's a whole collection coming out in a few months including this and 19 other games.

Did you not see it was Sonic the Hedgehog?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Isaac said:

SNES controller icons have been datamined from the 6.0 patch, I'd be very surprised if we don't see SNES emulation next year.

tenor.gif?itemid=6175133

• Upvote 1

How are SNES controllers going to slide onto the Switch? Won't the shoulder buttons get in the way?

I'm thinking the shoulder segments will be detachable, like the current joycon grips.

I must say, I'm not a fan of the input latency.

2 minutes ago, Fallows said:

How are SNES controllers going to slide onto the Switch? Won't the shoulder buttons get in the way?

The same way joycons work now I suppose with adapted slide grip things.

9 hours ago, Isaac said:

SNES controller icons have been datamined from the 6.0 patch, I'd be very surprised if we don't see SNES emulation next year.

There's already SNES emulation this year -

21 hours ago, VN1X said:

Fornite v-bucks bundle on the way.

Okay that’s Christmas sorted. Is it likely that this will be discounted come Black Friday?  

Has Fortnite had a Physical Release yet?

3 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

Okay that’s Christmas sorted. Is it likely that this will be discounted come Black Friday?  

Fortnite is free though isn't it?

For that reason I can't see a physical release being especially likely/profitable. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

There's virtually no chance of discounts as it is like shit off a shovel, with two of the biggest series in the entire industry just about to release new games. 

35 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

I would recommend you get a switch with another game, and just download fortnite for free. 

This offer for a Switch + Zelda for under £280 may still be available:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-279-ao-for-new-customers-3048555

38 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Fortnite is free though isn't it?

It is...? :blink: :huh: :blush:

38 minutes ago, Mike S said:

For that reason I can't see a physical release being especially likely/profitable. 

Yeah. I understand that. My son wants to play Fortnite and I am so out of touch. 

• Empathy 2

5 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

I would recommend you get a switch with another game, and just download fortnite for free. 

This offer for a Switch + Zelda for under £280 may still be available:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-with-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-279-ao-for-new-customers-3048555

Thanks. That makes sense. I’ll look out for Black Friday deals and then download fortnight for free!

I've had my Switch since launch, and I still smile a little at the sound when you slide the joycons onto the console.  Not so much when used at the start of promos, but when doing this, it is my favourite console sound ever.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, deKay said:

But they’re all set to automatically upload. I thought automatic would mean automatic. Silly me.

It will do them, it'll get around to it either when the save is next updated (that forces it), or when it's sitting in sleep mode doing nothing else - while you have the unit turned on and playing, it won't just go right ahead and sync immediately.

Leave it on sleep overnight and there's a good chance they'll all be done in the morning for example. From then on, each time a save is updated, it will automatically do the cloud one as well in the background.

EDIT: Some folks are reporting that to get it going it's best to turn the switch off then on again the first time - so reboot and see if everything picks up from there.

26 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I've had my Switch since launch, and I still smile a little at the sound when you slide the joycons onto the console.  Not so much when used at the start of promos, but when doing this, it is my favourite console sound ever.

I think the GameCube’s startup jingles are my favourite ever, but I do love that little click, and the way that side of the screen lights up in the colour of the joycon. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

I think the GameCube’s startup jingles are my favourite ever, but I do love that little click, and the way that side of the screen lights up in the colour of the joycon. 

Love the GC startup and all the alternatives with the diiferent button presses.

Having the Mario pack with 2 red Joycons I didn't realise they lit up in the colour of the different controllers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

It will do them, it'll get around to it either when the save is next updated (that forces it), or when it's sitting in sleep mode doing nothing else - while you have the unit turned on and playing, it won't just go right ahead and sync immediately.

Leave it on sleep overnight and there's a good chance they'll all be done in the morning for example. From then on, each time a save is updated, it will automatically do the cloud one as well in the background.

EDIT: Some folks are reporting that to get it going it's best to turn the switch off then on again the first time - so reboot and see if everything picks up from there.

I did a reboot and it backed up one more game. So I rebooted again. It again added one more game. Each reboot after that has added nothing.

I left it in the dock overnight and nothing backed up.

54 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

I did a reboot and it backed up one more game. So I rebooted again. It again added one more game. Each reboot after that has added nothing.

I left it in the dock overnight and nothing backed up.

Not sure what's going on with yours then. I just left mine in the dock overnight and this morning they are all backed up.

I take it the 'backup to cloud now' manual option is working for you if you do that for an individual save?

2 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

My previous favourite, but that sliding the joy-con in sound is just so satisfying.

44 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Not sure what's going on with yours then. I just left mine in the dock overnight and this morning they are all backed up.

I take it the 'backup to cloud now' manual option is working for you if you do that for an individual save?

I had to go in and do them all individually to get all my saves backed up first time. Seems to do auto backups of whatever I play now. 

Was a bit of a pain, but also found some old games and demos I could delete, so saved a bit of space too. 

After a night on sleep mode, mine's randomly backed up three of my games and has set all the others to pending, so I can't back them up manually but nor does it show any signs of actually intending to upload them. Great work.

Ghosts & Goblins isn't as good as the Master System version, but I love it regardless. Regardless of it screwing me over and over with it's difficulty, that is.

• Upvote 1