Bojangle

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Open World Free Running

The Mirror's Edge Twitter and Facebook just had this posted on them, so it looks like they're gearing up for a full gameplay reveal this E3. They've previously said the game will release early 2016, but we know so little about the game, that maybe a surprise 2015 release isn't completely out of the question.

11212708_395409033981200_8531895415059008521_o.png

Early Concept Footage + Developers talking rubbish at E3 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb60vP2PHaw

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally happening. :omg:

• Upvote 2

:omg:

Despite its deep flaws I absolutely loved Mirror's Edge. Loved the concept, loved the saturated colours picked out among the bright white concrete of the cityscape, loved the soft pitter-patter of plimsoled feet & especially loved the amazing soundtrack by Solar Fields. In its best moments it was an almost transcendent experience but those moments were too few, so a sequel that builds upon the foundations laid down by the first game could be something special. I'd be ecstatic if they could fulfil the concept's potential.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, a video of some protoype or other. Doesn't necessarily say anything about the final game because it was REALLY early. So you could argue that we haven't actually seen it yet.

Come on guys, you should all know by now that it goes rumour, leaked, confirmed, announced, teaser, trailer, released, patched, patched, patched.

I'm all for no guns. Done that in my first playthrough of Mirror's Edge with the exception that one bit you had to snipe someone.

What bit was that? There was no point you HAD to snipe someone. My first play through was completely gun free, you know there is an achievement for it?

-A8JhQ==.jpg

You had to snipe the truck.

I hope this is good, there were some concerning statements about streamlining the parkour earlier.

If it just becomes Assassins Creed style "hold L1+A to auto-parkour between fistfights" then that seems to be a spectacular missing of the point.

• Upvote 1

You have to snipe the truck.

Yeah, I remeber that bit. You don't have to actually snipe someone though? You shoot the fuel tank? (Might be misremembering) I suppose it doesn't make a difference, you still use the gun and kill people...

It's not a sequel, it's a reboot. A fancy remake of the first maybe?

Hello everyone,

Two years ago we revealed that we were making a new Mirror’s Edge™. Last year, we gave you a behind the scenes look into some of the early progress we had made. And though we haven't said much else in all that time, we have been listening. Thank you for your incredible passion and your patience. I'm excited to tell you that it's paid off — by this time next week, you will have finally seen more of the game at E3.

Mirror’s Edge has always had a special place in the hearts of all of us at DICE. The first game had a lot of promise. It was unlike anything else in terms of the gameplay and style — it had a unique soul. But as much as we loved that game, we knew it could be more. So that’s what we have set out to do as we introduce Mirror’s Edge to a new generation.

The team has spent a lot of time re-evaluating every aspect of the game and making it a new experience. This is not a sequel, this is not Mirror's Edge 2. We have landed on a vision that honors the first game — pushing the boundaries of first person movement and diving deeper into the story behind our heroine Faith — but also brings a lot of great new, interesting gameplay and features to the experience for our players.

So on behalf on the entire team here at DICE, we can’t wait to show you what we have been pouring our heart and soul into. We can’t wait to introduce you to Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst.

Sara Jansson
Senior Producer, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst