Orko

Resident Evil Zero Remaster due early 2016

From IGN:

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster will launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016, Capcom revealed today.

The announcement, spotted via Dengeki Online, doesnt detail pricing information, editions or launch information for regions other than Japan. Hints of its existence surfaced in December when a Biohazard Zero game icon appeared on Capcom's Japanese site.

Zero was okay, apart from David Bowie in a bath robe and the leeches. I felt it was where the story started going from hokey horror into just plain shit and weird. Would still prefer a proper remaster of 2, although that would require some actual work on capcom's part. Maybe one day, eh?

I too played the shit out of REmake and Zero.

Maybe they'll actually put some effort into this one tho- bwhwhahahahahahaha!

Another no-effort remaster like the RE1 one then?

This is what Capcom do now.

"HD remasters of our catalogue hit titles will be one of our key business activities ... [digital sales] created new demand for these titles. For example, overseas download sales of "Resident Evil" (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far higher than we expected."

"It is not a risk but rather the growth of the download sales channel gives users more options. We regard this as growth in opportunities to have allow access for more people to enjoy our games."

At least I know I can hold out a bit then not having to worry about borrowing my mates GC anymore to play both of these as they passed me by entirely, having not owned a GC at any point. Having said that, I don't have a new gen console either so I guess I'll continue the waiting game. I haven't even played RE4 yet, what is wrong with me.

I really enjoyed Zero. The level design on the train at the start, especially, was great, but then things set on trains are always great.

Apart from that I can't remember a huge amount the game. Wasn't there a giant centipede thing?

Hopefully they'll integrate online co-op instead of switching back and forth.

• Upvote 2

I always gave up after the bit after the train cos i kept dieing. I remember a mate playing through the game when i was busy with something, i remember hearing monkey noises...

This is what Capcom do now.

Just a pity they seem incapable of picking the right games to give the treatment. I'd buy the shit out of power stone and it'd take them about 5 minutes to make it.

• Upvote 1

"HD remasters of our catalogue hit titles will be one of our key business activities ... [digital sales] created new demand for these titles. For example, overseas download sales of "Resident Evil" (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far higher than we expected."

- Everyone loves remake.

- Zero won't do as well because it's a bit shit.

- The HD remake train stops.

Same exact thing as on the GC when Capcom promised us Resi 2 and 3 remakes.

The train section is good. The rest is a bit poor to be honest. All I remember from the second part of the game is a man in a white robe and annoying leeches. monkey noises rings a bell but I can't remember the context.

I only played Zero once but I only played REMake once until the re-release in January and I remembered tons of that. Zero simply wasn't very inspired.

The original news article on Famitsu says that Biohazard Zero HD remaster was announced during a press event organized to reveal the Resident Evil 6 Pachislot machine (Pachinko-slotmachine hypercombo). Funny that the pachinko machine is the bigger news story over there

Resident Evil Zero is brilliant. Doesn't deserve the bad rep.

The train section is classic Resident Evil. The centipede, scorpion, bat boss all memorable. The mansion section is not as strong, and the leechman is a bit hokey, but nowhere near as bad as the series became and a ton better than Revelations. The monkey enemies were a great addition. Sure, it was a lesser entry in the series, but it's still at least as good as Resi 3: Nemesis. And as the last classic Resi it deserves a wider audience.

I might even rate it above Code Veronica...

• Upvote 2

Resident Evil Zero is brilliant. Doesn't deserve the bad rep.

The train section is classic Resident Evil. The centipede, scorpion, bat boss all memorable. The mansion section is not as strong, and the leechman is a bit hokey, but nowhere near as bad as the series became and a ton better than Revelations. The monkey enemies were a great addition. Sure, it was a lesser entry in the series, but it's still at least as good as Resi 3: Nemesis. And as the last classic Resi it deserves a wider audience.

I might even rate it above Code Veronica...

The proto tyrant was brill I enjoyed that battle.

The frogman and the frog spawn bloke were terrible though. Assuming the same concept artist who designed those designed Billy.

Said this at the time but it would have been way cooler to have Rebecca and another member of the stars team as main characters.

Probably deserves it's own thread but has anyone been following the Resident Evil Facebook page over the last number of days? it seems they finally come to the conclusion that a huge number of people want a REmake style update of the second game. Seems likely it might actually happen.

11802762_1012373105450243_64385113640193

Hello RE fans! This is H again!
Right after the RE HD Remaster project was finished, I actually started putting together my ideas for this "RE2 Project". So, I just brushed it up and went to see my boss to present the basic concept of the project already
  • Upvote 2

I don't tend to engage with social media that way but for resident evil 2 hd REmake I made an exception (and whined about a Dragons Dogma PC port while I was at it).

Absolutely loved the remake of RE1 on the Gamecube, then on the Wii and I've just completed it 8 times on the PS4 to get the Platinum. Bringing my completion time down to around 2 hours (I think that's good, stop laughing if it isn't, lol).

I think they did a great job on it and will jump on any subsequent remakes, as I absolutely love Resident Evil. Though nothing will ever compare to Resident Evil 1 for me. Could play number 1 over and over.

I feel that way about Resident Evil 2, I really want a remake but the original hasn't aged in my eyes. The characters, locations, soundtrack, and pacing were all perfect. I just want them to expand on those elements. Introducing something like the Lisa storyline in Resident Evil 2 could be excellent, maybe expand on Chief Irons or something similar.

• Upvote 1