Elseb

The Sega Dreamcast appreciation thread

Seems the right place for this, I've got an unopened white VMU I just found in some stuff if anyone wants it, the box is a bit dented but I guess it still works (or can be made to work? i don't know). Anyway drop me  PM and I'll stick it in the post.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Seems the right place for this, I've got an unopened white VMU I just found in some stuff if anyone wants it, the box is a bit dented but I guess it still works (or can be made to work? i don't know). Anyway drop me  PM and I'll stick it in the post.

PM'd. 

11 hours ago, Mars said:

Holy shit :omg::blink:

How did it all go?

We moved house later that year (in May, the photos were taken in January) rather than try to move it all he sold it in bundles by genre if IIRC. Stuff like Evolution 2 and Project Justice that were expensive he sold individually. I kept most of the fighting games and the arcade ports but sold them on around 2008 when I moved out. This was 2003 so there wasn't stuff like Retro Gamer or any big sites that were interested in big collections, so I think he did it just for the fun of collecting. (It was also when you could find toss like Moho sealed in Electronics Boutique for £4.99 :lol: )

It's strange because he loved the Dreamcast and hasn't been that bothered about gaming since. He's had a 360, PS3 and PS4 and a couple of games on each one but that's about it. Xmas 1999 I got the Dreamcast for christmas that year and when we played Soul Calibur he just loved it. When the DCs went down to £99 I think it was with the 3 games (VF3, JSR and MSR I think) he bought his own and started collecting from there.

• Upvote 1

Oh indeed - I don't know about the space it'd take up mind ! Isn't it strange that £99 for Samba De Amigo was deemed rediculous at the time, when we now live in an age of £250+ special editions.

• Upvote 1

On 16/08/2018 at 23:16, Mars said:

It is both a very good and very bad thing that I found out about this.

£60 on newfrog...

I've just picked up an NTSC Dreamcast, with two pads and two games (Virtua Tennis, Soul Calibur) for around £40.

What's the best option for connecting to a modern TV? Or should I just get a VGA box and connect to my monitor?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

VGA if it’s ntsc as I don’t believe they supported RGB. If they do then RGb scart if your tv doesn’t have vga. 

Thanks. Retrobit do a VGA cable, that'll be okay for the vast majority of titles? I know some didn't support VGA.