VN1X

Giant Bomb Fan Club

On the latest UPF Dan's dad was there. It was pretty amazing. The latest Mario Party event was pretty horrible though. Brad was an insufferable dick towards Dan and the game itself. I mean him and Jeff usually do that but this just wasn't funny any more.

Okay! discuss.

2721231-7769430788-B0bPn.gif

• Upvote 2

As someone who was suffered through more than one fun free three hour game of Mario Party I think Brad is completely justified in disliking Dan.

I haven't watched the stream but Brad *loathes* Mario Party and really, really didn't want to play it.

I love their podcast. I'm currently listening to a "Best of Giantbomb 2014 podcast" that someone did and the Dan stuff is just hilarious. I don't know how anyone can get so far through life and know so little. It gets frustrating sometimes but he does seem like a nice guy.

Jeff is my fave. He's definitely the funniest.

The latest Mario Party event was pretty horrible though. Brad was an insufferable dick towards Dan and the game itself. I mean him and Jeff usually do that but this just wasn't funny any more.

Yup. I watched it live and the atmosphere became genuinely uncomfortable near the end. Even Drew got outta there for a bit. But holy hell, Brad needs to take some pointers from Jeff on how to play shit like that for laughs and not become a sulking, unprofessional, hostile prick.

• Upvote 3

Dan honestly makes some of the most typical mind numbing American comments some times. I do wonder how he even got that job at GB. But then at other times his enthusiasm is infectious. He'll laugh and laugh as he puts Drew through another horrible horror game or when Jeff goes on another tirade you hear nothing but a constant laughter in the background. Generally he seems to be a cool guy though but oh my lord... he mixes the finest whiskey with fucking Coke, he posed the question whether or not crabs are poisonous, he's afraid to drink Energy drinks or coffee because of 'caffeine addiction' yet I've seem him drink litres of Cola away on stream and the list goes on and on.

What a guy. :D

Brad has developed a tendency to quietly seethe and sometimes behave in a passive aggressive manner. There was a while when he was the same with Jeff. And he was a dick on the GOTYcasts.

I blame DotA and Destiny. They have sapped his soul :(.

Jeff can be abrasive but man, could have been a very capable improv comedian if the games thing hadn't worked out. Ever watch that stream on the boycott SOPA day? Gold.

I think he and Ryan were working on some non-game comedy stuff when Ryan died,I would like to see them try more like that some time.

Dan has to be playing a character. Has to be. The only way I can process his existence is that it's totally kayfabe. John Drake's whole 'Frank Grimes to Dan's Homer' thing from the bombcast last year was spot on.

Tried to listen to the bombcast once due to the raving people were doing on here.

Fuck me it was awful. Had to switch it off after a few minutes due to one high pitched phrase being constantly repeated. Wank.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tried to listen to the bombcast once due to the raving people were doing on here.

Fuck me it was awful. Had to switch it off after a few minutes due to one high pitched phrase being constantly repeated. Wank.

I don't know what else you expected to get out of this thread but you are a person with bad opinions.

Dan strikes me as an incredibly annoying person to play games with. Very competitive and both a bad winner and a sore loser.

Yeah, I get this impression from him too. Watching him on that Rabbids Kinect game Quick Look was infuriating. He just took it so seriously!

2715890-pushit.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm not convinced Dan is playing a part, I just think he's a really willfully ignorant guy. Wouldn't like to hang around with him but it's fucking hilarious listening to the various reactions to him - Drew's amused amazement, Brad's seething hatred and Jeff's sort of resigned "I hired this guy".

I miss Vinny terribly :(

• Upvote 1

one high pitched phrase being constantly repeated. Wank.

I don't remember any high pitched wanking but I did take a break from listening for six months after Ryan Davis died. Maybe it got weird then?

Just in case you fancy trying again, I couldn't handle the Bombcast when I first listened to it either, it just sounded like people shouting at each other.

If you watch a few of their Quick Look videos first, which are never really more than two of them at a time talking about a single game, you get a better sense of their individual personalities which are all pretty entertaining and then having them all come together on the podcast becomes more fun to listen to.

I genuinely think they're providing the most entertaining video & audio content about video games out there at the moment, their Unprofessional Fridays show is the closest thing to primetime comedy gaming TV we'll ever get without buckets of cringe

• Upvote 2

I miss Vinny terribly :(

Same here. I'd sort of put it out my mind and stuff, then he did his Far Cry 4 stream and showed just how brilliant he is. Hopefully once the New York studio is up and running he'll be on video far more.

I only started listening after Ryan died. In my ignorance I didn't realise GB was the guys from GameSpot (I used to watch On The Spot).

First time I listened I didn't have a clue what they were talking about but soon I was pissing myself laughing. Jeff cracks me the fuck up and whilst I'm not game obsessed I do enjoy listening to his insights. Same goes for Drew. Brad, I used to think was ok but Destiny and Dota bore the fuck out of me. I only watched a Mario Party cast a month or so ago and I can understand Brad being fucked off as it was 3-4hrs. Does he hate Dan? I dunno I never picked up on that.

I'm a subscriber but I don't really have the time to watch a lot if stuff but I don't begrudge the sub money for one second.

Dan's utter ignorance does get on my tits sometimes though.

I think I heard one episode with Vinny just after Ryan died; I think he was just moving to NY. But I don't get the mad Vinny love (not because I don't like the guy, I've just not heard enough of him).

Was Vinny on GameSpot/ On The Spot? I can't remember him being on it.

Vinny is the most likeable person I've never met. It's cliche advice around here, but start with the Phantasmagoria random PC game vids.

I enjoyed the Bioforge ones slightly more I think.

The dadcasts are great for Vinnie content, they're on the tested.com feed though. Also the episode he edited before he left for NY. Amazing.

Oh man, the quick look at the murder mystery talking game is incredible.

• Upvote 1

Oh yes, Vinny's first instructions in all flight sims - eject! Open the canopy mid-flight! :lol:. For something similar, the epic Euro Truck Simulator 'quick' look.

All Bot Colony and Velvet Sundown videos on the site are more recent Vinny gold.

Bot Colony developer guy lost a fortune making that game!